Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34871 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 1: The Investigation Begins [9/9]
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2015, 08:33:15 pm »

So you are saying that the vote you put on me was in no way serious?

Peradon: you give no reason or question along with this vote, and you also voted someone that already had a vote on them. Why?

That sure sounds like a serious vote to me.
It was somewhat serious. I wasn't planning on carrying the vote to the lynch if that's what you're asking.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2015, 09:27:37 am »

OSG what would say is the most effective way of finding a cultist.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2015, 10:56:12 am »

OSG what would say is the most effective way of finding a cultist.
I do not want to answer this question because it would give the cultist information that would help him/her.

Unvote
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2015, 03:57:23 pm »

OSG, why did that question prompt an unvote if you think the answer helps the cultist?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2015, 04:01:15 pm »

OSG, why did that question prompt an unvote if you think the answer helps the cultist?
It didn't. I just forgot to unvote in my previous comment.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2015, 09:01:51 pm »

Peradon: you give no reason or question along with this vote, and you also voted someone that already had a vote on them. Why?

It was somewhat serious. I wasn't planning on carrying the vote to the lynch if that's what you're asking.
So what you are saying is that you find an RVS vote scummy, just because it was on someone who already had a vote on him? Did you seriously think I wanted to get him lynched like that?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2015, 09:03:23 pm »

So what you are saying is that you find an RVS vote scummy, just because it was on someone who already had a vote on him? Did you seriously think I wanted to get him lynched like that?
Mainly because you just said a name with no rhyme or reason.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2015, 09:07:30 pm »

I'm having trouble understanding why that is scummier than a normal RVS vote. Could you explain your reasoning?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2015, 09:17:17 pm »

I'm having trouble understanding why that is scummier than a normal RVS vote. Could you explain your reasoning?
Because you are giving them no option to easily convince you to not vote them. If you ask a question, usually, if they answer sufficiently, the vote moves off. If you don't give them anything to respond to, they have no choice but to say, "Uh, why are you voting me?" Which can get them into precarious situations. This is coupled with the fact that they already had a vote on them which would understandably make them start to freak out. Whether they are cult or town. Do you understand?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2015, 12:04:12 am »

Not really, no. A normal RSV vote would be something like "Hey, OSG, why are you evil?" How is this any different than a vote with no question attached?

Plus, you should know that some people put votes on people randomly(sometimes without a question attached). Why does this random vote seem scummy, yet other random votes do not?

Also, assuming you thought I was cult, what did you think my motives for voting for Teneb were?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2015, 12:09:40 am »

I am singling you out because you voted someone who already had a vote on them. If you have cultist intentions, you would do this to put pressure on them hoping they would say something that would get everybody to vote them.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2015, 12:29:22 am »

I am singling you out because you voted someone who already had a vote on them. If you have cultist intentions, you would do this to put pressure on them hoping they would say something that would get everybody to vote them.
Isnt putting pressure on someone pretty much the sole purpose of an RVS vote? At the very least, my putting extra pressure is a null-tell, because town pressures other people as well.

This sounds like you are scrambling to me. My vote will stay on you for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2015, 12:32:22 am »

Isnt putting pressure on someone pretty much the sole purpose of an RVS vote? At the very least, my putting extra pressure is a null-tell, because town pressures other people as well.

I am not scrambling to you. You asked me, remember? I see an RVS vote as a way to get peoples attention and force them to answer a question. I myself don't feel pressured by RVS votes on me.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2015, 12:45:21 am »

I am not scrambling to you. You asked me, remember? I see an RVS vote as a way to get peoples attention and force them to answer a question. I myself don't feel pressured by RVS votes on me.
Let me rephrase that: It sounds to me like you're scrambling.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2015, 01:23:59 am »

Hoo-kay, so Finals happening. I am D:
But stable!
At least I think I am. I can type!

Peradon
Peradon
I've noticed a mindset of quick talk with the rest of the people here. I ask you a hypothetical question:
> Let's assume you're a regular townie. How are you generally planning to find the singular cultist during Day 1? How do you view assertiveness versus aggressiveness in behavior?
Normally, I go with a pretty mundane Q&A scumhunting system, but I've found that it hasnt worked the best for me, so I'm going to try to some more mini-gambits like the one I did earlier.
As for your second question, I think that there is a time for both. I find aggressiveness to be best when actively pursuing someone who you are fairly certain is scum, whereas assertiveness for everything else.
Indeed. Indeed...
Now query once more. This game is a -very- different one from the others. Why I say so is based from my interpretation of things:
> We have scum--termed as the 'root'. This root is able to grow by 1 in the proceeding days since now.
The problem here is, if the root is dead then the danger only lies in finding where the growth occurred. An invariably lesser danger than what was once before.

So here's my query: In application of aggressiveness and assertiveness, I will jump onto my assumption that it seems you're playing those values for later, and are assessing others' demeanor/attitude for the present. So when do you think being assertive in inquiry would help? During D1, or during the later days?

Mee
Tiruin
If you were the cultist what would you first move be?
Generally?
Or specifically?
I'd be basing my first move on the situation. Unlike chess, this means that my move already has a basis--the other 8 people around me whom I can delicately turn to my side.
Now my first move would obviously be picking one of them--but this is later after D1. During D1, this would be shown in...how you say, 'appraisal'. Whom among the 8 would be shrewd and cunning enough to conform with the idea of innocence, and be the best sleeper agent to advocate mislynches.
That would be my first move, appraising those around me.

What is your plan with all the questions you're giving? What is your motive and intent?

Jack: Boatcount please! I may be busy in the next few days because of Finals et al*. Also may I know if I'm using that term* correctly?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22