Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34872 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 1: The Investigation Begins [9/9]
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2015, 01:13:02 am »

Question: Can Roo be a Power Role? Or does Confirmed Townie mean he is only Vanilla Townie?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2015, 01:14:24 am »

Question: Can Roo be a Power Role? Or does Confirmed Townie mean he is only Vanilla Townie?
Known Townie is a power role, with the power of being confirmed town D1.  He can't also be the jailer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2015, 01:14:44 am »

Known Townie is a power role, with the power of being confirmed town D1.  He can't also be the jailer.
Thanks.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2015, 01:21:40 am »

woah is this real life? All those rvs votes. I think Jack did this on purpose. Now I can't act all VI/random/susp. and find the evil doer.

Who wants to speed lynch zombie? How perfect would it be if they were the cult? And I'm not just saying that for their crappy rvs vote. And even crappier unvote. Osg says one thing and unvotes. I am not even sure it can be called rvs. Then you know the calling out/voting of peradon for trying something. But I can look past that. I think. I mean I've played with negative nellys before is what I'm trying to say.

@Tiruin: Oh, hello. The benefits of being confirmed? Well none if you think about it. The people who want to listen will listen. I think I am saying it wrong. Let me try again. The people who are diligent readers(?) idk how to express it. There are no upsides from my perspective (nailed it!). The only thing that has changed for me is my play style. Like everyone else I still have to try to find cult which isnt very different than finding scum minority/majority game; Now I actually have to be coherent and straight forward for all you judgey people :(. i.e if our confirmed townie didnt have their head up their ass we might have won or something. I think I answered all those unecessary questions.Can I get your thoughts on what is going on in the thread tho? Thanks much new friend.

@tiruin also how do you pronounce your user name? I quite like hownit rolls off the tongue. I've been pronouncing it Tee-roo-een
Or not it's cool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2015, 01:35:46 am »

...I totally missed playing with your silliness, OSG. :P

Quote from: Roo
Who wants to speed lynch zombie? How perfect would it be if they were the cult? And I'm not just saying that for their crappy rvs vote. And even crappier unvote. Osg says one thing and unvotes. I am not even sure it can be called rvs. Then you know the calling out/voting of peradon for trying something. But I can look past that. I think. I mean I've played with negative nellys before is what I'm trying to say.
...This is somewhat of the enthusiasm I expected from Confirmed Townies.

But in all seriousness: What's with the very direct questions? What's the purpose of the second question (...'Perfect'? I don't understand...)
Are you basing your judgement on the quantity of words and content in people's votes? To defend ZU, he's like that. :P He does brevity in his posts.
What matters is the quality of his brevity...which is usually up for discussion, but not exactly the point (speaking from personal observation over continued games).

I think I am saying it wrong. Let me try again. The people who are diligent readers(?) idk how to express it.
It's understandable. :P
Diligent readers meaning those who do not push away anyone's posts because of how they seem at first impression, right?
And upsides meaning...why? Because you're obviously a townie? In my opinion, your point is pretty valid. You are as much a target as anyone else--wherein the cultist can choose you rather than the other 7, because of that exact role.
But it seems more beneficial that even if you're converted--the only problem would still be in the mechanic: You're as open as anyone else as a target, as despite being converted, you can't convert anyone else.
That's one benefit I can think of.

But anyway.

for all you judgey people
This tone made me smile.
Also you got it. Either long vowel/short vowel is fine here :P (Tih-roo-in)

Can I get your thoughts on what is going on in the thread tho?
In my opinion, people are getting hold of their ideas about all the others present here, going along their own methods of inquiry and investigation.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2015, 01:39:03 am »

And to jail me or not to jail me. I think everyone knows the possible outcomes/scenarios. Well really only two. Either jail me or don't. The implications of course are different for each. And they both have ups and downs. Or I should say gamble or play it safe. You gamble and dont jail me for the potential of either Keeping someone from joining the cult or stopping the cult leader, the results of which are unknown. Play it safe and jail me so you can have a friend in me. Unless you know I try to lynch you (oops).

I very much dislike being cleared. It messes with my fungshuei. I share Panadarsenics sentiments on the matter at hand. Not to mention the day 2 wifom.
Or not it's cool.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2015, 01:44:28 am »

woah is this real life? All those rvs votes. I think Jack did this on purpose. Now I can't act all VI/random/susp. and find the evil doer.
All roles were randomly assigned.  The amusement this one gives me is amusement I gained through chance.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2015, 01:46:04 am »

@Tiruin Their username is zombie. I hope that is sufficiently self explanatory. And I figuired he was just a low volume poster. Was it relevant? Yes , what isnt? would be more apropos. But you seem to have given them a pass for their very subpar rvs vote. What did you think of their vote on osg and then unvote after the explanation? And then their vote on peradon? It looks like they (zombie) are looking for a reason to vote someone.

I'm not entirely sure why I dont trust you tiruin. I felt disgusted like I was making a case for you to mislynch poor zombie. Do you think Tiruin it is possible to convey a tone of voice?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2015, 01:49:10 am »

oh nvm Tiruin I can't read. Err extrapolate. Well infer really. I'm trying to say that content is not entirely ewat I look for. I am not that smart or coniving. I am annoying tho. If you see the previous game modded by osg You can actually have a very nice example of emotional consistency and failing to be that with Deus. It is how he was lynched his "reaction" to me. Was not emotionally consistent.
Or not it's cool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2015, 01:54:04 am »

I'm not entirely sure why I dont trust you tiruin. I felt disgusted like I was making a case for you to mislynch poor zombie. Do you think Tiruin it is possible to convey a tone of voice?
Why yes, it very much is!
It's in how you word your sentences, as well as sentence structure. The beauty of forum Mafia is that kind of communication analysis. Textual reading sometimes also depends on how the person is 'used' to knowing things (as in, they may read a purely innocuous sentence with a negative tone).
Adding in punctuation, passive/active voice, usage of verbs/gerunds...etc. It is very much possible to convey a tone of voice online, through a medium where no body language is seen or pitch/timbre can be heard.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2015, 01:58:16 am »

This is so weak and a non-answer. What results did you get?
I'd actually rather not say, because doing so might put the scum on guard a little. I'll tell you later if I can more stuff together.

Peradon
I've noticed a mindset of quick talk with the rest of the people here. I ask you a hypothetical question:
> Let's assume you're a regular townie. How are you generally planning to find the singular cultist during Day 1? How do you view assertiveness versus aggressiveness in behavior?
Normally, I go with a pretty mundane Q&A scumhunting system, but I've found that it hasnt worked the best for me, so I'm going to try to some more mini-gambits like the one I did earlier.
As for your second question, I think that there is a time for both. I find aggressiveness to be best when actively pursuing someone who you are fairly certain is scum, whereas assertiveness for everything else.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2015, 03:03:54 am »

Now I can't act all VI/random/susp. and find the evil doer.
I hope you don't seriously do this because its not funny for anyone else.

I unvoted because OSG answered my question satisfactorily. I'm not voting peradon for trying something, I'm voting him because he backed off at the slightest pressure.

Its a good thing you're confirmed town roo so I can forgive all the stupid stuff you've been saying.

I'd actually rather not say, because doing so might put the scum on guard a little. I'll tell you later if I can more stuff together.
So now I'm sure you had nothing, you backed off from your rvs vote because osg was pressuring you, then made up doing a gambit after getting questioned, and now are just stalling for time.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2015, 09:26:33 am »

Peradon well, pointing is rude. And I would rather not die in my first game on the first round.
Is that the only reason you feel nervous about being FoS'd?
[/quote]
can't think of other reasons therefore yes.

Tiruin
If you were the cultist what would you first move be?

Peradon
What would say is the best way of finding a cultist?

Roo
If you thought you knew who the jailer was and they were going to be lynched. How would you go about stopping it?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2015, 09:34:33 am »

Ah! Zombie Urist, you've never played with roo before, have you? The first Beginners Mafia game he was in, nobody could understand what he was trying to say.  :P

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2015, 12:23:03 pm »

So now I'm sure you had nothing, you backed off from your rvs vote because osg was pressuring you, then made up doing a gambit after getting questioned, and now are just stalling for time.
That would be in your interpretation.

Though, seeing as how the interaction was entirely between me and OSG, I suppose from all ya'lls questions, he would have gathered that I suspect him. So, saying nothing wont do any good anymore, thanks to you.

I suspect OSG, and here's my rational:

Peradon: you give no reason or question along with this vote, and you also voted someone that already had a vote on them. Why?
I will be looking at the possible motives for the above post of OSG's. As I see it there are 3 possible motives:

(1)That OSG is the cultist, and he is trying to pin something on me, based on an RVS vote.
(2)That OSG is Town, and he legitimately thought that an RVS vote is scummy if it is placed on top of an existing post. (I find this to be less likely; I have seen what OSG plays like, and he knows better.)
(3)That OSG is either Town or the Cultist, and was trying to do a gambit. (This also is less likely, mainly because of I have never seen OSG do any gambits...)

So, you see, granted that OSG's vote was legitimate, there are only two possibilities; one of them being that he is Scum, the other that he is stupid town. I dont think OSG is stupid town, thus he is probably Scum.

With that said, OSG.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22