Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cannot brew drinks!  (Read 876 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Cannot brew drinks!
« on: May 13, 2015, 11:51:27 am »

Hey there, for my newest fort I've been having the problem that I cannot brew any sorts of alcohol for my Dwarves.

As you can see, I don't even have the option to do so. I've dismantled the stills and rebuilt them to no avail, I've check the still's raws as well -- no changes have been made to them. Help me Bay12 you're my only hope!
I've lost control of my life.

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
  • Roll the dice, the RNG god is my friend.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot brew drinks!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 12:01:13 pm »

R.I.P.
You can survive, but it will be difficult and full of fun just be ready to trade all for alcohol and record this adventure to share with the DF community
You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 12:34:16 pm »

Dorfs CAN drink water, but make sure to make enormous amounts of buckets. Steady, early water access is critical, in that case. Also, get lots of beehives, since mead IS in the list.

(Sorry, no idea about what your underlying problem is. You might try another embark to see if the problem is repeated, in which case raws are probably broken somehow. You might try your previous version and make an embark there. If that is OK, you might want to compare the raws. You haven't mentioned mods, so the assumption is you haven't added any that screws things up).

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 01:15:08 pm »

A'yep, thar's somethin' wrong thair fer sure, a'yep!

Either a bug, a corrupted file or a mod gone bad.

You could try saving a copy of the world somewhere else, deleting and re-installing the game from the original zip, replacing the world-file back where it belongs, and see if that solves it.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 01:45:28 pm »

Brewing reactions were moved into the raws in the v0.40 branch. When you use a mod intended for a prior version, it "updates" the raws to that old version, removing the new brewing reactions. Don't use outdated mods, or manually resolve all the raw conflicts.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 02:00:15 pm »

Try scheduling 'brew drink' jobs in the manager.  I've had the breweries refusing to brew fruit while dwarves are buried in 3,000 units of cherries, but if I queued the brew fruit jobs in the manager they'd go through.  Then I'd set them on repeat and they'd be good for a while.

I think it's something to do with barrels being busy or what have you.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 02:39:10 pm »

No, the problem is that the job isn't even listed in the Still menu (see image in OP). If barrels were just busy, the job would still be offered but would then be canceled. This problem is much deeper.  >:(

(Altho', if it's listed in the manager, that ~might~ be a work-around??? Worth a try, even if it doesn't explain the cause of the problem.)

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
  • Roll the dice, the RNG god is my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 02:59:28 pm »

No, the problem is that the job isn't even listed in the Still menu (see image in OP). If barrels were just busy, the job would still be offered but would then be canceled. This problem is much deeper.  >:(

(Altho', if it's listed in the manager, that ~might~ be a work-around??? Worth a try, even if it doesn't explain the cause of the problem.)

don't forget to record this adventure. it sounds like a funny story XD
You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 03:06:07 pm »

You are right.

Except that, if barrels were busy, I'd get the job listed in red instead of missing and be unable to add them except by the manager.  This is weird.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 05:34:20 pm »

Its got to be a mod conflict.  You simply can't use a mod with any other version of DF and expect it to be fine... either stop using the mod or revert to the mod's preferred version. As has been mentioned, if this was a supply or stockpile issue (barrels being moved around, claimed by other stocks, not linked properly) then you'd still see the option- just it'd be red like the mead.