Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 16986 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2015, 12:08:36 am »

Meanwhile, outside in the Land Speeder, Elodie and Volc remain vigilant. They notice a bunch of panicking servants burst out of the manse, screaming and praying to the Emperor.

(Awareness: 30/68) (4 DoF)
(Awareness: 32-20/6) (2 DoS)

Elodie's view is completely obscured by the panicking horde of servants, but Volc manages to glimpse a figure completely at odds with the surroundings; hooded, and face covered by a pale mask. He promptly vanishes, as Volc's view is obscured as well by fleeing servants.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2015, 12:34:49 am »

Performing the aquila after witnessing the man seemingly passing away, Tarkhal glanced at Aelia to confirm his suspicions. "And it seems our investigation into this will take us to the lower hive." He whispered as he passed the note to Tesera and stretched a bit to work out the tense feeling that had been creeping up his body.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2015, 07:41:10 am »

"Hm." Tesera mutters, and turns to the bodyguard, if he were still there. "We were too late. But we will avenge him. But for that we need whatever information you have. Has your master been acting strange lately? Going places he usually wouldn't? Has he mentioned any people that he had no prior association with?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2015, 08:01:45 am »

"Yes." He still seems out of it, not facing Tesera in the eyes. "He went to the cantina, down in the lower hive. The Screaming Wheel, I think. Was doing some business with a Cloudboy gang. I think they were the Babyfaces."

He grips his hand-cannon tightly. "I was there. I should have shot those kids the moment they sold him the orb, oath be damned."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2015, 08:05:50 am »

"Do you wish to come with us to find them and avenge your master?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 19, 2015, 08:07:58 am »

He lifts his gaze for the first time, scrutinizing Tesera. "Who are you? Really?"
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 19, 2015, 08:09:11 am »

She glances at Tarkhal, a question clear: Tell him?
Sigtext!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 19, 2015, 08:50:35 am »

"Who we are..."

Eizen continues as he momentarily flashes the other drawings to the others, then stows them away.

"Depends on how involved with this you want to get."

Stupid Inquisition.

Oh, right, he should probably mention that the orb wasn't warp-tainted. He'd wait until the bounty hunter had made up his mind.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:57:42 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 19, 2015, 09:21:04 am »

Tarkhal answered Tesera's glance with a confused one of his own, unsure whether they should say anything and wondering why exactly she had invited him to join them when the investigation was supposed to be discreet... Though it probably beat disappearing right after getting the information they needed; woe to them if the bodyguard or anyone else thought the coincidence of the nobleman's death happening shortly after their arrival was less than a simple play of fate. The scribe turned to Aelia. "May you pick up the orb?" Sisters were immune to corruption, or so he had heard.

He then addressed the bodyguard. "We have a very powerful person as our patron, and it's in their interests to discover what exactly is causing this manner of event in order to reach the source and cull it. Your master wasn't the first and it might not be the last if we don't act quickly."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:22:43 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 19, 2015, 09:27:46 am »

((They don't know the lower hive nearly as well as he would; Tesera thinks that letting one guy in and getting the info soundly beats not saying anything and not getting anything because they got lost or couldn't find the ones that sold the noble the orb.))
Sigtext!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 19, 2015, 09:31:25 am »

"The orb isn't warp-tainted. Just don't... Look into it, I guess. Or touch it."

Well, whatever.

He walks over to Tarkhal and whispers in his ear.

"Having someone who's actually native to this planet, knows the customs and where everything is as well as being able to fight would be a huge advantage. At the very least, we should try to get him on our side even if we don't tell him about our patron. I think we should try and get his help."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:22:14 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 19, 2015, 10:09:54 am »

"It's as if he just... Stopped. He didn't bleed out or anything - I know my work. His brain just stopped working."

Aelia sounded a mixture of surprise and confusion, though her face was scowling at the devilry at work. She made the sign of the Aquila, and wrapping the orb in the papers, put it away in her robes.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 19, 2015, 10:26:44 am »

Tarkhal pushed Eizen's face away with an armored hand just as the psyker got closer and was about to start whispering. "Please keep your distance. A good distance, even." He didn't sound too happy about having someone invading his personal space so suddenly.
>Yes?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 19, 2015, 10:37:22 am »

Eizen sighed. He didn't seem to care earlier, and what he was talking about wasn't something he could exactly let the bounty hunter hear. If only he could speak directly into people's minds like the other Psyker's could. Stupid training course, omitting that. Just because he wasn't good at telepathy...

"His brain just stopped working...? If the former bodyguard has no objections, I suggest cutting his head open. There might be visible damage or marks that could help us figure out just what this thing is. Maybe his brain is shriveled up or something? Only one way to find out..."

God that would be disgusting, but oh well. You learnt to get used to this sort of thing.

The wounds from Commissar bolter rounds weren't exactly known for their cleanliness.

The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 19, 2015, 01:16:26 pm »

"Perhaps. Does he have any family or House members of note that would object? We don't need to make enemies unnecessarily."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20