Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 17005 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #210 on: August 18, 2015, 02:11:15 am »

Elodie, who is listening to her com-bead trying vainly to figure out just what in the 29 levels of hell is going on inside, gives the newcomer a once-over.

"You could say that. The rest of the group is in the manse and things don't sound as if they are going well for Guljian."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2015, 07:01:19 pm »

Aelia took in a deep breath, suddenly aware of the pressure and the influence of darker forces at play. The Hospitallers never taught her what to do if a man carved out his own eyes...

She suddenly felt her inexperience dearly.

Regardless, she stepped forward, her tone clear and cold, pointing at her companions. "Hold him still, stop him clawing any more! I need him to move less to treat him!"

Use the medkit to treat the bloke. - stop him bleeding out or the damage getting worse.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:06:55 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2015, 07:06:18 pm »

Tesera has seen stuff like this before. Having your world taken over by a cult of Chaos tends to do that. She never got used to it. Aelia's words take her out of her memories, and Tesera moves to hold down the man, and restrain him.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:16:46 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2015, 07:15:45 pm »

On top of what he had already said, Tarkhal added more to the bodyguard: "Help us hold down your master! We need to treat him before it is too late!"

Ask/order around the NPCs according to the last posts and this one. Help Tesera restrain the man so Aelia can treat him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2015, 07:37:33 pm »

Eizen decides to look around the room for anything suspicious other than the orb. Perhaps there would be some sort of incriminating letter leading directly the identity of the person who the noble received his xenotech from?

Who was he kidding, things were never that easy. What a pain...
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2015, 08:00:50 pm »

Use the medkit to treat the bloke. - stop him bleeding out or the damage getting worse.

((I don't think you have a medikit. Did you get one at character creation or did Tarkhal requisition one for you?))

hold down the man, and restrain him.

(Strength: 40+10/12) (5 DoS)

The noble priestess shows considerable strength, managing to hold down the struggling nobleman. 

Ask/order around the NPCs according to the last posts and this one. Help Tesera restrain the man so Aelia can treat him.

(Command: 25-20/64) (6 DoF)

The servants are still screaming, crying and fleeing. The bounty hunter seems oblivious to Tarkhal's frantic and ill-worded commands. Tarkhal decides to help Tesera himself.

look around the room for anything suspicious other than the orb.

(Awareness: 35/4) (4 DoS)

Skeptical that he would find anything, Eizen's luck favors him as he finds a crumpled ball of paper rolling to him, probably kicked over by the bedlam of screaming servants. Unfolding it, it seems to be a page of a diary quickly discarded. It outlines a business meeting. The location is covered in ink. The directions seem to indicate the lower hive, however. The business associate's name is equally scratched out.

More pieces of paper you find seem to come from the same diary, though these must have been written as he descended to madness. They are hastily scribbled drawings of what appear to be cities, completely impossible in reality. His notes scrawled on it range from "I CAN'T SEE" to "PALE CHILDREN" and the "WHEEL THAT SCREAMS".
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:21:51 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2015, 08:23:20 pm »

Tarkhal quickly and surreptitiously slipped Aelia the medi-kit owned by him after noticing she didn't seem to have one.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2015, 08:38:42 pm »

Well, that was unexpected. Maybe his luck was uncharacteristically good today.

Pale Children? Wheel that Screams? Perhaps he was incorrect, yet somehow they seemed familiar to him... But why? Forbidden Knowledge (Warp)

As he tried to recall what he knew - if anything - Eizen surreptitiously passes the diary piece to Tarkhal.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2015, 08:44:40 pm »

(Medicae: 40+10+10/24) (5 DoS)

Tarkhal quickly hands Aelia a medikit. She expertly applies synth-skin to close the wounds around his eyes. The noble calms down, but still gibbers incoherently. It seems that you could possibly talk to him now. Most of the servants have left the room. The bodyguard is on the study's sofa, looking mortified.

"...I can still...see...."

(Forbidden Lore: 30/27) (2 DoS)

Eizen wracks his mind for any correlation between these scribbles and the foul Warp. Thankfully, these have nothing to do with that, and you highly doubt that the noble could even have any knowledge about such esoteric things. The content of his notes seem to be planet-bound. 
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2015, 08:48:42 pm »

"Mr. Lans Guljian, I believe that you have things you must tell us. We can not help you if you do not do so. What has been happening here?" Tesera says, in a far less authoritative voice than before.

Charm roll. Fate point for the bonus.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2015, 10:22:16 pm »

(Charm: 25+20/73) (4 DoF) (Willpower: 28/70) (6 DoF)

The noble seems to still be in shock. However, perhaps some glimmer of sanity remains, and he utters, "What is happening? hah What isn't happening, more like. Haha. The orb, the orb." He struggles feebly.
Dying of laughter?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2015, 11:22:28 pm »

Tarkhal silently and nodded to Eizen as he accepted the piece. "What about the orb?" The scribe wasn't sure he actually wanted to know, but it was their job after all.
>Yes?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2015, 11:30:22 pm »

"It shows me...the old, beautiful, horrible cities. The forgotten kingdoms.... The orb, my precious, terrible orb." He continues sobbing and struggling. "My newest addition to my collection. Your last addition." The last bit doesn't seem to be his voice.
Dying of laughter?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2015, 11:39:04 pm »

Before, Tarkhal suspected he wouldn't want to touch the orb - now he was absolutely sure of it. "Who gave you that orb?" He wasn't sure if the man's confusion was temporary or if we could get useful information aside from how dangerous that artifact was, but he could try.
>Yes?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 18, 2015, 11:44:32 pm »

"The pale child.... The pale child and his brothers....In the wheel. The wheel that screams." He begins laughing maniacally. Suddenly, as he utters his last laugh, he ceases struggling completely. He starts speaking in a monotone, alien tongue. He vacantly stares at the ceiling before he slumps to the ground, completely lifeless.

(Medicae: 40+20+10/2) (8 DoS)

Aelia expertly deduces that he has expired, not from the wounds, grievous though they were, but as if his brain simply shut down.

You also each receive 100xp!
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20