Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 16964 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2015, 08:45:07 pm »

"Stay clear of him. I have a stun grenade." Tarkhal draws his stun grenade and takes a few steps back before preparing to toss it at the psyker just in case.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2015, 08:46:35 pm »

Tesera takes a few steps back, but her chainsword is still out.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 20, 2015, 09:41:40 pm »

Tarkhal takes a moment to think as he reads some papers of the journal.

Reading what he can, and finding some more in the room, Tarkhal sees that his writings, though undated, have sort of a clear spiral into madness. At first, he merely describes how exhilarating and thrilling it was to purchase the orb. Then he details curious notes about strange dreams. He further complains about lack of sleep, attributing to some sort of night terror. Most of his pages then show scribbles and sketches of the forgotten kingdoms he talked about, with notes written in a language that is unmistakably xeno.

Psyniscience.

(Psynisience: 35+20/63) (2 DoF)

Eizen finds nothing new; merely that the stench of the Warp clings on it and it is of xeno make. Perhaps it periodically switches on and off? Giving the owner sparse bouts of insanity, that only increase in severity, as time goes on?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 20, 2015, 09:55:33 pm »

Reroll using fate point.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:13:29 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2015, 10:00:28 pm »

Tarkhal decided to declare his finds after Eizen seemed to relax after moments of tenseness without any apparent sign of possession. "There is a clear spiral to madness in these notes. It might be worth surrendering them to our employer as well, since they might have previous experience with this strange language that might come into play."
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2015, 10:16:22 pm »

"It stinks of warp taint and it's definitely xenotech, but I can't get a clearer picture than that. No guarantees, we're best handing it off to our employer as quickly as possible. If there's a spiral of madness then it must work periodically."

The circle is complete.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2015, 11:15:04 pm »

Tarkhal's gaze focused on the bodyguard. "It seems most of the servants ran away. I'd understand if you'd rather stay here until the authorities arrive to take care of legal matters, though in that case I'd like if you could give us some directions so we may find that bar. In case you want to come with us, things would certainly be easier."

"I'll take you there. The Sanctionaries should be here soon." He takes a last look at Lans, performs the aquila, and gets up. "Name's Sank Strenwell, by the way."

Strenwell is wearing a stylish overcoat, concealing combat armor and probably his ammunition and other weaponry. A bounty hunter like him would probably not garner much attention in the Main Hive, where the cantina is.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2015, 11:50:39 pm »

Tarkhal echoed the aquila as he prepared to leave. "And I'm Tarkhal. Unless there's something else important for our investigations still lying around here, we should move outside and give our companions there a quick explanation about what happened before we move on to investigate that cantina. Probably heading there on foot after leaving the land speeder where we're lodging, since it might call too much unwanted attention." The scribe sounded remarkably sad about being away from his esteemed piece of expensive tech.

When heading outside, the scribe's brow furrowed as he noticed Gar's absence and the presence of someone else. "Elodie?" His voice was an obvious question about the man's identity in itself, and the scribe seemed ready to pull his pistol and dive for cover - preferentially simultaneously.
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 21, 2015, 02:29:39 am »

Elodie had been about to take off after the masked person when the other acolytes reappeared. Not exactly pleased with the way they had forgone telling her anything, she gave them a brief capsule summery: "This is Volc, works for the Inquisitor apparently. Masked person in the crowd of servants, going to go after him or her on foot. You want to help, be my eyes from above."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2015, 07:56:05 am »

"What are we going to do with the orb, first of all? If we leave it, more may fall victim to it." Tesera says, after repeating the Aquila and a prayer.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2015, 08:40:32 am »

"Who's got the comm-line back to our assistant? Ask him how to send it back to our employer."

It was best to ask the butler-like man where to, or how to, send the orb.
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2015, 01:01:52 pm »

"Who's got the comm-line back to our assistant? Ask him how to send it back to our employer."

"That's what I had in mind, but someone with a micro-bead should try to contact him. Unfortunately we don't have a vox."

Before the bodyguard got into earshot, Tarkhal put a finger in front of his face to ask Elodie for silence. "The nobleman's bodyguard will assist us, so don't mention our 'employer' while he's around. Go and follow the man, we'll follow you from above then. Volc, you can help Elodie or come with us, your choice."

If everyone else managed to get to the land speeder before long, Tarkhal put the skimmer on the air once again to provide some aerial assistance in the search for the masked man.
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2015, 01:02:31 pm »

Elodie takes off after the masked man.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2015, 05:23:33 pm »

Volc greets the returning acolytes.

Pleased to meet you all. Volc De Soult, I work for our employer both as what some people call a 'goon' and as a technical assistant. I'm replacing your techpriest for the time being. This skimmer you've got here is a beauty, might even have been manufactured on my homeworld. Anyway, if someone else will go with Elodie, I'll come with you. From what I've heard, I'll be attached to you for a while, so I might as well get to know you all.

He then follows Tarkhal into the skimmer.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:43:19 pm by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2015, 05:42:29 pm »

Tesera follows Tarkhal and gets into the land speeder.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20