Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 16984 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 06:16:26 pm »

-snip-
"You must tell me about this some time. it would be interesting to learn the differences between technology in use on mining installations,  that on civilian freighters, and what is used on those craft operated by rouge traders."
"I have not heard of any of these places. I come from a world that does not have such technology. I do not even know if it has a name."
On hearing this Gar looks shocked, unable to comprehend a population living without the aid of technology. "A world without technology? By choice, calamity, or by punishment? Also, by without technology, do you mean without manufacturing capabilities, or without technology at all?"
"I am the chirurgeon. Try not to get injured."
"As you request. And while I may not be trained in the art of healing the body, if you require aid in repairing the machines within, or installing new ones, I am willing to assist. It would be interesting to learn about the systems of flesh within."

All this said, Gar then addresses the compartment as a whole. "The same form of aid will be given to anyone else who needs it. My services are at your disposal to aid in maintaining equipment. And while I may not have the training to work on any form of weaponry, I should have enough to atleast assist in any repairs needed for other items. Tarkhal, I noticed that your armor might require some work. Would you like me to take a look at it?" With this statement, something within Gar's locker starts moving about, apparently without Gar noticing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 06:44:06 pm »

Tarkhal seemed surprised to have been offered assistance and had slightly suspicious eyes on the apparently helpful tech-priest, having heard from the Interrogator how the Mechanicum would have him killed. "Thank you, but there is no need. I will... Try to clean and perform some basic maintenance on it later." he answered, trying to rein in his suspicion for the moment and not look hostile. The scribe shouldn't get paranoid, but he'd be sure to keep an eye on the red-robed man.

"And something inside your locker seems alive." he helpfully added, pointing at it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 06:48:22 pm »

Hearing Tarkhal's tone, Alicia looked up at him.

"If you are injured, you are less capable of fulfilling the divine duty the Emperor has entrusted you with; there is no greater shame than a duty left undone."

One eyebrow raised slightly at the techpriest's request. She considered for a second.

"You may observe any medical procedures I carry out..."
She drifted off as Tarkhal spoke and pointed towards the locker.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 08:16:44 pm »

Gar pauses a moment, confused, then realizes what they mean. Muttering, he crosses to it, opens it up and hauls out the servoskull within, before searching his robes for a wire shunt.
 Oddly enough, the servoskull seems to be less skull than servo, more like the bone was bolted to the metal instead of the other way around.
"Thought I told you to recharge... little Joe, why do you have to be so cantankerous?"

As he finds a cord and starts to link man to machine, he turns to the others to apologize, looking slightly sheepish.
"Sorry about that, thought I had this little guy sleeping..."
Highly Opinionated Fool

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 08:55:20 pm »

Tarkhal really couldn't tell what the Sister had going there with her way of talking after being made to feel simultaneously confused and slightly awkward due to her retort. At least the tech-priest's servo-skull provided him with a very welcome distraction, his fascination for machines and technology almost making him throw all caution to the air. Anti-grav was one of his favorites fields of study and the little cranium-covered familiars had that ancient tech. Still, he could be enthusiastic but not dumb.

"That... Is a rather nice servo-skull. What are its functions?" he inquired carefully, looking at the skull the tech-priest had mumbled to and identifying the array of tools that made at least part of its usefulness readily apparent.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 09:08:13 pm »

"This guy? Mostly just a flying toolkit and third arm, but he was also designed to act as an relay for microbeads in the mines, and to aid in prospecting and mining operations with short range scanners. However, " Here Gar grimaces, "that bit was removed at some point. Probably someone had it too close to a blasting charge in the tunnels, blew it off. Getting parts was a bit of a pain, what with training and all."
Highly Opinionated Fool

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 10:00:21 pm »

"Really? Well..." He couldn't really offer any help to the tech-priest, even if it meant having a nice chance to poke around a servo-skull. The scribe had to avoid showing what he knew since he doubted being an acolyte meant he'd be free from further attempts on his life.

There was an option, though. "...I could help find the parts to add the features back. Probably some manner of auspex and a vox-transmitter. How about that?"
>Yes?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 11:42:35 pm »

"Going to need a receiver as well. A Pict unit would be nice too... a light perhaps? Possibly some form or armament... ooh, I may be able to mount a vid relay... The possibilities... Thank you for the offer. If I draw up a list, will you see about acquiring the parts? In return I might be able to help you out with your other pieces of equipment, should you change your mind.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2015, 01:39:27 am »

Elodie hesitated for a while before answering, long enough to possibly make the others wonder if she would answer at all. Finally, she spoke.

"When I was young, I heard legends about a large rock that fell from the stars countless Coldtimes ago, destroying a magical city and killing almost all of the People. After that, we returned to the land and all of our magic slowly failed. Our most advanced weapons were blackpowder guns, and they were rare. Most made do with swords and bows." The woman shrugged, jostling her light-red hair. "I know now that a meteor or asteroid must have crashed into my world centuries ago and destroyed the planetary capitol, and with it almost all of our technology. At the time, it was only a fairy tale. I had no idea that magic could still exist until the slavers took me away to fight in the slave pits on other worlds."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 01:50:59 am »

Eizen's ears pricked up at 'magic'. Did she mean...?

"What sort of magic, pray tell?"
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2015, 01:53:54 am »

"Wagons that could travel without bisox pulling them. Flying devices. Weapons that fired deadly light. Those sorts of things." The woman shrugged again.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2015, 02:06:26 am »

Ah, so it wasn't...

"I take it you're used to such things by now?"
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2015, 03:35:41 am »

"...I am getting used to them, yes. Thankfully the Inquisitor has taught me well, so I can use at least some 'magic' now."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2015, 03:59:15 am »

"As long as it doesn't get in the way... Do you know what grenades are?"
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2015, 07:15:20 am »

"Going to need a receiver as well. A Pict unit would be nice too... a light perhaps? Possibly some form or armament... ooh, I may be able to mount a vid relay... The possibilities... Thank you for the offer. If I draw up a list, will you see about acquiring the parts? In return I might be able to help you out with your other pieces of equipment, should you change your mind.

"I will see to acquire them in due time, then." He replied, feeling something slightly off at the tech-priest's mention of adding more features than the servo-skull had been originally intended to have. As far as he knew, most of the red-robed nuts were fanatics for tradition and unmodified standards.

The stub-woman's account of her world's lack of technology was surprising to Tarkhal. He could barely understand how someone could live without being within the walled confines of a ship or hive, let alone without any manner of the Imperium's technological marvels. "No hives or hab-blocks in your homeworld, not even damaged ones? And are you enjoying the 'magic'?" he asked Elodie, curious about the view of someone who had been stranded off "real civilization" for part of their life.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20