Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Sex  (Read 8765 times)

infrequentLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Sex
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 02:47:45 pm »

So, I am interested in this, but can't read the screenshots.  What just happened?
Bugs from Normal Games: "The game stutters for six seconds before crashing."
Bugs from Broken Games: "The lighting is weird and the characters have no faces."
Bugs from Dwarf Fortress: "The horses outnumber us. I have seen settlements with a thousand horses to a man. I have seen them in the deepest caverns. They are everywhere. Liberate te ex equus."

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2015, 03:15:19 pm »

So, I am interested in this, but can't read the screenshots.  What just happened?
Part of the ground deconstructed with the wagon and wagon-held items appear to be all over. Curiously some ramps also appeared to presumably lead up to the higher ground.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2015, 03:46:27 pm »

I hit reveal, that square thing in the bottom left is a mountain, the top section is an even larger mountain, after stretching the wagon coordinates with gm-editor (gui/gm-editor df.global.world.buildings.all[0] if nothing else is built should work) so that it covered the embark ("cover the embark with wagon") caused it to go all trippy discomode. Deconstructing it scatters everything around.

Oh god is this the dwarf sex thread?

Uh, psychadelic wagon parties are how dorfs get in the mood.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 03:55:33 pm »

That was beautiful and I appreciate your dedication to inquiring minds (and uh, randy dwarves, I guess).

Granted, dwarves do love parties and milling uselessly around a wagon, so a psychadelic wagon party sounds like just the thing for them.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 04:02:54 pm »

Chief10

• Bay Watcher
  • since 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2015, 04:45:25 pm »

Let's find out!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*click*
*unpause*
*dorf finishes job*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well crap.

Can you explain to me what's happening here? I have no idea what's going on

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2015, 12:05:19 am »

I used gm-editor (gui/gm-editor df.global.world.buildings.all[0]) to pull up the wagon, then I took the coordinates there which are arranged like this:

x1/y1, xcenter, x2
ycenter
y2

Normally they are like 48, 49, 50 by 48, 49, 50 or something making a nice square 3x3 wagon.

I changed them to be 0, 49, 92 by 0, 49, 92 and it stretches the wagon across the z-level it's on, causing the psychadelic disco party, I hit reveal so you could see how it extends into the hillsides to the top and left, then I deconstructed it and it barfed all the supplies all over the map.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2015, 04:33:09 am »

Animals dont reproduce with spores anymore. They need to have contact for that to work since last update.

Whenever or not that counts for Dwarfes as well remains to be tested.

If Toady ever adds a way to examine breeding lineages, I'll be able to do special challenge:

Breed a line of wagon-pulling animals just from caravan visits.
When a caravan comes and has the right cargo-pulling animal, pasture/pen the mate at the trade depot.
Let them socialize and potentially shift animal back and forth so they get to eat (unless you make sure trade depot has grazing area nearby).
??
BABEHS

With taverns upcoming (and when Toady allows out of wedlock screwings) we'll be able to have even more babies. Ah, Taverns fulfilling their real life traditional purpose. A place for people to find a mate.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:53:36 am by Ianflow »
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2015, 12:56:00 pm »

only time i have problems with fps is when circus comes to town. any fixes for that?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2015, 03:02:26 am »

Modesty would be an interesting stat to add. Some dwarves wouldn't want to do things in public, so by restricting privacy access you could restrict birth rates.
But then logically you also get the dwarves who go out of their way to be seen or see.

The wagon is a one of a kind majestic being, the true hero of a fortress. Why wouldn't you keep the poor beast alive!?
The wagon you begin with is a building, not a creature. They share nothing in common with the wagons that traders bring besides name and appearance.

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2015, 09:35:51 pm »

They must rub beards to procreate.  Adjacent thrones allow beard rubbing to happen often.

Contrary to popular belief, female dwarves don't have beards.
I like sushi.
Pages: 1 2 [3]