Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: You are the bridge crew of a Galactic Imperial light cruiser (completed)  (Read 35253 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You are the bridge crew of a Galactic Imperial light cruiser (full)
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2015, 02:48:30 pm »

Well, this kind of was to be expected.

Things that could be done to trigger an Imperial investigation are hyper drive activation, raising the shield or firing. Only 4 people have access to these consoles. That are Radio Controlled, Snail555, GentlemanRaptor and me.

Given that, the amount of traitors is far more limited. The others don't have the access to do much damage.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2015, 02:51:18 pm »

I KNEW IT! Damn shame that things had to end so quickly, though. Wish more of the crew shared my paranoid tendencies.

My character did, but he was down in the armory at the time.

Anyway, we could do a rewind to just before Snail made contact with the base in hyperspace.  Even without anyone playing the role of a conspirator, things could very easily get out of hand at a fairly major imperial planet that according to the Star Wars wiki has a vast amount of Rebel Sympathizers.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2015, 02:54:17 pm »

Mission accomplished! I set out to roleplay a realistic officer of the Imperial navy, who always follows orders and protocol and has unwavering unquestioning loyalty to the Empire. And it worked out!

All well ends well. To be honest, I kinda thought the gm would shut it down at some point or force the plot in some direction, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see he played it straight till the end. Kudos to you, Lord of Buckets, I really mean it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2015, 03:02:51 pm »

I KNEW IT! Damn shame that things had to end so quickly, though. Wish more of the crew shared my paranoid tendencies.

Yeah. But, I mean...what else could have happened there? I just don't see any other way to continue that doesn't involve extreme GM railroad/ass-pulling. You guys turned it in to the npcs, and even IronyOwl pointed out that you guys just gave up on trying to figure out what was going on.

What else was supposed to happen?

Well, this kind of was to be expected.

Things that could be done to trigger an Imperial investigation are hyper drive activation, raising the shield or firing. Only 4 people have access to these consoles. That are Radio Controlled, Snail555, GentlemanRaptor and me.

Given that, the amount of traitors is far more limited. The others don't have the access to do much damage.

Taricus had the Commander's code cylinder. He could have accessed anything. Ghazkull had security access. He could have locked down areas of the ship, or revoked nav/comm access to the people who contacted base. Dr. Ironyowl could have sedated Radio Controlled while your soldiers were off the bridge. Either of your pilots could have launched. Anyone could have talked to the droids and asked them to commit sabotage. Remember when IronyOwl was able to get the astromech to re-enable the transponder even though her personally had no access privileges?

There were a lot of things that individuals could have done that would have forced everyone's hand. But again, apparently everyone was an Imperial loyalist, so none of that happened.

But really what I expected, was that you guys would at least try to figure out what was going on. Even with no conspirators, if you'd simply taken the time to more deeply investigate the clues you had, you would have had more leads to work with that could have taken the game in any number of directions.

Immediately turning yourselves in and standing down...there just wasn't much else that that could have happened.

All well ends well. To be honest, I kinda thought the gm would shut it down at some point or force the plot in some direction, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see he played it straight till the end. Kudos to you, Lord of Buckets, I really mean it.

I have a strong "no railroading" policy when I GM games. Everyone who's played in one of my game's should know that. Those who don't, well...now you know.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2015, 03:48:41 pm »

I think we were all under the assumption that you had already assigned the 'Rebels' by PM at the start.  I absolutely would have kicked up some trouble, but I assumed that if I was supposed to go Rebel you would have told me, so I slotted into the Loyalist role instead.

Edit:  To clarify, I thought this was Mafia, and I was a townsperson.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2015, 04:50:30 pm »

if you decide to restart it can i be a participant.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2015, 05:10:12 pm »

WE SHOULD HAVE CALLED LORD VADER BUT DOES ANYONE LISTEN TO ME?

...but yeah...i kinda expected more out of this.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2015, 05:14:00 pm »

Oh it's not as if we can't continue the game. Just slap us all onto a nice, new cruiser instead and have us out hunting rebel scum! :P

Though mind you, it's hilarious that we basically all co-operated and got out of things alive XD.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2015, 05:14:51 pm »

We were RPing loyal Imperial officers a bit too well, really.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2015, 05:20:26 pm »

DAMN IT!

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER I LOOKED RESPECTABLE OR NOT

I think we were all under the assumption that you had already assigned the 'Rebels' by PM at the start.  I absolutely would have kicked up some trouble, but I assumed that if I was supposed to go Rebel you would have told me, so I slotted into the Loyalist role instead.

Also I was operating under similar pretenses.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2015, 05:24:16 pm »

Also I was operating under similar pretenses.
This, really.

GM tip: If you want some player made chaos, you really need to directly ask for it, rather than assuming someone will do it for you (granted, this is Bay12 we're talking about here, so I'm rather surprised at the lack of inherent chaos)

But yeah. I thought it was a nice little game, though. Maybe run another thing similar to this? I'd be totally for this again.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2015, 05:52:10 pm »

Dr. Ironyowl could have sedated Radio Controlled
Oh man, I never even thought about that. It could have been the Vulcan Neck Pinch of the game.

"We're going to head to the nearest aaaghgbl"
"Yeah that's enough of that."
"Kaytara 6, this is suuuuuuuuuh"
"Sorry wrong number."
"Maybe we should OH NO YOU DON'T"
"What? What? It's a harmless sedative! Doctor's orders, hold still."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2015, 06:03:38 pm »

Its kinda sad cuz I was prepared for some actual intrigue.

I left out the backup shield generator in the cargo report in case REBELS were listening and was gonna jury rig some explosives and errything.

Is now wishing he had played a rebel.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2015, 06:09:23 pm »

I'll be honest, I was hoping someone was a rebel so I could just blast the bugger :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2015, 06:13:15 pm »

I was hoping for an excuse to LAUNCH FIGHTERS!

But yeah, that wouldn't have been very smart.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15