Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Wayward Paths (Now with a Discord!) - Signups and OOC Thread !!HEY NEW PLAYERS!!  (Read 21985 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

This is the signups thread! Post your character here, and we'll discuss them / figure out how to get them in! Also, until such time as I feel like making yet another thread, it shall also be the OOC thread!

Characters so far: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150671.msg6230274#msg6230274

First adventure: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150744.0

Second adventure: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151568.0 (Unfinished)

Third adventure:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160034.0

Fourth adventure: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162826.0

So, we have a man in a box. A listless drifter in a probably magical box, traveling throughout the endless reaches of all of reality, going on various adventures and seeing strange things, perhaps on the run from a past.

But this is not his story. This is the story of those picked up along the way, the traveling buddies on this inter-cosmic road trip, sharing in adventures with him and each other, beginning their own journeys.

Basically, this is a freeform-RP idea I had, which won't take nearly so much planning as some of the others I have in the works. The premise allows for series of little adventures in a huge variety of settings, pretty much anywhere imaginable. But it'll need player characters, and quality ones at that. Bear in mind that we have the entire infinite multiverse for them to originate from, but they should probably have a reason for joining up with a weird inter-dimensional traveler, and not be so powerful as to solve whatever problems the party encounters, thus rendering adventuring moot (or requiring us to constantly face cosmic-level threats just to be interesting).

Seriously, though, throw at me what-have-you, and we'll discuss (and eventually choose) characters in this thread. Multiverse travel provides ample opportunity for picking up and dropping off characters, but quality and dedication may be prioritized.

May or may not put up some kind of character sheet format, but with the sheer number of options available, I sure as hell won't be coming up with a unified stat system any time soon.

We have a discord server! PM me for access.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:34:05 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So characters are companions, and the Doctor is an npc?
Yeah. And not a goofy British gentleman.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

I'll try making a character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, presumably Sheotl meets the as-yet unnamed traveller on a world he gets stranded on after getting sucked through the portal?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:16:19 pm by HugoLuman »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Koi: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:11:05 pm by Kevak »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note: getting stranded in another dimension isn't a requirement. It's alright for people to encounter our magic-box-owner on their home turf. Though in Koi's case, perhaps "needs a lift home" would be necessary to motivate him to adventure.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Koi wouldn't really give enough of a fuck without the need for a lift~

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might want to think of some additional characters, depending on how long it takes to get home.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, soon as Koi gets into a universe he can access the rabbithole through, he could simply hop home, or if the groupmind suggests for him to stay longer, he could do that as well. Or not. Really depends on his mood.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

So, presumably Sheotl meets the as-yet unnamed traveller on a world he gets stranded on after getting sucked through the portal?

Yup.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LordBucket, are you going to post yours?

Also, had an idea for the first adventure being the first batch of companions getting rescued from interdimensional abductors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Two players in such an awesome game.  :o Okay. I'm going to sign up.

"Under most circumstances being ripped in half would be the highlight of the day. But when you wake up again after that, that's definitely a shock."
((If you're wondering, I'm using a character who died in another game. I could make a different one if you'd like.))

Name: No.
State of life: Male, Adult.
Appearance: He doesn't look much beyond average, but his pure black hooded cloak is clearly a defining feature.
Background: No was a powerful warlock of the Nevermore clan, using the power of his Evil Eye to obliterate all resistance against him. On a whim, he entered a mage's deathmatch, and got ripped in two by a troll. Of course, now he's alive again, somehow.
Abilities: No may be a bit frail, but he makes up for this with the Evil Eye: a powerful magic ability which causes physical and mental harm to sentient beings from a distance, however if overused, the caster may end up temporarily going blind.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having an evil character could be interesting. Though you're welcome to make more anyway, might increase your chances of getting in. Due to the premise, characters from other games may be perfectly acceptable.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Fune (click to show/hide)

I was gonna do Calenthe again, Kevak, but the same person existing in three different canons would kinda be weird.
Black lives matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16