Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Should I go back on anti-depressants and how?  (Read 7713 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Should I go back on anti-depressants and how?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 10:26:55 pm »

Yeah I think the major reason I should go back on it is because I am having a LOT of bouts of depressive mood swings brought on by nothing at all.

Antidepressants to my knowledge can normalize those

Yes they can, and they do. Though, in addition you should really look at what's causing your depression man. I know you said that these mood swings are basically kind of random, but usually these are just a side effect of an actual depressive condition. You know yourself best of course, but it's something to consider.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 08:08:04 am »

I already know why I am having these depressive episodes... some of it I can't fix at all, others I don't feel like fixing, and others I am dealing with.

The main one I need to hit right now is I need to make some friends, especially ones I can do things with.

Right now I am just working on self-fulfillment by doing something creative... But it sure is hard.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:36:20 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 02:57:21 pm »

Went to the doctor spoke for about 5 minutes... Got antidepressants... specifically...

Venlafaxine or something

So... 2 weeks it should start to kick in.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 03:04:58 pm »

Let us know how you're handling it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 01:23:30 am »

I am starting to get rather... paranoid 1 week in.

I keep checking my moods to make sure I am feeling alright, and even got a bit self-conscious because this was a good week (But then again... No one has ragged on me, I got a game going, I gone to the movie with a friend), as well as I've had less frequent mood swings.

I know that antidepressants don't kick in after a week. These ones specifically have a 2-4 kick in period... and that last time I was one antidepressants I didn't even notice the shift.

I am likely making excuses because I feel guilty taking anti-depressants... because well... remember the person who barged in here and basically was all "Just get over it! what do you need those things for? you know it isn't good for you"... These are all things my Father has said many times.

Though I still have mood shifts a lot and a sort of... and I still feel depressed all the time even when I am happy, like I could just break into tears.

I should just stop paying attention to my mood... but it is kind of too practiced because of all my training to combat depression normally (usually by not giving into mood swings)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 06:35:57 pm »

Ok so my emotions are going haywire and I am feeling anxious and energetic constantly... >_<

Apparently this is normal but if it doesn't go away I need to tell my doctor at which point I'll be put on a different medication.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 12:12:13 am »

Ok my emotions balanced out. I felt normal for the first time in a while. But I somehow suspect they aren't full strength yet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 04:34:38 pm »

I'm glad to hear things are stabilizing, at least. I don't have much experience with medication, but I hope things go well.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »

Turns out it was just a calm xD my emotions are going insane now.

I've been having anxiety periods and depressive episodes now xD

I hope it calms down soon.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 03:37:03 pm »

Focus, breathe, and try to not let small stuff trip you up.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 04:13:10 pm »

It feels like my emotions are in a Kaleidoscope and anything and everything sets it off.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 04:55:57 pm »

Sorry man, I don't have any suggestions for you. Hard to know what is the meds, what is normal and what is you. Just focus, as NFO said. We are not slaves to our emotions.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Should I go back on anti
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 06:03:22 pm »

Sorry man, I don't have any suggestions for you. Hard to know what is the meds, what is normal and what is you. Just focus, as NFO said. We are not slaves to our emotions.

Yeah if it wasn't for my depression training (if you can call it that) I'd be going nuts right now... I still kind of am.

Still isn't pleasant though... I am currently having a crying fit... I'll find someone to talk to.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:08:03 pm by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »

At this point unless it kicks it into overdrive in 1 week it seems like I am probably going to have to go onto another drug.

stickadtroja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 06:01:54 pm »

ehm this is my attempt at help. im not a psychiatrist or anything, i have never been on anti-depressants, and i havent been majorly depressed. so this is just a observation from my side, and im just a person on the internet. thats the disclamer.

throughout this thread, you talk about your emotions as something that happens TO you. like you write "i am having a crying fit" like its a inconvinence that happens to you.  shouldnt you write, "i am very sad" instead? its like there is a distance between your feelings and you.

you wrote above that you are aware of why you are depressed. you said you have bunch of issues, one of them is lack of friends. but even if you state those reasons you still see yourself as depressed. i mean, if your life is shitty, are you depressed, or are you just appropriatly sad about the situation? for me thats a big difference.

i have meet people dealing with depression, and to me it always seems like they are very unforgiving against themselves. like blame that they are sad on themselves; "why arent i happy now?". this to me is that distance between the feelings and themselves i mentioned before. but i always want to say to them "you probably have a damn good reason for being sad!". why would you otherwise be it?
and i feel that discover the reason behind the sadness gives you a chance to own up to it, like saying "im sad, and thats okay".
the problem is though, that that discovery may not be easy to do. and then you kind of have to cut yourself some slack, eventhough you dont know the reason behind.

i never dealt with depression really, but i have had some anxiety attacks. and the first time it happened, it was like a lightning from clear sky. i was so suprised it happened, and i didnt take ownership of it all. it was something that happened TO me.
later, through some work, i come to realise that i had tons of reasons for those anxieties. stuff that i didnt acknowledge, and didnt deal with really. and now i rather say that "im sad, and thats okay to be" than "depression hit me" or something that makes feelings a outside thing that happens to you.

i have no idea of why you are depressed, but i think it has to do with some unacknowledged feelings. anger, shame, sadness, it can be anything really, but i think we all have to deal with are feelings sooner or later.
maybe later is better for you, so maybe antidepressants are a solution for the time being, but i think its just a lid on the box of undesired feelings, which wont go away.
so even if you do take medecin, try to search within to find what underlaying feelings there are.
im not saying that you should give in to moodswings and anxieties, but calmy look inside.

this may come of as extremly condesending, and im sorry for that. i just felt that there was a small chance i write something helpfull, and i thought it might be worth the risk of sounding patronizing and ignorant.

also, maybe there is other alternatives to anti-depressants? like changing your life, start jogging everymorning yada yada?
well good luck either way!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5