Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Family (A Mafia Suggestion game)  (Read 1712 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
The Family (A Mafia Suggestion game)
« on: May 08, 2015, 10:44:39 pm »

The year is 1933 and the country is turning into a powder keg of organized crime. Law breakers who are caught keep silent and are in time broken out by their bosses lawyer in exchange for upholding Omerta, the code of silence. These mobsters are most happy to oblidge and those offered rewards in exchange for turning against their families are dispatched to meet their makers. Some slower than others however...

In the town of chicago the aging Don Quixlote calls his final meeting. Present are his firstly his familly who he keeps close to himself and far away from danger. Secondly are his trusted advisers who he calls his 'right men'. Finally, their are the Capos who run bigger pieces of the Don's operation in exchange for a cut. The Don, your father, receives a standing ovation from everyone but he quickly opens his arms and gestures for all to take their seats.

"Ladies and Gentleman, as you all know I have turned 64 a week ago. I have had the blessings of our last papa to keep the family business alive and keep our worthy friends from poverty. Many of you may know some of our associates extended family who have come to the shores of this great country but receive no opportunity. They came to us and we gave them opportunity. For that we are all noble despite what many may think.

That does however does not excuse the means but it is the ends that matter to us and our families. I look forward to facing judgement from God almighty but lets be honest hard men  are meant to go to hell and look up to see their loving wives angels. I only hope when I get to St. Peters gate I can see Delilah one more time.
"

Everyone remains quite and you were forewarned this is not going to be a 'business as usual' meeting because of the Don's retirement. That said, you can tell this is the one and only time a Don is allowed to show weakness.

"I have done what I can to prepare us all for the future by raising the next Don myself. For one year, he'll be running operations under my care and then i'll fully retire. I expect the people in this room who call me papa, Don, Boss, and Friend to treat thier new boss the same way." He gestures to you and the whole room looks at you.

((Character creation below))

Name: First and Last name (It should be noted that the familly name will be what I call your mobster familly. For example Corleone, Gambino, Genovesse, and etc.)
Age: (20-25 will be accepted because that was the average age of gangsters)
Ethnicity: (You are American but where do your roots stretch? Ireland, Italy, Germany, China, Russia, and etc. This is mostly flavor.)
Leadership style: Brutal. The last Don taught you how to be aggresive and tightfisted. You fought kids for fun, sport, and sometimes for other ends. You won a lot of respect from the other kids of your familly including the Capos children who stand to inherit their parents position also one day. If anyone messes with your operation, familly, associates, or you. Well they'll disapear very quickly and if they reappear they won't ever feel okay again.
Deal Maker. When it came to making 'contracts' you could almost be called a buisness man yourself. You remember selling candy at different prices in the parties of other kids at school and church. These friends in turn sold them and gave you a cut of whatever they made out of respect.  Your high point was getting your Math teacher to give you an A for starting a business club in your high school which let you take it easy for most years.
Knife man: You read alot as kid and about how to topple leaders using intrigue, subtlety, and even assassination. While you never needed any of it to be the heir to your families dynasty it will surely help prevent attacks or splits from within your families kingdom here.
Other upbringing?

((Cmon guys lets play. If anything this could turn into a great game or someone may do something like this in the future.))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:57:31 pm by 3man75 »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: The Family (A Mafia Suggestion game)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 11:05:28 pm »

Name: Jacob 'Sarge' Callaghan
Ethnicity: Irish
Leadership Style: Structured, Until our older brother's recent death, we never dreamed that we might one day inherit control of the family, and as such we decided to spend several years serving our country as an officer in the marines, where we learned how to organize and use men and supplies to their fullest potential.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 11:12:50 pm »

Leadership Style: Structured, Until our older brother's recent death, we never dreamed that we might one day inherit control of the family, and as such we decided to spend several years serving our country as an officer in the marines, where we learned how to organize and use men and supplies to their fullest potential.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 01:27:55 am »

+1
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 02:40:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I'd like to introduce my grandson Jacob Callaghan. Although he was a government boy for a few years I can honestly say that he will not be selling anyone out for conscription. Well unless your me that is, he never liked his old mans advice."

Laughter creeps from some of mobsters but you notice that the Capos are looking at themselves and you intently. Perhaps joining the Government was the wisest move now that you have to deal with people paranoid about their illegal activities catching up to them because of snitches or being ratted out by fellows for lesser terms.

"Jacob if you would please take my old throne from me and see you on your first day of the job. I know the people in this room are itching to get to the day to day buisness here."

You walk forward behind your grandfather and wait for him to wake up. He puts his hands on you and looks at you before kissing your cheeks. On your right side he says 'Make me proud soldier boy'. You look back at him and nod before finally taking your place amongst your familly. As per tradition your members introduce themselves one by one starting with the highest member of the familly.

Your younger brother Jake "The Snake" Callaghan. He stayed his whole life amonst your grandfather and loved him alot. It was Jake who wanted to be the next leader but he has promised to never subplant you despite a rumored tantrum he trew when the decision was made. He is your spymaster and the youngest member to have ever been apart of this room too. While initially questioned for his youth Jake simply let his cunning (or fangs as he calls them) show him to be a legendary leader in the familly arranging the murder of enemies within to keep the familly from breaking and killing the heir of the five point gang during the last war.

Next is your legal expert Dr. Murdouk "Silver" Salvatorre. By far the oldest member of the group and your grandfathers favorite friend. Silver has won case after case for the familly and is the target of the polices frustrations. His greatest moment was succesfully defending the Don and his inner ring from defectors who sold the familly out for money. The public attorney later accused the judge of naivety after the case and silver has been offered jobs in law schools around the country. He boasts about it regularly much to the dismay of the last Don.

Now while their is cunning in your family brute force is applied by it also. The one who organized the hoods is none other than chief enforcer Bray "Barber" Bouchet. Barber has a knack for pushing hard against anyone who pushes against the family..sometimes too hard. He was almost liquidated for ordering a 10 man assassination team to kill rival Don Gerald "Fitz" Gambino last year. The act was so horrid that even the President called it "Horrifying" and pledged to do more to stop the violence.

Finally there are the Capos who you can best describe "Friends" of the family business rather than the old seargents we actually ordered around back in the day. They go by the name Jerry "Steel" Baden, Quagmire "Quickfire" Mcdonald, and Ralph "Four Finger" Borgett. While most members of your mafia are Irish you note that other nationalities are present and will always be present. All three are called the "Iron Triangle" because of the close relationship they all share and for non ending support of the familly during its harder times.

Snake is the first one "Welcome back brother, but right now the training wheels come off. Police captain and noted greedy pig Juddy Price has been seen meeting with the underboss Gessipo. For those of you who don't know Gessipo has been hiding since last years hit on his boss Gambino and he may be trying to rebuild by paying off Price.

Furthermore, Theirs a rumor that the Joker gang is coming back to town to challenge us again. They've been seen setting up a booze operation in the woods. It could be small stuff and then they'll leave or it could snow ball. What do you think should be done Don?
"

What do you do?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 05:47:39 pm »

"The Jokers are in the woods, not the city, so brutality against their operation is unlikely to get the public riled up. That makes them the perfect target to help us send a message that our turf is not to be infringed upon. I will take some men and scout out their site personally. Once we know what we are dealing with, Barber and I shall discuss the logistics of their demolition."

Give Snake a look, "Brother, I want you on Gessipo. Figure out exactly what he is up to, and what we can do to hurt him if he causes trouble. It doesn't sound like we have enough information to act against the underboss without painting in broad strokes and raising major hell."

Then pause, and ask if anybody else has any business. If nobody does, gather up a small group of men, and make preparations to tactfully sweep the forest for the Jokers.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 05:51:56 pm »

"The Jokers are in the woods, not the city, so brutality against their operation is unlikely to get the public riled up. That makes them the perfect target to help us send a message that our turf is not to be infringed upon. I will take some men and scout out their site personally. Once we know what we are dealing with, Barber and I shall discuss the logistics of their demolition."

Give Snake a look, "Brother, I want you on Gessipo. Figure out exactly what he is up to, and what we can do to hurt him if he causes trouble. It doesn't sound like we have enough information to act against the underboss without painting in broad strokes and raising major hell."

Then pause, and ask if anybody else has any business. If nobody does, gather up a small group of men, and make preparations to tactfully sweep the forest for the Jokers.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 06:49:50 pm »

(Also, I just noticed that we are Jacob and our brother is Jake. Daddy wasn't very creative in the name department I guess.)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 02:27:45 pm »

(Also, I just noticed that we are Jacob and our brother is Jake. Daddy wasn't very creative in the name department I guess.)

((Refrence to Jake the Snake Roberts. He was a WWE/WWF wrestler but yeah maybe that wasn't the best naming idea ever. Also since it's mothers day I'm going to be hanging out with my mom and won't be able to update. I'll see about tomorrow.))

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 07:39:59 pm »

Eyes all over the room flare up and look at you. You look at them confused at the well dressed men and ask about their perched eyes. Silver the families legal expert is the one to answer your query.

"Well you know boss, technically we have people for this. Even if all we have is Barber over here." he says with a hint of sarcasm.

Barber simply takes a drink on the other side of the table and flicks the bird at silvers direction.

"While it is far from anyone here to tell a Don how to do things in their office..it'd be prudent if you stayed here. If only to create deniability that it wasn't you rather than some hoods led by someone who happens to work for us.

It's one thing for soldiers to behind bars. It's another thing for YOU to go behind bars. At that point we'd have to give an arm and a leg to get you back. If we can that is and with the police creating that new task force the news is spraying about, it'd be better to be more careful.
"

You look at him intently and look over to your brother Snake and your Capos.

Just before you can make a decision though one of your Capos "Steel" speaks up. "Hold on. If the Don goes out and gets himself the street cred to show that he's not weak it could help us out in the future. Perception of new leaders tends to always be weaker than the last." he says with a smile and looking at you. Barber gets up and moves to the door saying that he'll get a posse started up tommorow. He'll be at Charlies cafe if the Don proceedes to "Start up a rep".

With that your family informs you of your current operations and you adjourn the meeting.

---------------------------------------------------

In a hallway at the Callaghan Compound...

Your brother snake tells you about the Capos and the families political issues that even you haven't heard of. The Capos are called "Bronze Age Gangsters" because of their old traditions of murder and torture for money. Steel and Barber are said to have been hitman who worked together for freeland before joining up with your Grandfathers organization, albeit it was just for "Money and Fun". Their both "Hyper active fighters" who your brother suspects to want to leave mountains for dead men in order to get to the top.

"Listen brother, I will never go against you but you have to trust me. Steel and Barber are going to put is an a bad light. Don'tcha think it'd be better to let our hired guns do the killing while you do the thinking?

I mean hell, we can just have a sitdown with whoever their boss is once I find out more about that cop thing. Don't put yourself in harms way for stupid 'who's got balls' bullshit. After some strong administrative decisions all leaders are respected, that's what history taught us..
" he goes on and on trying to dissuade you from your actions. It may however be in bad taste to back out now although no one will question you..yet.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:48:35 pm by 3man75 »