Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: (ISG) Forest of Fate  (Read 4166 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Forest of Fate
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 01:02:22 am »

I am Sun Wukong, Male. I want to look like a humanoid monkey. Where is my staff and cloud?

I need to know: do you read the webcomic Paranatural?
Yes. though Sun became interesting through a sci-fi book I recently read. Why?

With the big reveal of the Ed's spirit, someone commented that Muse resembled Sun Wukong. I thought that might have prompted your suggestion, but I guess not.

At any rate, you have excellent taste in webcomics.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 01:20:09 am »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 10:40:02 am »

With the big reveal of the Ed's spirit, someone commented that Muse resembled Sun Wukong. I thought that might have prompted your suggestion, but I guess not.

At any rate, you have excellent taste in webcomics.
Thank you. As do you.
I hadn't noticed the similarity, in  appearance or demeanor. perhaps it's because his personality seems so different from what I envision of Sun Wukong.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 11:22:26 am »

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 12:45:46 pm »

I am Sun Wukong, Male. I want to look like a humanoid monkey. Where is my staff and cloud?
+1
+1

+$.
+€

I see. I will call you Sun Wukong. In life, you were a martial artist. Perhaps it began as a hobby, but it took over your life. Through meditation, concentration, and practice every day, you reached the heights of skill and a greater understanding of the world. Inspired by the myth of the Monkey King, you set off as a young man for the continent of Asia - a Journey to the East, if you will. DO-HO-HO!

In Nepal, you found an old master and asked her to teach you her art. Though her bones were brittle and her muscles were weak, she took you under her wing, and you trained hard day and night. One day, as your master lie under a tree, waiting to die, she told you of Britasura, a great, evil spirit that plagued the land since its earliest days. As the barrier bound to her life faded, a darkness crept up on the dojo. You had sworn to protect it and its sacred artifacts, so you stood tall to face Britasura. The battle was spectacular, but in the end, you fell, and Britasura, in revenge for its banishment, claimed the place as its new home. Many warriors came to challenge the demon, but all fell. In the end, the dojo on the hill was deemed cursed, and all were warned not to approach it.

Hm? You want to return to your world to right this wrong?

DOOOO-HO-HO-HO-HO-HOOOO!

Child, this place is your new home! You cannot simply go back. Come with me now, Belenus wishes to see you.

Will you...

1) Follow Desmond grumbling?
2) Follow, but ask if he's suuuuure there's no way to get back?
3) Politely decline and set off on your own?
4) Rudely decline and set off on your own?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 12:52:41 pm »

.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 01:05:11 pm »

1) Follow Desmond grumbling?singing dirty limericks about Rabbit and Horse.
+1

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2015, 01:34:55 pm »

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 05:00:32 pm »

+1
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2015, 05:29:54 pm »

3) Politely decline and set off on your own. We're a highly-trained, disciplined martial artist. Rudeness doesn't seem like it'd fit.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 06:55:18 pm »

2) Follow, but ask if he's suuuuure there's no way to get back?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2015, 06:58:12 pm »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2015, 09:58:03 pm »

+1
1) Follow Desmond grumbling?singing dirty limericks about Rabbit and Horse.
+1

As Desmond fades into the blinding light behind him, you feel yourself being pulled forward into the glimmers with great speed. Within
moments, you find yourself in a grassy plain...

Desmond joins the party!

: "Very good. This area, Memory Meadow, will train you in the ways of this world. I, as your guide, will assist you in our walk to House Belenus. Provide me with your questions as we venture ahead, and don't forget to bold your actions."

: "Heyy, halt! This place doesn't look very afterlifey."

: "New additions enter here always. A soothing meadow calms all souls. Don't you agree?"

: "I guess I could get used to it. Now tell me everything. What is this? What is that?"

: "On the lower left is your compass. The top part always points in your current direction."

: "The afterlife has magnetic poles?"

: "Shush, child! On the left and right of the screen are our party symbols. We do not need any more information for now, so they will suffice. The top bar is Health, and the bottom bar is Nwyf. Watch your resources carefully."

: "I was hoping for some kind of cloud so I could just fly over the insurmountable, two-dimensional bushes flanking us."

: "Good perception. These abstract representations of our path need not be rendered in great detail. Once we find a map for this area, navigation will be easier, but for now, we must trust our senses."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:21:36 pm by freeformschooler »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2015, 10:10:42 pm »

Go forward.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile