Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like the story dead line to be changed?

No, the end of every saturday is fine
Yeah, more often in the week so i dont have to wait so long

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vektam dwarves, RP  (Read 4936 times)

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
  • Roll the dice, the RNG god is my friend.
    • View Profile
Vektam dwarves, RP
« on: May 08, 2015, 09:39:07 am »

ATTENTION!!!  :D

The expedition has been filled and all roles are taken!
The game has officially started and your journey has begun.
The main description will have the introduction and story posted next time you check the RP.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
please enjoy and start the game when you can.
A game day has past and the wagon has arrived at Vektam.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONGRATULATIONS, THE GAME HAS STARTED ALL SLOTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Roles that have been taken are:
Farmer: Eritzap \AKA/ Edëm Zuntîrurdim
Expedition leader: 95noodles \AKA/ Noodle
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Justificator: Paulus Fahlstrom
Miner 1: Pencil_Art \AKA/ Bomrek
Stone-worker: Sentient Bowtie \AKA/  Siboten
Miner 2: Urist Arrhenius
Wood-cutter: neblime
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
From the poll and from talking to two of our more active dwarves it seems that while most of you understand the game there are still some questions. mainly about how the game-play will work and how it will be progressed.

To be more clear i'll explain how i'm planning on dealing with the game:

The decisions will be made by the dwarves (players) on how to go along with the fortress of Vektam, this includes jobs, trading, building, etc...

I will act as the narrator and the environment, very rarely making decisions for the fortress (only when necessary)

For group decisions i will put up polls with the current decisions (for example: your first order of business now that you are settled: 1. build a bridge 2. make the workshops 3. start collecting resources) the option with the most votes after a while will be selected

For story advancement i will reply to comments from the dwarves (example: Urist writes: 'I decide to go collect the -alpaca wool sock- across the river' And i reply with: 'you collect the -alpaca wool sock- and then spot a kobold thief also collecting an assortment of -alpaca wool garments- in the distance' he has not spotted you what would you like to do?)

For announcements (like this one) i will put up information on the main description (here  :D) and this is where events will be announced (example: the previous poll had a majority vote for '3. start collecting resources' so all dwarves have been ordered to do collection related jobs they are allowed to do if capable) (example 2: immigrants will arrive in 1 (game) month 4 slots are open for new players)

I will also try to use pictures (and videos if i ever get far enough with this) in order to try and help with the game, since we all know text based games aren't the prettiest after all.

One game turn is one post
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It is the 6th of Granite

I have decided to have turns end after every Saturday or when we have 7 replies
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:37:05 am by Tablen Arue »
You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Vektam dwarves, RP
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 11:21:03 am »

This sounds interesting.

I'd like to take the Farmer.

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 12:15:54 pm »

I too am interested in such an idea, add me as the elegant expedition leader

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 12:23:39 pm »

This sounds interesting.

I'd like to take the Farmer.
You are the farmer of the party. You are tasked with feeding the fortress, in addition to planting and collecting crops you are tasked with processing plants, making boos, and making sure the food and drink rations never fall low.
You were first from your expedition to reach the landing area of Vektam. Vektam is a mountain side forested area with average savagery (a typical dwarven landing area) it has a great river going down the main area of it, leading right into the mountain itself! The land looks promising for farm land.
Since you ran in front of the party, you only have your farm items, 15 plump helmet seeds, a legendary hoe that is passed down through your family line (all farmers but your brother whom works as a mechanic), and a set of leather armor which was issued to all of your expedition from your home fortress the great Drakecall.

It looks like the river that leads into the mountain has a nature made hollowed out area, a perfect place to start your fortress and start farming!

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 02:04:32 pm »

I too am interested in such an idea, add me as the elegant expedition leader
You are the expedition leader, Noodle. It is your job to keep your fortress afloat, do odd jobs, make sure your dwarves are happy, and act as the leader of the fortress for the time being. You are the trader as well and other dwarves look up to you for guidance in time of peril.
You followed Eritzap, your farmer to Vektam after he separated from the group. you wield a short sword lent to you by your Justificator in order to keep Eritzap and yourself safe.
The rest of the expedition is under lead of the Justificator, whom you entrusted to keep them safe while on their journey here.

He appears safe when you reach him and is currently farming in a natural cave next to a river that leads into Vektam's mountains.
What would you like to do?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:06:20 pm by Tablen Arue »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 02:08:09 pm »

I'll take the Justificator.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 03:34:34 pm »

I'll take the Justificator.
You are the Justificator, Paulus Fahlstrom. It is your duty to protect the fortress and its inhabitants. You also occasionally do odd jobs and serve as a secondary leader when Noodle is not around, the dwarves look up to you.
You are currently traveling with the wagon which is missing the farmer, Eritzap and the expedition leader, Noodle. Noodle left to keep an eye on Eritzap so you lent him your secondary weapon, a short sword. you wield your personal war hammer Dawn Breaker forged by the best metal-smith in Drakecall. It was made to guarantee your expeditions safety and is forged from a mysterious metal found deep under Drakecall.

It will be a day (in game) before you reach Vektam.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:36:51 pm by Tablen Arue »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 09:42:08 pm »

I'll take a miner.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 09:58:14 pm »

Stoneworker, please.
Black lives matter.

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 10:30:46 pm »

I'll take a miner.
You are one of Vektam's two miners, Art. It is your job to carve the future of the fortress through the ground itself! Miners are crucial to every dwarven fortress and mining is praised as one of the most glorious of dwarven jobs.
You are currently on the expedition wagon, heading for Vektam. It hadn't been even 3 months that you had joined Drakecall before you were put on this expedition, which you think is a good thing since you were probably going to end up just being another disposable hauler, they had all their miners already after all.

You have been spending most of your days laying in the wagon, saving your energy for the hard work ahead when you start your Masterpiece Vektam.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 10:39:28 pm »

I'll take the last miner.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 10:59:42 pm »

Stoneworker, please.
You are the Stone-worker. A great and proud profession which takes two of the greatest dwarven activities and combines them, Mining and Crafting. It is your job to make not only sell-able goods and trades, but also the pieces of the fortress carves straight out of the fortress itself!
You had lived in Drakecall for most of your life as a miners son, so you know your way around rocks, in addition to your fabulous crafting skills you also have the Appraiser skill.
You have one possession on you of great importance, a masterwork ☼Obsidian Figurine☼
For now you are on the expedition wagon heading for Vektam, taking a nice nap day-dreaming of the wonderful crafts to be made.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:03:43 pm by Tablen Arue »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 11:09:39 pm »

(Should have put in a name... Whoops. :P
How about Siboten? nice)

Sleep! And snore. Loud.
Black lives matter.

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 11:19:56 pm »

I'll take the last miner.
You are one of Vektam's two miners, Urist. It is your job to carve the future of the fortress through the ground itself! Miners are crucial to every dwarven fortress and mining is praised as one of the most glorious of dwarven jobs.
You are currently on the expedition wagon, heading for Vektam. You were one of Drakecall's miners, this is the first time you have ever left the fortress and its quite exciting. You also have some experience with metal-smithing and are quite natural at it because of your years in the mines, you even crafted your own Iron Helmet which you wear everywhere.

You are currently walking next to the expedition wagon after a long nap. Your destination is a day away, Vektam.

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:47:16 am by Tablen Arue »
Pages: [1] 2 3