Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten Beast got Lost  (Read 583 times)

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten Beast got Lost
« on: May 08, 2015, 09:37:17 am »

It was a flying kite with webs, yadda yadda.

The caverns are vast and partly unexplored, and after heading directly to my fort for a while it went into parts unknown and was lost sight of.  It's been missing for seasons now.  Shouldn't it path to dwarves?  Should I make it a statue garden to play in?  I already have all my weavers gathering webs, but the caverns are incredibly tall and mostly inaccessible.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beast got Lost
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 10:47:39 am »

Well, it probably attacked something too powerful for it. It happens from time to time that FBs get themselves killed without the help of your dorfs, especially if their made of flimsy material such as steam, fire, or vomit. But even "normal" flesh based FBs tend to get worn down by slaughtering hordes of critters.
On indication of FBs losing is that you see a "normal" cavern critter with a name, which means it has killed something that had a name.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 10:52:49 am »

The first thing I found in the caves was a giant cave spider.  A giant cave spider mangled corpse.  So yeah, there could be something else dangerous in there.  It's shown no interest in my dwarves yet, whatever it is.  The FB didn't look particularly flimsy, but it didn't look super tough either.  It was just a weird animal.

Then again animals come and go, and the caves are still largely unexplored and inaccessible.  Time to continue the grand staircase perhaps.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:54:45 am by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Tablen Arue

• Bay Watcher
  • Roll the dice, the RNG god is my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 11:48:57 am »

The first thing I found in the caves was a giant cave spider.  A giant cave spider mangled corpse.  So yeah, there could be something else dangerous in there.  It's shown no interest in my dwarves yet, whatever it is.  The FB didn't look particularly flimsy, but it didn't look super tough either.  It was just a weird animal.

Then again animals come and go, and the caves are still largely unexplored and inaccessible.  Time to continue the grand staircase perhaps.

The best DF stories are usually started by ignoring/forgetting about something dangerous appearing/disappearing XD continue onward!!!
You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain