Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]  (Read 9879 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2015, 06:08:26 pm »

Larek looks at his two remaining companions: a suit of armor and some poor, dying soul.
"Pardon me if I sound too selfish as I say this, but would it bother either of you if I were to have the larger house? I could use the extra space in it for my forging and storage, and it would be easier to mover around on, I believe."
Black lives matter.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2015, 12:45:35 am »

"Doesn't mind me, a husk of armor who needs no luxuries."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2015, 01:47:07 am »

"Should you have living bodies that do not require their natural minds, I would take those. Otherwise I do not require shelter."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2015, 06:52:42 am »

"Plants living in the plants?! How will we tell you apart from your neighbors? Nevermind, no matter. You smell off. Of course you can have a grove, provided you keep bathing to a minimum."

Not intent to deny the shaman his strange request, the bloodvine put forth her best smiling expression. The fact that this sight was a dubious one at best, probably lost on her.
"We are in agreement then - I only have need for a wash after a successful hunt, lest the smell of blood sticks around me." Drawing her face a bit closer to the kobold, she continued in a lighter intonation, as if divulging a secret. "Gives one away to animals and those with keen noses, you see?"

"As for confusing me with the local plantlife, I will either find some way to mark my domain as such, or word will get out amongst your kobolds. One way or the other, I am sure it won't develop into a problem."

Incidentally, she herself was somehow very sure of it.

"Should you have living bodies that do not require their natural minds, I would take those. Otherwise I do not require shelter."

Perking up at the nodeworms words, Thornwhip quickly shuffled to his side.
"I thought travelling here took its toll on your host, but if you already look for a new one, maybe it is worse of than I thought?"

The plant-creature showed her true grin, a savage one, to the speaker.
"How about this; I get to devour your current host after you have left it, and in return I will help you finding a new one. While I can't promise anything, a savage beast from the forest might suit you just fine, no?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2015, 07:05:26 am »

"Great, great.
Shaman, I would like to see this larger house you speak of."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:39:55 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2015, 07:57:00 am »

The area under the slab shall then be my home. Make it so!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2015, 08:49:15 am »

"Current Host was dying prior to departure. Worms bursting stomach before we left. Will expire within next week."

"A beast or even a squirrel or bird would do should no sapient be found. Although sapient minds have knowledge."

"You may eat the Host upon my vacating. Wait a day for brood to disperse or die before consumption, Nodes go Feral should controller be lacking. You are unsuitable as Host, however that will not prevent Ferals from burrowing out of you should you feast before they cease life."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2015, 08:31:07 pm »

((Boop?))
Black lives matter.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2015, 08:32:55 pm »

((Boop?))
((Large update incoming, everyone will get to see their new homes in detail.))
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2015, 08:38:30 pm »

((Oh, got it.))
Black lives matter.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2015, 11:12:57 pm »

Homecoming

The shaman seemed excited to have sorted out his new visitors, and began to leap around as he spoke.
   "We are settled then! The plant to the plants, the orc to the dome, the armor can have a small house if it pleases, the undead to the sadist's side, and that other thing to whatever it does! You shall love it here; the forest is friendly excepting those times when it isn’t, just as the elves keep to themselves except for when they don’t! They keep better to themselves when kobolds are quiet, and you will be too. There will be a gathering at the setting of the sun on the sixth day, and the night before the bright god’s face will be hidden, though order will be kept… I hope to not miss you then or before, and discussion will include the noisy stinky turkey, a counting of the kobolds, and possibly a stew!”
   With that each of the new residents was led off to their new homes, more or less.

Larek
   After the shaman’s… speech, a kobold brings you to the large domed building. Or at least it’s large compared to the surrounding buildings. You have to bend your head slightly in order to get through the doors. On the inside you find that the advertised three rooms actually consisted of one circular antechamber, 20 paces around, and three “rooms” off of it. It seems that this was likely once a temple or shrine of some sort, and of the adjacent rooms only one was intended to lived in. It has a nice space for a bed, though no such furnishings yet. The second room actually is a kind of arc around the central room, and there is little space in it for any furniture. Perhaps it housed a choir? Finally, there is a very small room that was almost certainly either a personal shrine or a closet, because it would be valuable for little other than storing things.

Hadrius
   Uncertain of what to do with you, a kobold leads you to a small house. The roof is mostly caved in, and there’s barely enough space for you to lay your massive form on the floor. The kobold even looks a little embarrassed for showing such a large being to such a small structure. Nearby you notice a number of other such structures which have collapsed beyond being usable, but still have some slabs of stone intact. The kobold gives you a shrug and says “If you like” before hurrying off without waiting for a response.

a dying host
   Clearly afraid of you, three kobolds lead you off to a dilapidated house. In fact, what once had four walls now has two which have fallen together and support each other. A rock tent. That’s what the kobolds have for you. It’d be dryish. But you don’t really need a rock tent, you need a host. And, vaguely aware of this fact, the kobolds have disappeared before you can intentionally misinterpret the offer to take up residence here.

Shwarak
   A number of vines and other plants had thought that space was there home, and your first step to making it yours was to set them straight. Your teeth make quick work of everything growing under your rock, and suddenly the area felt quite spacious. You are quite convinced that nothing would attempt to take your home, because you are more powerful than anything small enough to desire it, but just to make sure nobody mistakes it for an available location you leave scent markings around the outside, your doorstep as it were. It was definitively yours.

Thornwhip
   One kobold volunteers as knowing a good place for you to make your shelter. With his help you find a space that is not so different from the one the shaman had used for speaking to you all. There is a rough stone floor in a circle, and this time it is genuinely around a well.  But these stones are covered in vines and this well is only barely visible beneath them. Large thrown bushes surround the area, there appear to be three pathways in and out, though only one leads back into the ruins. It seems likely this well is on the outer edge of the area claimed by the kobolds.

Alicia
   The shaman drops his manic dance just as you are leaving, and gives you a slightly hostile glare. Perhaps he is more lucid than he seems, but regardless he does not appear to be pleased with your decision. As you watch he goes back to dancing, croaking and screeching at the kobolds around him.
   The tower takes no effort to find, and the Sadist is likewise visible inside of it. He is wearing a bloodied apron, and on the table in front of him is a form of the same shape and size as a kobold, but it’s difficult to identify creatures missing their skins. He turns to you and looks you over for a moment before speaking.
   ”Bring me something living, minimally traumatized. Doesn’t matter what, though we can only take so many kobolds in such a short period of time. We can talk afterwards.”

Now that you have all seen the houses available to you, you can take any minor actions/carry on conversations, before you take the next day’s actions. It is currently sunrise on the 2nd day of Brauph.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2015, 11:18:19 pm »

"Hmm... There is less space than I would have preferred... but it should do for now. Perhaps I could have my forge on the outside instead..."
Musing to himself, Larek deposits his knapsack, pickax and tools in the closet area and inspects the outside of the dome.
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2015, 11:27:15 pm »

A new Host is required.

The Body sits. White Worms of the brood begin crawling their way from the body through splits and wounds in the skin. Spreading out to seek potential bodies. The Hosted Mind thinks at them, using them as relays to detect minds near them. All nonsapient animals are to be infested. Living Sapients are to be observed. Red Nodes are to stay within the Host until multiple bodies are located.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2015, 11:49:28 pm »

"Immediately Lord.  Are you in need of anything else?"
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2015, 11:56:31 pm »

Hadrian deposits his valuables (his pouch with a few gold pieces inside) inside his new home. He attempts to lift the rubble outside.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10