Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate. Rebooting a Pair of Boots and a Parrot. (Players wanted~)  (Read 60446 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GUYS! We need to pull our money together so we can buy a mini evangelion mech! And a weapon for it! I can't assimilate the mech, but I can assimilate the weapon the mech holds!
Oooh! Oooh! I'll take the mech itself!
Considering our relative poverty, we probably wouldn't be able to afford one that has a very good AI, and thus won't have the memory required to hold you.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

GUYS! We need to pull our money together so we can buy a mini evangelion mech! And a weapon for it! I can't assimilate the mech, but I can assimilate the weapon the mech holds!
Considering our relative poverty, we probably wouldn't be able to afford one that has a very good AI, and thus won't have the memory required to hold you.
We're pirates.
Clearly the obvious solution is to stage a suicide mission to steal one.
Take a closer look at this text!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Whatever your plan is, I can take the form of a mecha so it looks like we have two!

EDIT: That said, if he can fit on a thumb drive I think he can fit on a mecha.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:42:10 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Minor modification to Rook: the parrying penalty in the PowerBands makes no sense. It's literally just throwing a 'gloved' hand in front of the weapon/projectile and maybe giving it a push; a -3 is simply too much for such a simple action. How about no penalty for unarmed attacks and heavy melee weapons, -1 for light melee and large and/or slow projectiles (say, cannonball or larger), and -2 for fast xor small projectiles? (Fast and small projectiles at a worse penalty decided situationally.) Additionally, would the parrying gain the bonus from Pacifistic combat style, as it is techniclly a technique of unarmed combat?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whatever your plan is, I can take the form of a mecha so it looks like we have two!
Don't you require all your nanites to look like you have a solid human body? Would you have enough for an entire mecha?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't you require all your nanites to look like you have a solid human body? Would you have enough for an entire mecha?

Kevak approved of Nivian being able to create an entire room of human doppelgangers. While they're basically intangible and unable to fight or carry objects, they look lifelike and can talk. Considering that Nivian doesn't need to simulate the insides of the mecha, she could probably just spread her nanites out over the surface area of the mecha, or at least the front (to make it look like a real mecha from a distance). It's all just an illusion, so I don't see how that's overpowered from a gameplay standpoint.

I plan to try and upgrade my total nanite capacity over time, since my character design doesn't lend itself well to gear-based progression.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wasn't saying it was OP, I just wanted to know how it works. It's pretty cool. How does Excalibur get charged, by the way? Do you soak it in electricity or put alot of nanites in it or what?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: Bugged out

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wasn't saying it was OP, I just wanted to know how it works. It's pretty cool. How does Excalibur get charged, by the way? Do you soak it in electricity or put alot of nanites in it or what?

Well, I'm not sure to what extent I have control over the rules and mechanics. My intent was that excalibur is only really good for a couple of highly lethal attacks (only expending energy if they connect) before needing to be recharged. The gameplay then revolves around Nivian finding sources of energy, such as reactors or power conduits, and breaking into them to recharge. She's not good for slaughtering masses of troops, but is capable of taking out a high-priority target or two. My main goals are manipulation and support, rather than combat.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Tbh, H probably works better in an antagonist role, causing trouble several times then getting in a climactic, bloody fistfight that ends in a Rasputinian death.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

And then has tHeir body parts launched at people.
Black lives matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just read your character sheet and I have to ask something regarding your backstory. It says that you've killed several combat augs....is that referring to human augs or KX9 augs?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Tbh, H probably works better in an antagonist role, causing trouble several times then getting in a climactic, bloody fistfight that ends in a Rasputinian death.
Roll to Space Pirate. We're villain protagonists, or anti-heroes at best.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"*sigh* Fine, we'll save the universe or whatever..."
"Yay!"
"BUT - only for one quadrillion credits to the power of seven. Thousand."
Black lives matter.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roll to Space Pirate. We're villain protagonists, or anti-heroes at best.

I'd like to think of my character as having a noble cause, but she runs into conflict with other people's utopian ideals. Pirates are the only ones who can tolerate her, so naturally she travels with them.

She's also not perfectly sane, but that's true for most characters we have.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:35:15 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37