Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate. Rebooting a Pair of Boots and a Parrot. (Players wanted~)  (Read 60272 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*rips out spine with +8 Strength and beats you to death with +8 Spine Mastery*

EDIT: Now that I think about it, +8 Weapon Mastery seems a bit weak. Any chance I can buff it up to +/-12?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:39:29 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

On a d13?!

Actually, this is a perfect opportunity for some fluff.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:47:26 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'd like my skill with weapons to be better than the power my weapons have, though not by too much.

I like Pippy now.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Oh, and wouldn't +/-12 guarantee a critsuccess?

blazing glory

Yeah, I'd like my skill with weapons to be better than the power my weapons have, though not by too much.

I like Pippy now.
I doubt it'd be really relevant when you're rolling 7's for all the rolls you get.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Oh, and wouldn't +/-12 guarantee a critsuccess?
Even +6/-6 would, assuming full bonus need not be used. Asking for more is preeeeeeetty ridiculous.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:02:18 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Swat fly.

CRITICAL SUCCESS
The fly is swatted and the corpse goes flying, shooting through 3 civilians, a reinforced wall, and the gravity generator.
There's no gravity now.

You've gained: Weapon Mastery: Fly Swatter.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:06:35 am by Happy Demon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It only works on things I can identify as a weapon. If you had a normal spine, my augment wouldn't affect it.
But since it's metal, my guy sees it as a sharp metal stick with sharp metal spikes sticking out of it.

Still lol'd.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Well, I hope he doesn't watch a Jackie Chan movie, he might go on a ladder massacre then.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A ladder could definitely be used as a weapon. Basically, you'll want my guy doing exactly one thing while you guys do the rest.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Could throwing be considered a weapon?
If we meet a planetworm in space, Pippy needs to make a bigger cut, and momentum would help greatly.
Pippy can't lube herself when she's wearing a space suit, and said space suit would make it even more difficult to get in, due to bulkiness.

blazing glory

It only works on things I can identify as a weapon. If you had a normal spine, my augment wouldn't affect it.
But since it's metal, my guy sees it as a sharp metal stick with sharp metal spikes sticking out of it.
But still, with any weapon he'd simply wipe the floor with everyone.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

But he'd also do an insane amount of damage to the ship, if he gets critical successes all the time.
Basically, don't let people board!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could throwing be considered a weapon?
I thought about this for some time deciding whether or not it would work. In the end, I looked back for guidance to what I originally wanted my character to be able to do. I also noticed that I wrote the effect "quickly" wore off once the weapon was out of my possession - so not exactly instantly. The short answer is yes, it can. The long answer is that while thrown weapons are affected the same as bows+arrows/guns+bullets are, they just don't work very well at long-range, though that's always been the case for thrown weapons.
The "seen as weapon" rule still applies, though. I can throw a kitchen knife and I'd get a bonus but I wouldn't if I threw a boot.

I'll only say that I can easily be killed.

But he'd also do an insane amount of damage to the ship, if he gets critical successes all the time.
Basically, don't let people board!
Critical success does not mean overshoot. A 1 would be a critical failure, a 7 would be a critical success (perfectly good, no bad things), and a 13 would be a critical overshoot. Since I'm using +/- rather than +, there won't be any critical overshooting.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:32:42 am by Andres »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

What's the point of armor if you kill everyone before they can hurt you?

Just stick with +/-4, the way I see it, it's already ridiculously powerful.

I see the bonuses as follow:
+/-1 = Good.
+/-2 = Great.
+/-3 = It's your job and you had a good teacher.
+/-4 = You're pretty much the best in local space at this.
+/-5 = You're the Bruce Lee of this skill, nobody will ever surpass you in this area, now or ever.

You'd have to do some sort of tradeoff if you want to go +/-5, like a crippling weakness, like kryptonite or something.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37