Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate. Rebooting a Pair of Boots and a Parrot. (Players wanted~)  (Read 60418 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

it is their lives/individuality not mine so I probably wouldn't care.
It is any of your business when they're planning to make the Emperor, well, an emperor. For all of humanity. Removing democracy like this most likely has unforeseen consequences everywhere, including your hypothetical life in this society.
Lenglon would oppose such a thing.
Kit wouldn't understand without assistance, and the details of how it was explained would be critical to what she thinks of it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

It is any of your business when they're planning to make the Emperor, well, an emperor. For all of humanity. Removing democracy like this most likely has unforeseen consequences everywhere, including your hypothetical life in this society.
Well if the being they create through combining plans to take over the human species then yeah I would oppose the creation of the being as it affects me. On the other hand if the being doesn't wants to take over the human species and won't really affect me then as I stated I wouldn't care.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Well if the being they create through combining plans to take over the human species then yeah I would oppose the creation of the being as it affects me. On the other hand if the being doesn't wants to take over the human species and won't really affect me then as I stated I wouldn't care.
yes, but the price of tea in china affects the import/export ratios, not just of china, but of your home country as well. and with those changing ratios comes changes in your govenment's financial income and structure, and with changes in your government's financial income and structure comes changes in TAXES.

so obviously, you need to sieze control of china's tea prices and overall marketplace, to avoid being charged higher taxes.

best plan.

edit: to make a little more sense of where the above comment came from:
the metric of "does/does not affect me" is a very poor one, and events that you have no business worrying about often will indirectly affect you, sometimes a lot, sometimes only a little. see: butterfly effect
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:26:21 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

I'm not. I'm saying that if overwriting someone's culture is harmful, then it doesn't matter if you do it forcibly or peacefully. You have to take into account the consequences of your actions.

Since the KX9 are amoral bastards it makes sense they'd try to justify it.
What makes it harmful or not?

Well that's the question. I would say that since KX9 culture is highly collective while human culture isn't, there are likely to be conflicts in any mixed society (and integration doesn't seem possible due to the difference between the races). It would be best if human worlds stayed human and KX9 worlds stayed KX9. Humans shouldn't emigrate to KX9 worlds in large numbers and neither should KX9 emigrate to human worlds in large numbers.

It's probably not the duty of any particular KX9 government to restrict emigration, but in general people need to be aware of the communities they are creating by moving.

Democracy is not inherently good, and dictatorship is not inherently evil, although democracy tends to better safeguard people's rights overall.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Drawing another parallel with the whole missionary culture thing, I'd imagine their culture would inadvertently make it difficult for converts to keep ties with their friends who refuse conversion.

I wonder whether the KX9 would let someone leave, if they wanted to.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Day, were he able to join the Emperor, would outright refuse given his obsession with being unique and the original. He would also likely oppose the formation of it, since the KX9 seem like they would be somewhat more tolerant of the virus than humans post-Emprah.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: BTW, 'Emperor' is just a working title. It doesn't necessarily mean that the new man will be the head of an empire.
Again, empire might not be the most efficient way to ensure the survival and prospering of humanity. Simply creating new technologies, crafting and enforcing peace, and researching psychic powers themselves (considering he'd have them in abundance) would probably help humanity a lot more than empire.

Aside from all the moral implications you're blatantly ignoring.

Why try to defeat them? it's not like the biggies are Trying to stop humanity from growing. Humanity simply is advancing slower then them. If humanity got its act together, it probably could at the very least, not fall further behind.
Except it never will, if the past few millenia are anything to go by. Besides, getting humanity to act "together" means getting to work together, something that many systems won't do with each-other.

Since the KX9 are amoral bastards it makes sense they'd try to justify it.
This is inaccurate. The KX9 are amoral bastards and so wouldn't even bother trying to justify it. Even if the KX9 didn't exist, there's still the Kirvek which are actual borg assimilators who assimilate people without their permission, plus there's the megacorp spider death machines known as the Talshik.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:40:39 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

I like how this turned into a debate about why making a god emperor of mankind may or may not be moral. If it was me then I wouldn't give up my individuality but I suppose if they wanted to combine into one being then it is their lives/individuality not mine so I probably wouldn't care.
Actually, I think the whole reason we're going on these tangents is because we're waiting for the game to start. The longer the wait, the more Emprah's Spess Mehreen Fureh, we get.
That and who knows, maybe it'll go Lovecraftian. Wouldn't be surprised really.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like how this turned into a debate about why making a god emperor of mankind may or may not be moral. If it was me then I wouldn't give up my individuality but I suppose if they wanted to combine into one being then it is their lives/individuality not mine so I probably wouldn't care.
Actually, I think the whole reason we're going on these tangents is because we're waiting for the game to start. The longer the wait, the more Emprah's Spess Mehreen Fureh, we get.
If it's anything like Metamoran/Namekian/Potara fusion, there shouldn't be any problem whatsoever.
Taking a step down from that, if it works by taking the most dominant traits in the mixture and using the rest as raw power, then we'll be left with an ultra-powerful human, but still just a human.
If it lumps everything together and keeps everything, we might get an Eldritch Abomination but there would still be some traits more present than others (the desire for the prospering of humanity in a way acceptable to said humans) so it's all good.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:08:48 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile

Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

First update is being written up. Anyone who does not have their character in the second OP post needs to confirm that the character is the final version. They will be added to the update.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37