Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate. Rebooting a Pair of Boots and a Parrot. (Players wanted~)  (Read 60233 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The point of the armour is explained in the backstory.

Trust me, my guy's got weaknesses. They're not mentioned in the sheet but they're there.

EDIT: Also, like I said, my guy can be killed easily, which means he can be hurt easily.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:46:23 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

blazing glory

I'm still not too keen on the fact that the guy can instantly murder anyone he attacks with his bonuses.

Even if he would die the following turn due to the rest of the guys shooting him.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Why not just make him weak to slime?
The stickiness and slipperiness makes Knight's body weaken to the point of subhuman strength.
So if Pippy hugs him, he'll lose his strength. And Knight doesn't even know he's weak to it.
Basically, the system gets clogged up, and hasn't been beta tested for slime interaction.
Then again, it's just a suggestion, it's just that having a weakness to something common or silly would be fun.

Maybe he is weak to cuteness, and is incapable of accessing his combat abilities if close to something disgustingly adorable.
Unless it's defending said adorable thing.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happy Demon, he already has weaknesses. I didn't list them in the character sheet because:
1. Mystery
2. He's literally incapable of communicating said weaknesses...or much of anything at all
3. There wasn't a specific section that said to list weaknesses

EDIT: I might not've been clear, but Kevak is aware of Knight's weaknesses.

EDIT2: I might not've been clear again, but Knight's "weaknesses" aren't just areas he's not super-good at - they're actual weaknesses.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:00:32 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Theories on weaknesses:
  • Electromagnetic pulses. Surge protectors or not, the power armour stops working properly for a long while, and you'll be facing a highly skilled but barely mobile opponent.
  • Fake weapons. Give him a cap gun and have him assimilate it. Enjoy getting a few free hits in. As the psionites also rewire his rain, further !!FUN!! might happen.
  • Explosive collar. The KX9 who gave him his powers almost certainly have a contingency plan in case he turns on them.
  • Sneak attacks. The armour reduces his peripheral vision.
  • Chess puns. "And that was how Rook captured Knight."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Anyway, guess it's time for some technical specifications.
Spoiler: Slime Mechanical Legs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:06:41 am by Happy Demon »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

It's always good to know when someone is trying to input into your port.
Black lives matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

• Electromagnetic pulses. Surge protectors or not, the power armour stops working properly for a long while, and you'll be facing a highly skilled but barely mobile opponent.
I won't comment on whether that's a weakness of the armour (let's just say you guys recognise it as a brand) because it might have secret augmentations of its own, but that's not really one of "Knight's" weaknesses.

• Fake weapons. Give him a cap gun and have him assimilate it. Enjoy getting a few free hits in. As the psionites also rewire his rain, further !!FUN!! might happen.
Either the gas will turn to plasma and give me a decent plasma gun or (what'll actually happen) it won't assimilate in the first place. Also, read the updated character sheet. The one on the OP is basically the one I made before I started talking to Kevak on Steam with a minor change in the backstory. I stuffed up in editing the character sheet when I told him it was "ready" to be put on the OP. Psionites don't exist.

• Explosive collar. The KX9 who gave him his powers almost certainly have a contingency plan in case he turns on them.
I didn't notice this until now but the reference to KX9 has been removed. Not really because they weren't part of the experiment but because you guys have no way of knowing about it. I won't comment on the explosive collar bit.

• Sneak attacks. The armour reduces his peripheral vision.
Reflexes +4

• Chess puns. "And that was how Rook captured Knight."
*facepalm* A for effort.

Anyway, guess it's time for some technical specifications.
Spoiler: Slime Mechanical Legs (click to show/hide)
Damn it, HD! First you have to shove your penis sun in our face and now this? Have you no shame? /joketone

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Hey, I give fluff, naughty fluff is fluff, so I give that too.

Besides, I'm not the craziest here, that award goes to Kevak (Steam chat gets quite weird).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:26:28 am by Happy Demon »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I concur.
Black lives matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to play as someone's dog?

Wait, if planetworms exist, then how come space dragons can't?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Who says they don't?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well...
Black lives matter.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Well...
*is playing as a litter of kittens*
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37