Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Born Like This: Heretic SG  (Read 4906 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Born Like This: Heretic SG
« on: May 06, 2015, 08:30:35 pm »

"You have disgraced this kingdom for the last time! You are here by branded heretic!". Red hot chains collapse and enblaze the symbol of heretics onto your arms,"To repay your acts against our laws you must service our lords in defeating the demons of the lands. Your hands will be our weapon and your body our vessel. You shall complete these tasks to your end to repair what you have broken in our world.". A set of armor clasps to your skin encasing your body and cauterizing itself onto your flesh."This is your new body. You will not walk a day without burning and you will not sleep a night without discomfort. The blazing armor will protect you from the demons and punish you for your sins". Your now metal plates hands are forced open, a blazing baton is placed in each of your none armored palms blazing the symbols of the heretics onto your hands and encoding the batons to you."These are your weapons. A sword and shield, a spear and knife, a buckler and bow, a cutlass and javelin. They will do as you wish and they will be your means of killing the foul demons.". You look up from the stand of torment to see a helm, the inside made of burning coal, floating down on small wings. It begins to slide onto your head searing your flesh and hair. It sets on your head and you can feel the heretic's markings slowly burn across your face. In your immense pain you let out not a single scream of agony for you know this is what you deserve. You feel your wings change and your eyes begin to alter. "You shall be dropped from the heavens to the ground below. A spec of dust in an evil world. You have been disowned by the angels and cast out of your kingdom. Serve the world and repay what you have done".
The chains unlatch revealing your arms covered in flaming plate. Your legs are in a similar casing. You look back to see your once bright blue and gold wings are now an red and black flame and smoke in the form of your once graceful symbol of power. The judge pushes your chest and sends you falling to the planet below.

Upon crushing into the surface you are knocked out.
What feels like days or weeks later you awaken.
Naked.
In a field, next to a road, in a small crater.
Your whole body is in great amounts of pain.
What do you do?

((So I'm going to try to have two or three settings in this game, if you don't like it please tell me and I'll just keep it on one or two. Have fun :)

Stuff for me
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:39:07 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Born Like This: Heretic SG
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 08:49:50 pm »

Wait. So we're an angel. Who got cast out for being a douche.

And then they decided it would be a good idea to give us magic armor and weapons? Given the armor burns, but not really an issue. It'll fade to the background in time.

Who's running this popsicle stand?

Lets conquer a fucking kingdom.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 08:56:54 pm »

((You basicaly broke from what you were supposed to so (each angle given a specific task) so they took away your holy position, striped you of your powers and gave you the rank/position/equipment of a heretic who has to spend their lives fighting demons...
I want this to be a serious game so please no dicking around)

You stand up, knowing this world is weak, and decide it a good idea to conquer the domain. You attemp to activate your wings but they do not open. You can deal the fresh burnt scars begin to blaze as you try this and the pain throws you to the ground. There is a small leather satchel next to you.

What do you do?

E: ok you can do whatever you want just I want it to be serious. Ask questions if you need to
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:06:17 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 09:13:07 pm »

No, I mean, why the shit would we fight demons when we could just go take over a small kingdom?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 09:19:38 pm »

So from what your saying in your edit we can be a evil heretic douche as long as we do it in a serious manner?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 09:24:51 pm »

No, I mean, why the shit would we fight demons when we could just go take over a small kingdom?
Your naked in a field with no powers (attempted to activate them through wings and back began to burn throwing you to the ground) there is a nice satchel on the ground... >_> it looks like it might be useful...
((To help- the armor was only existant in a different realm... The scars and punishment however are not))

So from what your saying in your edit we can be a evil heretic douche as long as we do it in a serious manner?
Ya, do what you think your character would do.
Become an outlaw bandit if you want but you still have to kill demons and such.
Have you ever played fable? Like that bit please for the love of god don't go on random killing sprees unless you want to become a demon which has a LOT of consequences in this game.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 09:28:14 pm »

Soooo lets just settle down and have a comfortable life. Fuck demon fighting. Odds are is we just disagreed with the holier then thou attitude of heaven.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 09:30:50 pm »

((I played fable 2 and 3. I loved 2. 3 on the other hand I played it but I never really got into it.))

Open the satchel?

((Um senpai I think there might be a mechanic in the game that makes fighting demons mandatory since Cryxis keeps mentioning it?))

((Or at least fighting demons seems to be something that is important in the game?))
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:34:03 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 09:47:30 pm »

((Prophet is right.
And your character didn't just piss off the holier than thou.. He completely F'd up everythingn he's suposed to do. Enough to be kicked out and BRANDED a heretic))

You sit on the ground and open the satchel.
Inside is a set of clothing that look rather bland and peasanty.. Not at all comfortable. There is also a hunting knife, a water skin, and some random wilderness survival stuff (kindling, flint/steel, blanket, cord, etc).

You can hear a carriage coming down the road near the field. They seem to be in quite a hurry.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 09:53:21 pm »

Put on the cloths. Equip the knife. Pick up the Satchel.

((So are still angelly or are we human except for when we have kill demons with the burning armor and weapons.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 09:53:35 pm »

Fable 2 didn't hold a candle to Fable 1. Fable 3 just sorta sucked.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 09:55:59 pm »

((Well I never played Fable 1 so I wouldn't know but I do agree 3 did suck.))

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 10:08:20 pm »

(Ya fable 3 sucked. Fable 2 was good. Still need to install PC copy of fable 1)
((You are a rather large/ muscular male human (don't want to be sexist but I am a male and can make story for male characters easier, sorry if it offends you) you'll see later if/when you get angely stuff))

You hurriedly put on the uncomfortable clothes. They are blue cotton pants with a plant fiber/rope belt and a burlap short sleeve shirt.
As you finish getting on the shirt the carriage stops near where you are. Through the bushes and tall grass between the road and you, you can see what looks like three armed men. They are in chain mail and carrying short swords with no shields.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 10:16:10 pm »

Try to stay hidden and watch what they are doing.

((I'm also kinda interested in what you said about becoming a demon but I think we should hold off on thoughts about becoming this or that until we get a definite feel for the characters personality and what actions like becoming a demon would entail. Plus our main worry right now should probably be things like what should I do now or where do I go.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 10:19:00 pm »

Try to stay hidden and watch what they are doing.

Tell them the truth. We need a place to find food and shelter and we're not exactly in a position to find out ourselves.

((I'm more interested in being a good guy. Demon powers are ok but considering we're a drastically weakened angel yet we're still expected to fight demons, I'd say that angels are a fair bit more powerful.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5