Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demise of Nations: Rome  (Read 1208 times)

Melanthius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Demise of Nations: Rome
« on: May 06, 2015, 01:47:58 pm »

4X Grand Strategy
Turn-based 4X grand strategy: eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate.

Research & Diplomacy
An in-depth diplomacy system is included in addition to Research, Trade and City-Building.

Weather & Seasons
The game employs distinctive seasons and weather conditions including snow, rain and storms.

Challenging AI
The AI is implemented using a Genetic Algorithm to make it behave more human-like.

Cross-Platform Multiplayer
Supporting Cross-Platform Multiplayer/Hotseat-Play including co-op team games.

WEGO Turn-Based Gaming
A WEGO-based movement system for deeper realism scaling to an unlimited number of players.
Additional features:

Random Map Generator.
Nations include Roman Empire, Carthage, Greeks, Sparta, Persia, Gaul, Celts, Germania amonst others.
Troops types available are Swordsmen, Archers, Horsemen, Scouts, Barbarians, Mercenaries amongst others.
Your fleet consisting of Transport Ships, Galleys and Longboats.
High Score and Playing Statistics.
Engaging Music and Sound Effects.

--

This game has elements of both Total War and Civilization, it's free to play on Steam, so check it out:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/338810/

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Demise of Nations: Rome
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 01:52:53 pm »

Bleh, in-game cash store.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orfelius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 02:39:25 pm »

I don't see any similarity between this and Total War other than a period of the expanse of ancient Rome.
The game looks interesting, especially the op mentioned in-game cash store.
This is how it works:
Singleplayer on first map is free then you can buy DLC's to get more maps.

Joining a mutiplayer game is free but to make a new room one need 10 coins.

1 coin is being generated every day upon logging but you can buy additional ones in the in-game store or can be earned by winning a tournament.

I don't really know what to think about it but it reminds me a lot of Supremacy 1914 system and I feel like the game would benefit more from being a normal paid title.
source

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 02:50:15 pm »

To clear up some confusion in regards to free-2-play.

SINGLE PLAYER:

1. The single player mode allows you to play the default map (no limits) all the way to the end at no cost. It will take you at least a few hours to complete.

2. If you like the game, please consider purchasing other maps (DLC). You can obtain all the current and future maps (DLC) for a total of $15. So in order to play all the single player you can get, all you need to spend is $15 total.

3. There are no other hidden fees. Also there is no pay-to-win.

MULTIPLAYER:

1. You can JOIN as many games as you like (for free).

2. You need to spend 10 in-game coins to create a game. That's to prevent game-spamming where we end up with hundreds of games which no one joins and also to cover server hosting fees.

3. You obtain 1 coin/day when you log in. Also, you can receive free coins by winning tournaments (upcoming). In the end you will not need to spend coins in order to create games either.

4. There are no other hidden fees. There is no pay-to-win.

Doesn't sound that bad.

I don't really know what to think about it but it reminds me a lot of Supremacy 1914 system and I feel like the game would benefit more from being a normal paid title.
source

My guess is that paid titles VERY quickly die off.