Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: XCOM on Forums: OOC thread. FULL ROSTER! (Waitlist open)  (Read 30965 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM on Forums: OOC thread. One spot left! (24/25)
« Reply #435 on: June 17, 2015, 07:13:02 am »

There I fixed my dum mistake. All we're missing is Tiruin's equipment since she's been unable to post recently, hopefully she gets to login so I don't have to switch her out for some other mook.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 18, 2015, 08:24:56 pm »

There I fixed my dum mistake. All we're missing is Tiruin's equipment since she's been unable to post recently, hopefully she gets to login so I don't have to switch her out for some other mook.
I told you my equipment in my several minutes of IRC before! D:
(Nah, totally my fault; I had issues as of late and it took me unawares that I couldn't act and organize my time well.)

Equipment (which is pretty much my normal loadout for my basic XCOM operative):
Assault Rifle; Pistol; Tac Vest (If we're being silly about pixels, could I have shoulder cover? :V)
Flashbang Grenade (Stun Grenade); Laser Sigh.t

And I believe I typo'd at least one thing while multitasking this post. Sorry ahead. No time!

Isn't the outsider normally the last alien you fight and a big push over?
Play LW, dear. :)
You'll know the meaning of fun and desperation. Especially if you play impossible. On Iron Man.
Dear Gods is that hard. I'm too anxious to even LOAD THE GAME despite being halfway and...moderately stable >_>
Because bloody chryssalids. And then bloody PACKS OF EVERYTHING.

You'll know the meaning of overwatch, too. :v But that's just me and my paranoia. :P

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 21, 2015, 10:15:55 pm »

Bump?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 21, 2015, 11:00:02 pm »

I'm working on it :v
It's a busy time, and maps take a while.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 27, 2015, 06:45:22 pm »

Ok so the map will start in a couple days max. It's been busy for both of us and I move tomorrow back home so don't think this ded :v

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM on Forums: OOC thread. The Invasion Has Begun! (17/25)
« Reply #440 on: June 28, 2015, 02:06:40 pm »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 28, 2015, 02:40:50 pm »

From the looks of it, you guys are screwed if the UFO is southwards...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 28, 2015, 03:01:44 pm »

Is it okay to wait to see if Haspen reveal anything before we make a move?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 28, 2015, 03:02:50 pm »

If anything is revealed, all actions afterward are interrupted to allow move changes.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 28, 2015, 03:58:42 pm »

//No idea how to play this.
A good source of information is to observe how this game played out: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150207.0

That page is the start of all this. It contains information on character sheets, how combat works, etc.  In general, though, the most important things to remember are that your movement range (7.5) is your half, or blue, movement range. This indicates how far you can move in a single turn and still be able to shoot, go into Overwatch (get a shot on enemies that move within 10 tiles, which is also your total firing range), etc. Multiply your movement/mobility by 2 and you get your full, or yellow, movement range; this is your Dash distance. Since your mobility is 7.5, you could run up to 15 tiles in a single turn, but you can't take any other actions if you move any more than 7 tiles in one turn.

The rocks and trees you see on the map are cover. Always keep that between you and the enemy, obviously. Blue lines indicate heavy cover that confers 45 defense (a 45% lower chance for enemies to hit you), and usually reduces damage by 1. Green lines are partial/half cover, and only confer 30 defense (30% lower chance to get hit), and a 66% chance to block 1 point of damage. Cover is drawn in a straight line, and an attack will incur cover penalties if it crosses that line. However, if your attack does not cross that line (for example, if you flanked an enemy behind a wall by leaning around said wall for a shot), the enemy does not get a cover bonus. Also, being closer to your target can greatly increase your chances to hit them.

Word of warning:  AP grenades WILL NOT hit an enemy if a cover line lies between them and the site of the explosion. Always make sure you're tossing AP grenades against exposed enemies, or throw them behind the cover, otherwise they will do nothing. HE grenades will, however, hit enemies behind cover, and have a good chance to explode said cover entirely and leave aliens woefully exposed to follow-up shots.

Those are some basics. I really do recommend that you check out the link above, though, as you can find pretty much everything pertinent about how to play the game from that starting point.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 04:02:50 pm by Xvareon »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 28, 2015, 06:00:20 pm »

Name: Jeremy Lane
Nationality: USA
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 29, 2015, 02:28:18 am »

Thanks Xvareon, I will try to remember all that.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 29, 2015, 09:16:43 am »

//No idea how to play this.
A good source of information is to observe how this game played out: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150207.0

Yay information! :D
* Tiruin shall edit her post now. Hooray manual!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 02, 2015, 08:41:31 pm »

Question (unsure if editing my post makes the thread pop up in the newbox, but I see that it did before.)
Spoiler: About the map... (click to show/hide)
Does LoS cover through trees or rocks?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 02, 2015, 08:44:42 pm »

LoS does not penetrate full cover (trees), but it can see past half cover (rocks, fences). You cannot fire upon a target not in your LoS.

EDIT:  You can fire upon targets in your teammates' LoS -- or in range of a Battle Scanner -- if you have the Squadsight ability, which is exclusive to Snipers, Gunners using an LMG-class weapon, certain MEC trooper classes, and Scouts with Marksman's Rifles equipped with a Marksman's Scope. Squadsight enables you to fire beyond your normal range, but only if there isn't something blocking your shot -- like a wall, for instance. Since none of you have Squadsight for this mission, though, this point is moot. I just thought I'd mention it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:50:37 am by Xvareon »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32