Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Make Some Villains  (Read 947 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Let's Make Some Villains
« on: May 06, 2015, 02:52:05 am »

So, I've had this idea for a forum game involving someone looking for a job, and turning to professional henchmaning/lackeying/gooning in today's tough market. I probably won't be able to start it for a good long while, but I thought, why not do something fun related to it anyway?

So, let's make some villains!

Provide a description of a villain: gimmicks, powers, abilities, secret base, personality, goals, all that good stuff

Then, more importantly, what're the pros and cons for a prospective minion? Treatment of underlings, quality of missions/tasks? Pay grade/benefits, uniform/gadgets? Tendency towards ragekilling/"we have reserves"/invasive !!SCIENCE!! ?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Make Some Villains
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 03:24:47 am »

A female kitsune whose gimmick is to make cops/heroes/etc. really sexually uncomfortable whenever they try to stop her. Inspired by this and the following post.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 03:35:31 am »

I don't trust that link.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 03:54:17 am »

Brainwave:  Paralegal Alexandra Luthier took part in an experimental study to enhance mental and physical ability when the facility was struck by lightning!  Of the 64 participants, only she and one other survived.  Through the dangerous combination of science and the wrath of God, she gained the brainpower of 64 people and several psychic abilities to boot!  At the same time, the other survivor gained the strength, speed and durability of 64 people and was fused with the mechanical apparatus of the experiment, turning him into the Silver Beast!

She soon became a hot-shot commercial lawyer (in no small part because she could read the minds of her opponents and subtly screw with their emotions) and on the sly set up a villainous organisation using the funds from her job.  She dedicates a fair bit of her efforts to trying to locate and stop the Silver Beast, the only figure outright immune to her telepathy, as her nemesis' goal is to kill her in the hopes of regaining his mind.  In addition she attempts to use her villainous organisation to gain political power and eventual WORLD DOMINATION.

Her 'secret base' is a charitable foundation (set up by various dummy companies) and her minions are officially executives of this charity or plants within government and other crime gangs.

Employment Pros: Sweet suits, good pay, health insurance (because this is presumably set in America), sweet guns.  Company car.

Employment Cons: Your boss sometimes mind controls you without you being fully cognisant of it.  You might get torn apart by a silver rage beast at any moment.  Disloyal minions have been known to publicly execute themselves in front of the rest of the staff.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 04:09:05 am »

I don't trust that link.
I stuffed up the link. It leads to a blank page. Real link. Goes to a Bay12 post and it's 100% safe.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 05:33:25 am »

I'll give you the rundown on my old Champions Online Nemesis.

His name is Adam Sand.

He worked as an analyst for a anti-supervillain government organization (think SHIELD from Marvel) until his child was born, at which point he realized in this super-infested world his son wouldn't have a bright future as a "normal" so Adam secretly stole a formula.

When his son was a toddler Adam drugged the mother as she was getting in the car one day, and dumped the formula into the gas tank. He then let little Johnny toddle around in the garage as it filled with carbon monoxide mixed with a top-secret aerosol.
In the news that day, a toddler pulled his mother out of a burning, smoke filled garage, seemingly unaffected by the flames. Thus the world would come to know the superhero Ignition.

As for Adam, he went rogue and fled, sure that his former employers would discover his involvement eventually. While on the lam, he spent what time wasn't dedicated to making underworld connections to following his son's meteoric rise to heroism. Seeing as his son had fire-powered abilities, Adam researched everything he could about such things, slowly gaining knowledge of how to enhance them.

Ignition was well loved amongst his peers from his early teens, an incorruptible pure spirit fueled to do good works made him a popular super. But villains quickly learned of his major weaknesses, such as his inability to use his powers underwater.

And that is when Adam Sand re-entered his sons life. With a hacksaw, an experimental cybernetic arm and a crystal said to harness the power of the sun.

Many villains desire world domination, or the death of their nemesis, maybe even just money or power.
Adam Sand wants to see his baby boy succeed.
What parent wouldn't?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 07:17:10 am »

PTW and make villain goodness.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 09:39:32 am »

Though he might be considered evil by some, darklord alex is actually quite kindhearted.

He uses a variety of Magic, though he favors dark magic, and Fire.

His goal is not world domination, as many so foolishly fall in the attempt. (How can you manage an entire world anyways)

Instead seeking to carve out a small country or even just a large city state of his own.

His followers are loyal for his kindness. Many of there children have been saved by his magic.

-I think Im leaning into anti-villan or anti-hero territory here-
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 12:10:05 pm »

Pretty cool. But what's it like for his minions? Does he use minions?