Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer  (Read 21738 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2015, 12:19:32 am »

Seducedpoison is known for their rather zealous groundskeepers.

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2015, 10:58:57 am »

24th of Granite 175
   In the afternoon, I laid her body in the inner chamber of Ravenallied's mead hall, the Fortuitous Mob of Uniting, which was occupied by roaches and one unexpected marksdwarf (who I later realized had bashed one of the doors down). I told me his name was Zon (Likotbisek) Inkveiled and that he worship a deity named Kìrar. He refused to tell me about his professor or family, so I began to suspect him of being a spy for Melbil. When I asked about the Melbil, Zon told me, “She is warlord.” Strangely, he said that he did not know Zefon. My picture of the dispute grew less and less clear every moment, but I knew one thing—this marksdwarf was bad news. I picked up a large roach and threw it at his head, thus beginning the brawl to the death. The fight was quick and the disposal of the body even quicker. I propped his corpse and all of his possessions (save for the coin purse) and lit him ablaze. I started studying all coins I had collected from Nëlas' lair and Zon's wallet.
   The Zedanngoso Kutsmob Stâsostastom copper coins were, as expected, created by the Fiery Vice (Zedanngoso) sometime during the reign of Kutsmob (Stâsostastom) Tickspoke (168-present). The front image on the coins is a masterful depiction of Amxu Profaneblade the goblin surrounded by other goblins whom he selects as master of the Fiery Vice in 138. The reverse side is a fine image of Ber Menaceprison doing the same as master of the Fiery Vice in 142.
   The Estrur Ulut Nguslu Snuslûstosbûb gold coins seemed to be the gold currency of the Midnight of Wanes (Estrur Ulut) during the reign of Nguslu (Snuslûstosbûb) Snailhate (161-present). The front exhibits several wolverine men which have been masterfully designed. The back image is a fine depiction of a mini-forge, the symbol of the Midnight of Wanes. Nguslu's silver coins show a passion fruit vine on the front and a superiorly crafted image of Bustdispersed the giant dingo surrounded by goblins, representing his rise as an enemy to the Midnight of Wanes in 118. The copper coins of Nguslu show a cranberry vine on the front and a masterfully designed image of Stozu Spidercackle the Meandering Tail of Rabbles the goblin selecting other goblins as the master of the Midnight of Wanes in 24.
   The Thaci Thalú Yarare Lalalaecu silver coins appeared to be the silver currency of the Fish of Tufts (Thaci Thalú) under the druidship of Yarare (Lalalaecu) Patterndens (173-present). The front shows a masterfully designed image of gizzard stones. The back is a masterfully designed image of Aweme Mistbald the elf surrounded by elves, denoting her ascension to the position of druid of the Fish of Tufts in 106. Yarare's copper coins show a fine image of elves on the front and the image of a purple yam plant of the back.
   The Regzasit 175 gold coin seem to be the gold currency of the Gloved Knives (Regzasit) made in this very year. The front shows an exceptionally designed image of Minkot Puzzlingbolts the dwarf among dwarves, referring to his appointment as general of the Gloved Knives in 168. The back exceptionally shows Tirist Ivoryrough the dwarf among dwarves, designating her crowning as queen of the Gloved Knives in 30. The silver coin has an exceptionally designed image of two diamonds, the symbol of the Gloved Knives, on the front and a well-designed image of a giant sparrow on the back. The copper coins have a masterfully designed image of Tirist, identical to the one before, on the front and a well-designed image of To Hairyblister And Glory! the dingo leather-bound book created by the dwarf Atir Releaseroads on the 8th of Timber 36.
   Zon's coins, otherwise known as Anstridpesor Ur Cusithmizbo coins, are the currency of the Sizzling Confederacy created under the law-givership of Ur Embracedwhim (158-present). The front shows a masterfully designed image of a high boot, the symbol of the Sizzling Confederacy. The back is an exceptional image of an elf and a human, representing an offering of peace from the Sizzling Confederacy to the Fish of Tufts in the late autumn of 80 during the Molten War (Mesicaathama). The silver coins have a masterfully designed image of a high boot on the front and a superiorly designed image of Ekul Releasefrenzies the human among humans as newly appointed law-giver of the Sizzling Confederacy in 115. The copper coins have a finely-designed image of Scorchbattles the rock salt slab, which was created before time began, on the front and an image of a ring on the back.
   Now that I know Zon had local currency could mean one of two things: he is local (despite not knowing me or about the rulers of the Sizzling Confederacy) or he is an outsider who procured these coins through trade, theft, or murder. With all the evidence I have, I would have to say that I slew a scout of Melbil's army, who was to check the area around Ravenallied before the thugs who were in Praisedshoves finished attack. If so, it would seem that Melbil is more ambitious than her predecessor Zefon.
   To Callpapers I made haste in order to end these petty squabbles with the pesky Rosy Ship and their new leader Melbil.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:01:18 am by contheman »
-An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer-
The Adventures of Lord Cikul Knifejoke
The Under Appreciated Anthropologist of Steel
-A Fortress History-
The Founding of an Egypto-Dwarven Outpost
Life in Canyonfuture

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2015, 01:31:04 pm »

Awesome bit of history. Kind of weird how a giant dingo would become the enemy of an entire civ, seems more like a very local foe. I know this kinda thing happens all the time in the game, but it's still strange.
Funny how a random dwarf bandit is suddenly becoming some sort of bigger antagonist. I think that's what you call "ascended extra".

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2015, 02:11:58 pm »

Here is an extra history lesson:
In his seventeen years of life (113-130), Bustdispersed only ever killed one sentient being (a goblin named Stosbub Brandterror). He fought about a dozen battles with the goblins and their non-goblin, post-captivity citizens before dying of old age. Only a small fraction of those beings were remotely related to or a part of the Midnight of Wanes.

I agree that he wasn't as threatening as the Midnight of Wanes made him out to be. It is interesting to see an entire civilization terrified by a giant dingo who is on the southern outskirts and only managed to kill one goblin who wasn't in any way associated with the Midnight of Wanes.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2015, 02:38:08 pm »

The worst part is that I can't figure out what flag is being flipped to get you marked that way, because I would love to be marked as an enemy of certain civs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2015, 02:42:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was trying to save space and summarize the two separate sentences which the game gives when describing leadership ascension on coins. I'm open to any ideas on how to make it more understandable.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2015, 07:04:03 am »

25th of Granite 175
   When I got to Callpapers, bodies still lay were I had cut them down days before. More yet were cut down, until not one dwarf stood alive in the camp. As a sign of respect and reconciliation, I decided to pile all the fallen together and to give them a hero's pyre. I worked until it became to dark to see.

26th of Granite 175
   At first light, I logged all the bodies I could find and bring to the pile. The list of dead included Kivish Monangcerol, Åblel Uremzefon, Kumil Istraththob, Sibrek Mengkobel, Kadôl Amemdeler, Mafol Kâkdalathel, Dodók Oltaråm, Kûbuk Äsmubun, Zasit Midorlitast, Feb Ukergoden, Fath Lïduzol, Zasit Kìrardeduk, Zas Ducimavuz, Thob Atheladag, Udib Giginkûbuk, Fikod Dumatdesis, Thîkut Cattenostuk, Iden Desisber, Zasit Logemdastot, Rîsen Koganmelbil, Rimtar Stâkudsashas, Fath Zefonthoth, Urist Zanegasob, Kivish Monangcerol, Nil Cattennazush, Meng Idosoltar, Sigun Tatolin, Zefon Babinsodel, Ral Îtondumat, Rîsen Mïshakdatan, Bëmbul Athserled, and, lastly, Melbil Bardumfikod. I did not find the body of Zefon (Kanrakust) Tiredtomb, but his end was fitting for tyrant who gave orders to kill innocent men, women, and children for his own gain. The pyre was lit early that day. I looted the site of every coin I could find (more than any one man should be able to bear) in order to make sure that no more deaths would be funded by the Rosy Ship, defunct or not. During the night, I passed a goblin lair filled with red eyes which had a red shimmer in the dark.

27th of Granite 175
   I arrived at the Fortuitous Mob of Uniting (Dakashasttol Gil) during the middle of the night and dumped all the coins in the inner room of the hall. I subsequently slept for half a day. In the early evening, before the sun went down for the night, I chatted with some friends in Ravenallied. I then successfully asked Rofa Ancientpleated to join me on my adventure and promptly returned to the mead hall. I told Rofa that I was to be the successor to Lady Ape Sleevescale and her ancient mead hall because I slew her killer Nëlas Brandedgilds the Jade Warmth as lord of my new group, the Watchful Fellowship of Gazes (Staddatdasar Cikul).
    Reading over the town records, I found out that Zon Inkveiled was a new settler who mere got caught at the wrong place at the wrong time in the middle of this conflict due to his odd and unanticipated exploration of the mead hall and my irresponsibility and xenophobia. In the hall, I placed a granite marker reading, “This slab lies as a monument to Zon Likotbisek and all those who died during the conflict between the Sizzling Confederacy and the Rosy Ship - Lord Cikul Hokpundik, loyal servant of Zotho, dedicated this slab on the twenty-seventh of Granite in the year one hundred seventy-five.” Rofa told me that the leaders of the Sizzling Confederacy knew that Naturearrow had just finished a successful insurrection against the Vice of Feet and had sent me in to see if they would be willing to trade or even join their civilization. He also clarified that the uproar about Ravenallied being reclaimed was people discussing our settling of the ancient hamlet. Rofa respectfully declined my invitation to be a hearthperson, but I kept him as a soldier. I retired to the mead hall, waiting for further news of adventures or studies outside of Ravenallied and studying all the coins in the hall.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2015, 07:07:34 am »

It's up to you to decide where Lord Cikul Knifejoke goes next for a study.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2015, 12:31:58 pm »

Mmm, hard choice, as Naturearrow was probably the most diverse easily accessible place.
Hatedequaled and Seducepoison also seem fairly diverse, though those are Dark Forts, so they'll probably be hostile, not to mention laggy.
Notchsacks also seems interesting. Dwarves and goblins living in one fort? Blasphemous.

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2015, 02:01:53 pm »

I have a feeling that since Notchsacks is run by goblins, its going to be Naturearrow all over again. But I guess it's worth a shot.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2015, 07:46:56 pm »

Nice touch with the monument, and it looks like Notchsacks will be hostile, what's the closest fortress? Might have some luck with the soldiers and royalty down in there in uncovering some useful information.

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2015, 09:38:01 pm »

Here are the only dwarf sites controlled by dwarves that I could find:
  • Ibeshurvad, "Roastseal", hillocks
       Owner: The North Bodices, dwarves
       Parent Civ: The Steel of Deities, dwarves
       45 dwarves
       9 sheep
       11 goats
       11 mules
       10 alpacas
       11 llamas
  • Lungosnodub, "Playplague", dark pits
       Owner: The Arena of Hammers, dwarves
       Parent Civ: The Foggy Chambers, dwarves
       1 dwarf
Playplauge seems a bit lonesome, but maybe the one dwarf there knows all the secrets of Anenu Quico.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2015, 10:10:24 pm »

...The place with one dwarf might be pretty interesting, history-wise. And certainly loot-wise!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2015, 10:19:59 pm »

Wait, how did I miss the goblin site with a single dorf left in it?

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2015, 11:19:09 pm »

Turns out that it isn't very farm from Ravenallied. This is the next destination.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:29:19 am by contheman »
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10