Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Agar.io cell MMO  (Read 101153 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Agar.io cell MMO
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2015, 07:55:53 am »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:09:20 pm by penguinofhonor »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2015, 09:40:05 am »

pisskop found that feeding consistently unqiue named people makes alliances.  And spawns several 'feed me and I feed you' themed people.  And when I got large enough to be one of the cock of the walks I had moochers follow me for food :x

Also 'pisskop is gay' again, and  the Chinese server had people who were more cautios wrt splitting to eat a small dude, fwiw.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2015, 09:46:41 am »

I tend to play under the name Shin Getter. Apologies if I have ever eaten any of you.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2015, 10:20:30 am »

Man. The lag that sometimes hits in a game that requires such careful play. It's absolutely infuriating. I just was killed by it, I was gliding along, found a long time rival of mine in a bad spot, was about to eat him, then the lag hit and I was helpless to do anything but watch as I slid into a spiky ball, burst into easily editable chucks, and then kept sliding right into another blob, that was originally much smaller then me.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2015, 10:38:32 am »

Manage to get to the top spot. I challenged an equal sized blob and lost since he manage to squeeze past my attempt to trap him in green blobs. It left my smaller blob in danger and our reckless attacks left us both hitting a green blob.

I lost the resulting feeding frenzy and led him to the other giant blob. Got eaten and didn't really see who came out on top between them.

Also there is no pac-man skin.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:40:32 am by majikero »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2015, 11:32:01 am »

lag makes this game unplayable. I just stop being able to control my cell and sail right into some monstrously huge cell every five seconds.

E:
it also surprises me how easily offended and unable to take jokes some people are

E2:
Yup, just randomly disconnected again, just when I was finally getting somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:07:50 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2015, 12:24:02 pm »

I can't seem to stop playing this game, you'll usually find me on US East as ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ or Chadovich Brommunist.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2015, 12:41:10 pm »

I'm going to PTW this because I love the concept

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2015, 12:58:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gotta go fat
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2015, 12:58:42 pm »

I can't seem to stop playing this game, you'll usually find me on US East as ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ or Chadovich Brommunist.
Oh, I remember going against you a few times.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2015, 02:04:18 pm »

Shit I love this game, the mechanics are simple but very well working (it reminds me of the only part of Spore that wasn't crappy). I hope the greenlight goes well.

This might be the most disgusting aspect of the game. The players consist of children and cryptofascists.

This must depend on the server. I was playing some time ago in EU (reached 2nd as patriarchy, eaten by qing) and I saw a bit of everything. There was Stalin, Hitler, doge, matriarchy, gaben and a handfull of cyrillics, you name it.
I mean, sure, you get more than just the channers, but still. The presence is notable, persistent, irritating, and a reminder of the more frightening vistas of the Internet.

And yeah, I love the game too. Simple, very functional, but still the emergent gameplay!!! is interesting. All sorts of power relations pop up.
"4chan, 8chan, reddit," "frightening"

You may choose only one, padawan. I mean, unless you're scared of stupidity, or that most of those people are relatively "normal" (for whatever value you want to ascribe to that) when they don't have the mask of perceived anonymity. Or unless you're one of those people that conflates the shit that's kept corralled in a couple of the NSFW boards with the entire community. For that matter, you do know that the person who made it is a regular on both reddit (hence the feature request contact information in the changelog) and 4chan (most/all of the skin requests were taken in /v/), right?

Oh, and skin: Steam. Of course, how could I forget.
Stupidity in itself isn't dangerous, and if only it was just stupidity. No, it's much more than that.

But as someone pointed out, this is hardly the place. I'm really not feeling this discussion.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2015, 02:18:33 pm »

Oh, I remember going against you a few times.
I'm pretty patently terrible at this game, so you probably killed me :P What's your usual nickname?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2015, 02:18:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This might be the most disgusting aspect of the game. The players consist of children and cryptofascists.

What the hell is a cryptofascist? Is that like how the lack of evidence for an inside job is evidence of the coverup?

Also one frustrating thing about the game is what I mentioned before.  You're like a poison arrow frog or a monarch butterfly, 90% of  your survivability is deterrence.  If somebody splits for you and immediately regrets it, you're still dead.  And that happens a lot.
Shoes...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2015, 02:24:11 pm »

Accidentally split twice and died.
God fucking damnit

E:
How do you even spikeball people?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:37:26 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2015, 02:41:24 pm »

Press 'W' to eject a little tiny split off that you don't control. If it hits a spikeball, spikeball eats it and grows larger. If a spikeball gets large enough, it splits. It splits in the direction that the food was traveling in.

So, you spit mass into spikeball several times, after a few seconds spikeball splits out a spikeball in the same direction.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22