Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Agar.io cell MMO  (Read 101131 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Agar.io cell MMO
« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2015, 11:16:41 pm »

We won as blue (one of the other colors was dominating when I joined) when I tried the game out the other day. It was interesting. (I was playing as "Imanewbie" in reference to a certain webcomic from quite some years ago)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2015, 07:20:13 pm »

I win again

90% luck, 10% skill (the luck can be replaced with friendship)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 02, 2015, 02:40:30 am »

Wow. Just got 4,000+ then fed meself getting 4th place to 2nd when I had to go downstairs.

THe less I play this, the better I do.
One wheel short of a wagon

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 02, 2015, 02:47:04 am »

I was 1st place and was really successful due to a good virus eating run... and then it switched me to a different server.
Crack-a-lack-a

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2015, 01:30:19 pm »

Just got to the top of the leaderboard with 1500. Which is odd, as my highscore is 4000, but hi-ho, I consider myself to have won. Then of course, I lagged for 1/2 a minute then was at the bottom after being randomly split and spikeballed several times. Eventually fed myself to create a nice display.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2015, 10:58:52 am »

S0rry fer double post, but team games are so dramatic. At one point, through largely peaceful means, I managed to get to 2000 mass, mostly by luck in a blue dominated arena as blue, then noticed a huge, 2000 sized green. I was a little bigger, but green had been expanding recently, so I followed it so it couldn't attack any of the 400-1000 rangers on my team. I was a little slower, but it changed direction too much. It tried to eat the people who fed me, but it couldn't split cuz I'd eat half, and they just went round the other side. After a 5 minute deadly tussle of wills, a coupla 500 sized teammates repeatedly feeding me got me large enough to expand over it, to like 4500. I had slain their champion, the green bar more than halved. I felt like Achilles, though it was mostly other people.

I tried to payback everyone who had donated, as I was losing mass so quickly. Then at 1500 or so I started killing smaller, craftier opponents by letting them get me split and eating them, which kept my mass up for a bit, though after a while we dominated too hard. I also donated many to people whose names I liked, and often took the spikeball in a large battle to give us a ground advantage. A few loyal people tried to get me back to my former glory, but there was no real point, and its more fun when you're smaller. After doing what I had had done for me to a few guys, I retired from a 800 sized hunter, feeding myself to "share to win", who had nourished me when I was small, and had helped me fight the green colossus, then had fed me a lot later one. We had decisively won anyway, and I tried to exit the game as I disappeared inside him, though he couldn't really eat me, as a symbolic action. I got the feeling he was a really nice guy. No idea why I think it's a "he", but the casual lack of capitlaisation gave me that impression.

What a great game! There should be a website fer epic Agar.io stories.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2015, 11:28:36 am »

WITH NO VIRUSES

AGARIO CHIVALRY

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2015, 01:39:25 pm »

After playing this game a little more I think I've come to realize that teams (on FFA servers) are the most cancerous thing in the world. (other then cancer I guess.) It's just the worst. In my last game when I came on no less then the top six players on the leader boards were on teams. It's just such a cheap way to play. Which, is something I normally don't mind in games, a cheap and easy way. But for some reason it bugs more more in this game. I managed to eventually wipe out all the teams on my server for about a hour at least... But now that I'm done I'm sure that they are reinfecting the server.

Just the worst.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2015, 03:22:03 pm »

Teams? People that play together? Symbiots, like?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2015, 03:25:15 pm »

I like to assist or be assisted, not really true teams. It's the little guys who bring you dots to keep up your mass. It's the orbiters that virus people chasing you. It's the guys you can feed your tiny splits and you know they'll do good with them. Little friendship things that make the game nicer.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2015, 03:26:01 pm »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:21:43 pm by penguinofhonor »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2015, 05:22:18 pm »

I was on a week or so ago and two cells (at least) were feeding each other the top spot for the entire time I was on. I forget their names, but one was a company name and the other was kinda long. I kind think they were metacommunicating, but they could have formed the alliance naturally.

I think they could have been taken down if other cells teamed effectively against them, but the few attempts at that were doomed because of size, and because of interference from other leaderboarders.

I didn't like it, really, but I can't fault them for their gameplay, really. I mean, it's law of the petri dish out there, you know? Eventually I headed off to another server, because it wasn't fun, but that is a tactic too.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2015, 09:15:12 am »

The day I discovered Agario, I was incredibly lucky and found one of the people that had introduced me to the game. He had a very unique username. Together we gained the #1 and #2 spots, but only for a few minutes because he had to go and I got ganged up on.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2015, 11:23:35 am »

Team tactics suck.  They'll split up and feed one another.  And one will bait others into the bigger one, etc.

Spikeballs and waiting for them to make mistakes.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22