Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Agar.io cell MMO  (Read 101138 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Agar.io cell MMO
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2015, 02:05:23 am »

Honestly this is less of a cell based game and more of a social structure based game.
I've noticed this too--I keep naming my cell 'Peace' (because I do not want to eat any other cell), but...other cells just keep ramming into me. >_> [US West] Many, by choice.
This could be a nice social experiment :P Though obviously not literally as-is, poking at the game.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2015, 02:24:33 am »

Ive also begun to see it as sort of a psychologist's petri dish.

Come to think of it, I think I ate a cell named peace a couple days ago... Sorry tir :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2015, 05:30:11 am »

Names from popular characters work pretty well if you want to start an alliance. When I called myself Cersei (a character from Game of Thrones), I had a couple of big players feeding me and protecting me. It's pretty fun to try and find names that click with people :P

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2015, 06:01:27 am »

I play as Orbit Friendly on US East .

I had a cool Doge guy who kept feeding me and saving my leaderboard ass in exchange for me nomming anyone who went for him.

Then HITLERGOKU50 fired a spikeball swarm and I imploded.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2015, 01:59:06 pm »

I remember a guy who was named 'Orbiting Moon' who would just go in circles around big guys. When he started orbiting me (I was #4 or so) I fed him some, because no moon of mine is going to be that small! Eventually I split and he moved on to another guy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2015, 03:39:34 pm »

Been playing as Deviljho (it seemed apt) lately. On us east and west mostly because east went down for a bit or something. Also for a little while on eu west since that's fairly close anyway. Kinda doubt ping is a huge deal with this game anyway. Anyway, I feel like I have horrible luck. Somehow, I always seem to end up getting surrounded by basically everyone on the scoreboard eventually. Highest I've ever been is #4 I think.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2015, 04:34:37 pm »

I got 6th or so as ebola today. The best part was eating people with country names, causing things like "Imperial Russia has just been eaten by ebola."
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2015, 07:29:10 pm »

I got 6th or so as ebola today. The best part was eating people with country names, causing things like "Imperial Russia has just been eaten by ebola."
What, they have announcements?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2015, 08:34:12 pm »

What, they have announcements?
Sadly no, but I add them in my head.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2015, 11:54:49 pm »

I think out of all my experiences, my favorite was seeing Jet Fuel eat Steel Beams. It's only happened once in my entire playing time, but it was beautiful.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2015, 01:24:09 am »

I've been playing as qing dynasty and trying to build a great virus wall of china but is too too difficult.  :'(

defeeca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2015, 06:24:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is nothing just wait when you get to 8000 size as single blob then things get hard (you get walled in by spike blobs in worst case)
 man this game is addicting

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2015, 07:07:20 am »

I wish I only got walled in. Once you're really huge you have to avoid even going near spikeblobs, because large->leaderboarders will spam-w a spikeball into you, and then you'll get zerg-rushed.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2015, 07:14:11 am »

I usually go as '[B12]karhell', or some variation of 'Molpy up!' on Europe.

The game seems to frequently reset (not that I'm complaining, it gives everyone a decent chance to get to the leaderboard ^^)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:57 am »

So, finally managed to get first place on the leaderboard, but man, maintaining all that mass is superhard. Eventually I got squeezed into spikeball by three other leaderboarders working together. Why don't they ever want to work with me.  :'(

Saw a couple of cthulu's, one I gave mass to and another who gave me a split, but neither seemed interested in actual teamwork.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:18:41 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22