Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Software Inc. - Game Dev Tycoon (on crack) + Sims  (Read 20994 times)

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
Re: Software Inc. - Game Dev Tycoon (on crack) + Sims
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2015, 12:45:05 pm »

this game is absolutely adorable!

however, I can't for the life of me figure out where to purchase/ produce the crack cocaine

so frustrating, am I missing something?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2015, 12:46:51 pm »

this game is absolutely adorable!

however, I can't for the life of me figure out where to purchase/ produce the crack cocaine

so frustrating, am I missing something?

That is oddly enough ANOTHER indie game

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2015, 12:54:35 pm »

That is oddly enough ANOTHER indie game

aye, this guy

but yeah, I don't want to see the "on crack" analogy anymore unless there is actual crack involved :D

if you want to comparatively describe something frenetic, feel free to use "on crank" as meth is way more en vogue these days ;)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2015, 06:00:40 am »

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2015, 10:26:07 pm »

Can you offshore jobs and replace people wirh h1bs at lower wages?

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 02:07:23 am »

Is this like other games of this genre - 20 years and you're done? I like these kinds of games open-ended.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2015, 02:30:55 am »

I do not know how far it goes but it is longer than 20 years for sure. The option was also just added to make the game up to 8x as long. It used to be 1 day = 1 month but now you can adjust it to your liking up to 8 days per month

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2015, 02:44:58 am »

Is this like other games of this genre - 20 years and you're done? I like these kinds of games open-ended.

no limit I saw but at 2020 something you run out of content (new PCs, new server types etc, not that there are so many)

Oirestel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2015, 11:29:09 am »

Bought the game because this looks fun, after a few plays here is my estimate of it (In its current state)

Solid game play, I really like it conceptually. The big problem it is has right now is scaling, in 10 years I slowly grew a team of 9 people (3 marketers, 6 people in product development) who could consistently churn out a large OS in... 6-8 months, even though it supposedly would take a team of 17 more than a year. If you send an employee to school for three months, they will max out the specialization quite often, and get close to maxing the main skill... This means you can grow super teams faster than makes any sense. Less than two years to grow a newbie into a coding god?

Automation is cool, but needs work. Adding more control (Naming and IP options for starters) would really make me like the feature a lot more. I also wish I could make release schedules for the automated teams, because obsoleting your old software too quickly seems like a waste.

Speaking of which, my biggest ask would have to be parallel development of software for an OS. Right now OS's lose popularity stupidly fast. (Probably needs either a tweak, or the ability to add content patches?) If I could release my in house OS with a program suite, instead of scrambling to make that suite after the fact, it'd feel more realistic and be much more profitable. Even if it's just an option to port software after production...

All in all, really like the game, but it has really obvious alpha balancing in play now. Once you get past that initial contract stage and have about 300K in cash, scaling up becomes too damn easy. My team of 9 12 years out has 16M in cash, I could hire 40 employees and have them auto churn every software type, but there isn't really an incentive or challenge to that. Skill growth nerfing, and exponential difficulty with size (Large OSs don't ever get made quickly without ass tons of employees) would make growing your company necessary rather than a fluff option.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2015, 02:16:58 pm »

i dont think i have anything to add that isnt said already.
I should say though, that you can hostile takeover other companies and take their licences.... and their onhand cash. generally i was making money by buying companies immediately and then getting huge long term bonuses for owning any future sales from their products too.. after buying a couple companeis it just steamrolled to me literally buying every single company.
...my company owned all 600~ish products in the world, and was the only source of new software [i had automated teams making each type], new companies do spawn every once and awhile, but you can buy them outright for supercheap or like 99% of them, then wait until they release a product and make huge monies..

...Still i like to believe that i created EA's dream future, one company, owning and producing all the software in the world, anything that tried to spring up was instantly bought up...
i went from several million dollars to around 50mil by buying them all... it wasnt even 1990 yet.. so i would say the game is wayyy too easy atm.

I did enjoy the 6hrs or so i played it, but i cant imagine going back for a couple months atleast [if the dev keeps up his current pace].

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2015, 02:38:57 pm »

how do you buy other companies?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2015, 02:49:38 pm »

how do you buy other companies?
Buy all of their stock.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2015, 03:11:03 pm »

you get their profit then?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2015, 03:18:55 pm »

No, they just stop existing. I think you get their IPs though, and obviously they stop competing with you.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2015, 09:45:26 am »

i dont think i have anything to add that isnt said already.
I should say though, that you can hostile takeover other companies and take their licences.... and their onhand cash. generally i was making money by buying companies immediately and then getting huge long term bonuses for owning any future sales from their products too.. after buying a couple companeis it just steamrolled to me literally buying every single company.
...my company owned all 600~ish products in the world, and was the only source of new software [i had automated teams making each type], new companies do spawn every once and awhile, but you can buy them outright for supercheap or like 99% of them, then wait until they release a product and make huge monies..

...Still i like to believe that i created EA's dream future, one company, owning and producing all the software in the world, anything that tried to spring up was instantly bought up...
i went from several million dollars to around 50mil by buying them all... it wasnt even 1990 yet.. so i would say the game is wayyy too easy atm.

I did enjoy the 6hrs or so i played it, but i cant imagine going back for a couple months atleast [if the dev keeps up his current pace].

EA's dream future is to enslave humanity...

So you fell a bit short.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7