Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: You are a Vampire  (Read 8467 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Vampire
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2015, 06:57:19 pm »

Buying a chicken works if there is anybody still up and selling chickens.

+1 to trying to buying Chicken
+1 to catching up with that old man if operation poultry fails

-1 to telling our friends just yet.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2015, 07:04:10 pm »

It's late at night though. Who sells live poultry at this hour?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2015, 07:22:46 pm »

What do you mean "just yet?" Is there any possible scenario in which they react better after we've killed somebody?

A vote to not tell them "just yet" and to go hunting humans instead is a vote to not tell them ever at all. Which means either abandoning them and going solo, having them find out that oh by the way we've been killing people, or keeping it a secret until we leave town with them and then end up eating them on the way. If that's your plan, then just say so rather than making it sound like like we're just "putting it off" and that we'll tell them later.

It's not going to be easier to tell them if we cross that line and start nomming people.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2015, 07:29:14 pm »

What do you mean "just yet?" Is there any possible scenario in which they react better after we've killed somebody?

A vote to not tell them "just yet" and to go hunting humans instead is a vote to not tell them ever at all. Which means either abandoning them and going solo, having them find out that oh by the way we've been killing people, or keeping it a secret until we leave town with them and then end up eating them on the way. If that's your plan, then just say so rather than making it sound like like we're just "putting it off" and that we'll tell them later.

It's not going to be easier to tell them if we cross that line and start nomming people.

OOCly I'm still trying to decide if telling them at all is the right idea. Tonight we likely have to nom the dude, as there is no other option that dosn't risk us going insane. Beyond that, assuming the old man gives us enough blood to keep us happy for a few days so we can figure things out and get our shit together, I'm not opposed to playing a benevolent vampire. If we want to come out to our friends, and they know that somebody drank the old man dry, we can lie and say we were attacked and turned by another vampire, who had to have been the culprit behind the old man attack.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2015, 07:43:43 pm »

We are a single untrained kobald and the tinker could be a crafty GM trap!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2015, 08:07:46 pm »

there is no other option that dosn't risk us going insane.

Other options:

1) Go buy a goat/chicken/dog/etc.

if there is anybody still up and selling chickens.

Knock on a door. "Hi! I'm sorry to wake you, but I want to give you money! Also, somebody is going to DIE if you don't accept this money. I want one <small animal>, please. I'll pay double. Sorry to trouble you. Know that that you're saving the life of a stranger you'll never meet."

2) Tell our friends and ask for help. They can help hunt, they can ask around for chicken/goats to buy...and if nothing else works, they might be willing to give us blood willingly.
3) Hunt rats. Find a stray dog or cat We might even be able to do this in plain sight. We're a kobold. If anybody asks we can play it off, bite the animal's head off in front of them. "What? Doesn't everyone do this?"
4) Break into a farmhouse and steal a goat. Much less likely to get us lynched than nomming people.
5) Go back to the Inn. The innkeeper said she has pigs that she slaughters. Pay her to slaughter one now.
6) Go to a church. Tell them the truth. Remember it was a god who turned us into a vampire. They might be able to help.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2015, 08:40:05 pm »

Order of lynching from least to greatest:
5 but both would probably be expensive
murder

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2015, 09:08:32 pm »

Why do we care so much about which is the most efficient and effective way to not get lynched? We're, what, four pages into the game. If we die, we can try again and this time have a better feel for what vampires can do and how others react to them. Losing is fun.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2015, 09:27:03 pm »

That's dumb.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2015, 09:28:52 pm »

Dying of laughter?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2015, 02:20:04 am »

"You go on ahead, got something I need to sort out first."

"What, Khala not the first to hit the pub?  Who are you, and what have you done with the real Khala?"

There is a split second where you feel the sweat on your back turn to ice before you find the wherewithal to laugh.  Nym and Omo join in.

"But seriously though, go do whatever.  We're going to start drinking without you, though, so catch up when you get back!"

"Thanks, see you in a bit."

You head off south down the road, keeping the old tinker in sight as you stalk him to the outskirts of town.  As you pass through the farmland surrounding Stepcrossing, you notice a farm with a chicken coop in the growing dusk.  You make a note of the tinker's direction and head over to the farmhouse.  You knock on the door, and after a few moments it opens to reveal a pinch-faced human farmer.  As soon as he sees you, he grabs hold of a cudgel from beside the door and makes to beat you to death.

"GET OUT!  YOU'LL NOT BE STEALING ANY OF MY CHICKENS, YOU LITTLE -"

You jump away from the first strike and extend your hands, proclaiming your innocence.

"Not stealing!  Not stealing!  Just buying!  I just want to buy a chicken, alright?"

The farmer halts his assault, squinting his beady eyes at you and harrumphing.

"Oh, you speak Plain.  Well still, fuck off.  It's late, come back in the day."

"I'll pay double!"

"Hrm.  Still no, I can't be asked to kill and pluck a chicken this late."  He moves to shut the door.

"I'll take care of that, the killing and the plucking.  Just get the chicken for me and I'll be out of your hair."

You can see the farmer visibly struggle between his bigotry and his greed.  "Fine.  Six shillings."

"Six?!  That's outrageous!"

"Seven, for the lip."  You grumble and fish out the coins.  The farmer saunters off, leaving you waiting a good ten minutes for his return.  You are seized by an urge to tear his throat out with your teeth that has nothing to do with your vampirism.  The farmer eventually emerges from the coop with a rather scraggly chicken, feet tied with twine and clucking in protest at her handling.  He tosses the chicken at you and tells you to go away.  You oblige.

You find an isolated spot away from town, struggling with the chicken all the while, and once you think you are out of earshot you take off your shirt and bite down on the chicken's throat.  The chicken screeches in protest and you struggle to keep it in place while its hot, fresh blood rushes into your mouth.  You gulp it down greedily, and too soon the chicken's thrashing stops and you are forced to suck at the gash in its throat to extract each last drop of vital essence.

It tastes... acceptable.  Like beef jerky compared to a steak.  The maddening dryness to your throat has died down as well, though you are not really sated by it.  You think that might be a case of volume rather than quality, although you suspect sapient blood would probably satisfy you more.  You kick the chicken corpse into a bush and cover it up with some dirt, then wipe your mouth clean and put your shirt back on.

By the time you return to the inn, Nym is well into her cups and Omo is sat in the corner, playing a jaunty tune on her violin.  If you really wanted to tell them, you could.

Spoiler: Khala (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2015, 02:29:33 am »

Well, at least we know where to go to get blood in an emergency...even if we don't have money.....

Play music. We've still gotta make a living, after all.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2015, 03:09:00 am »

Hey, since music took our mind off of our blood lust during our performance, maybe we can try doing that?
Dying of laughter?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2015, 05:01:27 am »

Incidentally, if anyone wants to suggest specific songs (in-universe, please) or stories to sing/play when musical interludes happen, that's all cool.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2015, 05:59:38 am »

After this,go to a quite place and tell them.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9