Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lead floors or menacing spikes?  (Read 2356 times)

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Lead floors or menacing spikes?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 02:13:51 pm »

Magma is boring

Burn the heretic!  >:(
Only if you walk through my serrated discs first. Unarmored!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:17:51 pm by Astrid »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 06:13:58 am »

Well, it seems dorfs readily make greaves out of goblin and reacher bone, but balk at using dwarf bone. Haven't tried human or elf yet (they all went aburning in the boring magma).

Walking through serrated discs unarmored is easy: just send in a sufficient number of minions (or useful idiots, a.k.a. undead or goblins [categories not mutually exclusive]) to jam them first;)

Revenant342

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 07:17:14 am »

Speaking of dwarf bones, are fell moods different now?  I remember that my dwarves would occasionally moodily murder each other and make stuff from their bones, but haven't seen that yet in this version.  I got an artifact dwarf bone throne that way once and gave it to my monarch to keep the peons in line. 

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 12:25:27 pm »

Fell moods can still happen in .40.24 But only very unhappy dwarves ever seem to get them, and unless you have too many corpses lying about or run afoul of the 'vengeful thoughts' bug, it's fairly easy to not have many unhappy dwarves who could end up in a fell mood.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2015, 09:00:19 pm »

It turns out you can't build lead menacing spikes. Silver is only 10% less dense, though. It seems a waste of a valuable metal.

Revenant342

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 10:06:35 pm »

Iron would be better for both, or steel ideally.  Menacing spikes are piercing.

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 05:46:59 am »

I had a natural chasm that was 40z levels deep leading into the caverns in my recent fort, and have adopted that as "The Pit of Dubious Justice".

I think the floors are dolomite, but I'm not sure. I've thrown both a troll and a human werecreature down there and oddly enough not only do they explode horribly, but each time their neck has somehow ended up as a separate gib.

I've seen severed heads before, but never a neck somehow on it's own, cleaved from the corpse by a blunt floor :o

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 01:48:14 pm »

I had a natural chasm that was 40z levels deep leading into the caverns in my recent fort, and have adopted that as "The Pit of Dubious Justice".

I think the floors are dolomite, but I'm not sure. I've thrown both a troll and a human werecreature down there and oddly enough not only do they explode horribly, but each time their neck has somehow ended up as a separate gib.

I've seen severed heads before, but never a neck somehow on it's own, cleaved from the corpse by a blunt floor :o

The neck is the severed head - since the neck is the part connecting it to the body, the game counts the head as part of the neck.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 06:41:51 pm »

The neck is the severed head - since the neck is the part connecting it to the body, the game counts the head as part of the neck.
It's like how when you cut the right upper arm off the game doesn't call it a right hand, or a right lower arm, it calls it a right upper arm, even if it has the right hand and lower arm still on it.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 [2]