Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 177408 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - A Hero
« Reply #765 on: August 05, 2016, 07:31:56 pm »

((Uh, just to be clear, I think when Corsair said 'maelstroms', he meant those mask things with the spinning mass of debris around them.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 06, 2016, 02:39:29 am »

"Oh crap this shit..."

Shut down alcubierre drive systems if it doesn't affect anything else. Jump backwards balancing on one leg and... shoot the thing some more. I suppose the vital part doesn't move within the thing too much.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 06, 2016, 03:35:43 am »

((I edited my action.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 07, 2016, 12:38:01 am »

Code: (DECOHERENT) [Select]
Quiet, isn't it? Your friend drew quite a lot of attention.
"I suppose you could call what we did... and what I assume he did after... that."
Hmm
Start with some magic testing:
"3d 72 -t"
Mess about with that in the safest way possible. I'll leave what that means up to you (I'm definitely going to die again)

Look around to see if there is anywhere the script-boundary looks less intense, or if there is a natural entrance over it, or hell if a lightpost happens to dangle over out of the heat-haze. Even look for nearby manhole covers, maybe I can sneak in underneath the security (something I should have considered last time).
If no such ways around make themselves apparent, try and find a pebble, or some other non-magically-summoned boring-something, and throw it at a 45 degree angle over the line of script, but thru the heat haze, be ready to duck behind cover if dangerous things happen, or if an alarm sounds. ALSO BE WARY OF LINES OF SIGHT TO THE TOPS oF THOSE DAmN BUILDINGS! Snipe me once shame on you, BUT SNIPE ME TWICE *eyetwitch*
======== < line of script
          /   < direction of throw
        /
      @    < me

If nothing happens I may throw the crayon and see if it is triggered by magic things, next test after that being fleshy things of course :P
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 15, 2016, 12:28:11 am »

Turn will be here within a few days... a certain action has complicated one of the turns. *Evil Laughter*
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 21, 2016, 05:37:19 am »

Take a break and consult TZINACAN's secrets.

"So what can you tell me about these runes here? I'd rather not push my luck at this point."

Bit of magic too since I lost my cleaver/sword, 08 a5 full COMP.
[COMP: 8/2] Spell
You conjure up a dull metallic mace that clangs to the floor heavily.

Code: (TZINACAN) [Select]
Worlds align. Beasts coalesce.
Bound to inscriber's behest.

Agents of the Crown cull the forgotten as to sate their dark pacts.
Cloaked daggers, tempered with the blood of the innocent.

They know you are here. They are here to slay you.

Pass this threshold and what lies beyond shall manifest.
Devoid of empathy, devoid of mercy, devoid of humanity, yet in human guise still.

Look.
Listen.
Smell.

You'll be able to discern their amushes and formations with enough attention.
But look not too far, listen not too close, and smell not too deep, lest you lose your mind.

We have altered you to be resistent, and you may become more resistent still with time.
Your comrade here, however, is not so fortunate, and in any direct combat may very well be a liability.

These entities were never meant for a true warzone. In such confined spaces, explosives may work wonders.

You can see the shadows shift and waver in the hallways beyond the runes.

Keep following Beirus. Have Caladlebolg and necrotic missiles at the ready. Prepare my mind for any more attacks on my free will from IV.
Shoot the maelstrom ahead of us with my Bound weapon. Hope the Ladlemonger can take care of the one behind us, or the one in front if I don't destroy it. Keep heading down the hallway and towards the anomaly-causing object.
Eight rune masks detach from the walls and begin forming whirlwinds of icy shards and chipped concrete around themselves as you raise your weapon. Two range from half ruined walls you can see below due to the building being full of improbably large holes, while three approach from each side. You fire at one of the trio ahead.
[UTAR vs. SDEF: 6 vs 7] Beirus open fire with Bound Weapon
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 6 vs 4] The Ladlemonger tags in with Caladlebolg
Your hail of small arms fire pings off of the creature's whirling body of concrete and ice, the cyclone of debris slamming into your rounds, peturbing their trajectories enough to miss the masks within. You comrade jumps forward and swings with the ladle, unleashing a torrent of necrotic energy at the enemies.

The necrotic blast strikes all three and they are flung backward several meters by the impact, a good amount of their mass is now gone, having been rusted or crumbled by the decaying influence of the attack. They move back further and begin slowly growing once more.

"Oh crap this shit..."

Shut down alcubierre drive systems if it doesn't affect anything else. Jump backwards balancing on one leg and... shoot the thing some more. I suppose the vital part doesn't move within the thing too much.

[UTAR v SDEF: 6 v 6]
[LTAR v MDEF: 6 v 7]
You fire on it and it parries the blows with a flurry of sword strokes, your accuracy suffering due to the blaring warnings in the cockpit. It attempts to fire on you but you drop below it's sword strokes easily. Slap fight over other things begin occuring.

[1d100: 2] Alcubierre Drive Stability
Well, looking over Corsair's notes, if you rolled one lower than you did, you'd have ended the game. So uh, congratulations, I guess?
It's... what?

It isn't shutting down.

Why? Why isn't it shutting down? What kind of incompetent buffoon designed this piece of shit? How the hell is it even still functioning well enough to fuck you right now? That's like, the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do! It gets damaged, it stops; those are the rules, and for good reason at that.

"> Warning!"
"> Acubierre Drive is now critical!"
"> Attempting rectification... rectification failed."
"> Destabilization event imminent!"
"> Purging rear plating... rear plates purged."
"> Ejecting capacitor...."

Your frame lurches forwards, the weight shifting forwards.

"> Acubierre Drive stabilized."
"> Acubierre Drive disabled."

Whatever it just ejected was not a capacitor, not even close. Veiled in a shifting region of twisted space it sails in a peculiar trjaectory, randomly shifting and "skipping" back and forth like a broken video, its indistinct, vaguely spherical boundaries discharging with transient, spiralling tendrils of nothingness.

And then, something happens. The veil compresses, deforming, the discharges hasten but without the tendrils, as if the "capacitor" was grasped by the hand of a wrathful god. The "skipping" intensifies, as if trying to escape, yet in the end, it fails.

It begins to shudder in midair, and, according to your enhanced vision, is about to be thrown straight back into the midst of the battle.

"I suppose you could call what we did... and what I assume he did after... that."
Hmm
"3d 72 -t"
Mess about with that in the safest way possible. I'll leave what that means up to you (I'm definitely going to die again)

Look around to see if there is anywhere the script-boundary looks less intense, or if there is a natural entrance over it, or hell if a lightpost happens to dangle over out of the heat-haze. Even look for nearby manhole covers, maybe I can sneak in underneath the security (something I should have considered last time).
If no such ways around make themselves apparent, try and find a pebble, or some other non-magically-summoned boring-something, and throw it at a 45 degree angle over the line of script, but thru the heat haze, be ready to duck behind cover if dangerous things happen, or if an alarm sounds. ALSO BE WARY OF LINES OF SIGHT TO THE TOPS oF THOSE DAmN BUILDINGS! Snipe me once shame on you, BUT SNIPE ME TWICE *eyetwitch*
======== < line of script
          /   < direction of throw
        /
      @    < me

If nothing happens I may throw the crayon and see if it is triggered by magic things, next test after that being fleshy things of course :P

There is a tree branch that lies over the line and it is quite odd. The point where it crosses the line is covered in the same runes circling the branch along with being present on the ground, like when line painters spray straight over bits of wood. Just to be sure, you snap a small branch off of a nearby tree and throw it across, and indeed, you find that the runes encircle it as it passes through before returning to normal.

[COMP: 9/-14] Spell
Your spell goes off, but nothing seems to happen.

"Hehhehehheeehhhhh... I have all the power! ALL OF IT!"
HEROIC LEVELING UP!

Exterior Spending:
+0 to Static Defense
+16 to Mobile Defense
+2 to Liminary Targeting
+2 to Unbound Targeting

Interior Spending:
+7 to Compatibility
+13 to Transcendance

Now then. James takes a rest. And eyes the blasted corpse, some distance away from it. If it moves, it gets gravity gunned. Once the explody kill zone disappears, James takes a look at it and sees about looting it.
So you sort of sit down, your lack of feet making it hard to remain standing, and wait. You wait, listening to the distant crackle of gunfire, the unearthly explosions, and the sonic booms. You wait, as buildings crumble in the distance, as battles rage too far to see, too close to ignore. The zone remains. Your vision indicates that your foe is either truly dead, or too busy evaluating its life choices to dare attack no matter what you do, however the killzone around it remains very much active.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:21:14 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 21, 2016, 05:38:29 am »

<
Turn 42
|
Turn 43
|
Turn 44
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_Art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blazing Glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:31:42 pm by Empiricist »

blazing glory

« Reply #772 on: August 21, 2016, 06:27:03 am »

"Great...wish I knew if the rune was a boundary or an origin point, guess I'll find out."

Take my mace, tell the squire to stay here and watch things, then...proceed, down into the dark depths where the Agents of The Crown reside.

5c, 31, split COMP.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 21, 2016, 07:01:36 am »

Hmm
"3d 72 -t"
-shhhnip-
There is a tree branch that lies over the line and it is quite odd. The point where it crosses the line is covered in the same runes circling the branch along with being present on the ground, like when line painters spray straight over bits of wood. Just to be sure, you snap a small branch off of a nearby tree and throw it across, and indeed, you find that the runes encircle it as it passes through before returning to normal.
So... Magerks? :P
Can haz magerks pls? (it is in bold, although admittedly obscure next to my WALL O' TEXT)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 21, 2016, 07:06:12 am »

((Oh whoops, we must've missed that. We'll PM you a notification once we edit it in, since one of the words in that probably needs to have the cost rebalanced first.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 21, 2016, 03:22:37 pm »

"Hey Soteriologist, can I turn this thing into a zombie?"

Waiting intensifies. While he's at it, James uses Memento Mori.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 21, 2016, 09:56:17 pm »

((Oh whoops, we must've missed that. We'll PM you a notification once we edit it in, since one of the words in that probably needs to have the cost rebalanced first.))
I noticed that "stylus/pencil/marker/whatever" had a cost of zero, like table so I thought... why the hell not! Hahahah.
Unless you mean "-t"
In which case... HHHHMMMMMMMMMMM [INTEREST TRIGGERED]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 21, 2016, 10:16:56 pm »

((I think it's safe for me to say yes, it's -t that I'll need to talk over with Corsair. We prefer not to change the cost of already-discovered words, nor do we have any interest in making it harder for making all your spells furniture and crayon themed :P))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 22, 2016, 04:19:01 am »

((This is closest I have ever gotten to ending someone else's game. Dubious fame, no doubt.

Say, which way does one enter/exit the frame? From front or back?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 22, 2016, 06:59:30 am »

((Upper back, it's located just behind where the is head connected, so that the point of relative weakness is reasonably hard to target while still being easy enough to get into.))
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69