Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 177444 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

((I'm trying to decide if the risk of losing my steak is worth the possible epicness if this goes well. I'm worried that it wouldn't have gone well since you asked for clarification and said you already had it written.))
((Do you want me to process your current clarified action or use the old one? Cause you know getting turn up and such.))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Let's go with the clarified action.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Turn should be up soon just waiting for emp to reappear))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Apologies, turn will be up shortly. I was quite busy with an assignment. Or to be more precise, a misplaced exclamation mark lodged somewhere within my assignment.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Huh. Did time just get distorted? In any case... I'd better be ready for this... I know a boss fight when I hear one."

James draws his axes and prepares for battle.
The whirring grows louder and into the room drifts a strange creature. It is similar to a large cephalopod with a sectioned body and long hextuple-jointed limbs terminating with serrated bone spikes. The creature's face which you presume would be normally fleshy, is covered by a metallic faceplate with several cameras on it while the body has been mechanically enhanced with plates of rune-enscribed steel. It's tail rather than ending in a sensible fan to move through water instead has a trio of mechanically augmented scorpion tails the tips of which drip grungy red orange liquid. The back has a large industrial fan that is parallel with the floor.

[UTAR : 10/6] Resistance.
Something's not too right about that fan. It's giving off the same vibes as those hallucinations.

TZINACAN, what...is this? Should I be concerned?

Although I have to say, so far I quite like it!

Spend 3 UTAR firing on the final soldier, try to send a spell of f1 sabb towards the two on the roof with 2 UTAR, although hopefully it won't need it, spend my MDEF sprinting to the warehouse's door, take a swing at the boar with my cleaver on the way there with all my LTAR.

Killy! I'm getting my ass indoors! I'd advise you do the same!
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 1 vs. 0] Broom Attack on first soldier.
[COMP: -2] Spell/
[MDEF vs. UTAR: 2 vs. 0, 2, 0] All soldiers fire.
[LTAR vs. SDEF: 1 vs. 6] Cleaver strike on Boar.
Seeing as their opponent has spontaneously transformed into some kind of depthless abomination, the three soldiers who aren't currently being mauled decide that the best course of action is to of course see if you're vulnerable to bullets. Dashing through the incoming fire, you sweep your broom forth, a black abyss tearing forth ever so briefly. Shrapnel. A hail of debris rushes forth at orbital velocities, quickly cutting down your target with rather excessive power. Making a spinning sidestep between their shots your point your left shoulder at the other two and cast.

Dread. Again, the chill of impending doom. Something has happened, something grave. You don't know what. Your targets remain standing their live fire testing of your hide remaining inconclusive on accounts of being unable to hit you. Lunging at the boar, you swing your cleaver forth only for it to parry with its tusks, the motion handily eviscerating the soldier they were lodged in.

Keep shooting the spearman, keeping just enough distance I won't end up shooting myself into knee.

Message to all soldiers in area still alive:
(assuming the core is in the building where they met this one.) "I'll keep this fucker as my dance partner! Go have party with his momma! She's where you think she is!"
You stay back a few steps so you don't shoot yourself in the knee as you so eloquently put it.

[UTAR vs. MDEF: 4 vs. 6] Firing on the demon.

The demon moves forth, building speed as it runs... straight diagonally left of you? You follow, and unlike an action movie villain, actually lead your target rather than peppering the ground behind it like a moron. Unfortunately, it manages to evade your now far-less erratic machinegun fire. If it continues like this you may end up running out of ammo. Eventually.

Crunching, it slams its weapon straight the ground, generating a burning explosion of sickly yellow flame. The next few movements are obscured by the blast but the demon soon comes back into view, leaping up the side of a building, something rendered relatively easy by the edifice's stupid post-modern design. The demon reaches the top as time halts, showing the trajectory of a soon-to-be executed leap straight into you, your foe apparently failing to comprehend that there is literally nothing stopping you from just flying a bit higher up. Or flying backwards. Or just about any of the other options afforded to you by virtue of being in a giant flying robot.

*jaw drop*

"What.... what the [REDACTED]?!"

Run behind my newly pimped compatriot, shouting to Ropey and my NPC friend to follow, but only if they see an opening, otherwise cover us and fall back.

If I see an opening to get some shots off cast "44 ixc" while facing an enemy. Full comp and full aiming rolls for either one guy, or up to two if they look like they're both going to get the drop on us. Use full MDEF to try and stay behind my friend or to simply dive out of the way/behind something. Only use my sword if an enemy gets close enough to us or we get close enough to one that I can use it without excessively risking being shot.
[TRAN: 10/5] Spell.
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 2 vs. 0] Spell Attack on first soldier.
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 4 vs. 0] Spell Attack on second soldier.
Following you friend, who has helpfully drawn everyone's fire, you turn to face the soldiers as jagged shards of obsidian twist into existence before your chest, firing off one by one, each shard finding their mark. They're probably still alive, but probably not for long and certainly not in any state to fight effectively anymore.

Well, the entire facility probably has realized that they're under attack, and foe who has lived the longest was the one you summoned. Good job.

"The APC should still be in perfect condition and your plan sounds reasonable to me. Let us do that. And if it fails, well... death is not a concept we have to concern ourselves with."

Let's execute Beirus' plan.
The plan is as follows:
Go to the APC, preferably sneakily.
Remove my suit and set it aside if it's still going to be dead weight once the last of the armor gives out.
Drive the APC backwards at full speed towards the building, with Ladlemonger by the back door, to hopefully have enought momentum to keep going if something fries our systems. Try not to be touching anything conductive.
Have the Ladlemonger use Caladlebolg to blast the winds around the building and the wall of the building to weaken it before we impact.
Yell "Yippee Kie Yay, motherfuckers" slightly before impact.
Impact, hopefully pushing at least a good portion of the APC inside the building and plugging the hole.
Haul ass out the back and head upwards the fastest we can go. Or downwards or wherever Jus says the anomaly-causing thingy is, watching for more of those mines, spiders, spotters, and other threats. Kill any spotters we see inside on our way. Maybe have Ladlemonger use his Equipment Check on the building to get a more precise location, because I remember either you or Empi saying it could do that back when I asked about the Cancerous Power Core.

Gear purged. Sneaking successful.

You rev the engine, engaging the reverse gear and positioning yourself in the center, the Ladlemonger crouching on the lip of the rear opening. One hand on the top of the doorway and another grasping Caladlebolg near its the end given the confines.

Once you get close you can see two watchers shadowing you, they appear more solidly than the others, half-emerging from the wind-wall appearing almost gleeful at your approach. The Ladlemonger begins swinging the ladle unleashing the corrosive blasts, which do little to dissipate the horrific wind.

"Yippee Kie Yay, motherfuckers!"

Impact. Sort of. You hit the edge of the wind wall, and though it is evidently far from solid, there's an immediate jolt as the APC lurches to the side and several holes are punched in its plating by hyper-sonic hail.

[MDEF vs. UTAR: 8 vs. 6] Whitmore's face versus shrapnel.
[MDEF vs. UTAR: 4 vs. 6] O'Greenahan's face versus shrapnel.

The Ladlemonger dives down, dodging the spray of projectiles as they scythe through the APC towards you as their momentum carries through the wall, you move, but not far enough as several strike you in the chest causing severe bleeding. Okay, there's also the usual sharp agony and whatnot, but that's not exactly going to impact your enjoyment of a good steak. Death by blood-loss is.

You cough up a spray of blood which one of the watchers uses to appear in front of you as a with a leering grin of vindication. Or maybe it's face is just frozen like that. The APC with its drive-shaft severely wounded and not designed to cope with snow drifts slows to a halt one hundred meters from the black monolith at the center of the storm. Lightning and ice race around the looming structure it in an infinitely twirling double helix which weaves through great holes through the building with edges like those of bismuth crystals.

The noise in here is deafening with roaring wind forming a great chorus of moaning whistles and tumbling roars through shattered suggestions of obliterated buildings and strange formations of blue ice. Above you see a great winged beast circling the tower.

A shot rings out. The sanguine watcher collapsing back into a small pool of blood. As soon as it drops another takes its place some distance away, the other one that was watching from the wall stands next to it. Never liked spotters, did you? Your dismiss your bound weapon and stumble out of the van.

So lessons learned: one, these grinning fools can apparently manifest from blood; two, you have a punctured lung and are probably slowly drowning in your own blood; three, the APCs really need more armor.

You you want to use the Equipment Check now or later? Because it can't be targeted like Bio Scan can.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<
Turn 37
|
Turn 38
|
Turn 39
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_Art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blazing Glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 05:44:28 am by Empiricist »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Turns might be a bit erratic in frequency for the next few weeks due to finals.))

blazing glory

((Are all the foes in the immediate area besides the boar dead?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yep, more or less. The ones Bigf00t hit aren't quite dead yet, but they're dying of shock anyway.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Okay Soteriologist, wish me luck- It's hero time!"

Dude, not original.
I suppose I'll have to come up with a better catchphrase later...

You know Memento Mori? Let's use it. It will show the paths that lead to certain, likely, and probable death. Hypothetically, it should show the method of attack with least chance of death to self. If it does, do it. If attacked, dodge.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

((Yep, more or less. The ones Bigf00t hit aren't quite dead yet, but they're dying of shock anyway.))
Aaahahhhhhh damnit. I should not have made that boar :P Oh well!
"SECOND VERSE, SAME AS THE FIRST! MOSTLY!"

Cast "22 ixc" at the boar (fight fire with fire! ;D ), other than that go take a gun or two from the most dead soldiers. I may need it.
Use mobile defense to dodge out of the way of the boar if necessary, and don't be afraid to test the guns on the boar if I get a chance.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

((Well, it most certainly cannot dodge in midair, unless it feels like ignoring inertia.
How weaponizable is particle sweep right now? I mean is it within realm of possibility to jump right next to him and release enough of accelerated particles to annihilate it? Can I do double jump back and forth fast enough to gain increased destructive power?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Aww. Damn it, MDEF, you failed me. I shouldn't have taken the armor off.))

"That didn't *gurgle* go as well as I had hoped. Drowning in my own blood. That's like number *gurgle* two on my list of the worst way to die. Fuck this *gurgle* storm. Ladlemonger, you got any ideas?"

Let Whitmore try his ideas out. It's TRANS to resist, right? Don't outright deny the magic so much as control it to heal me and shape me into a better version of myself. Better as in not bleeding to death or corrupted beyond recognition, and maybe with the ability to fire off necrotic blasts and beams and whatnot. Or to control that energy through my will. If that doesn't work and I'm not dead, check the APC quickly for a med kit or anything that might help, like mysterious syringes or something. Then try to get inside the building.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:04:23 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

blazing glory

Back off as swiftly as possible, if the boar makes a go at me then MDEF dodge either way that has open space in it, except up, unless I'm trapped.

If it DOES make a go which it probably will, use my LTAR to make another swing after dodging.

Dismiss my broom, take out my vacuum cleaner, and...fire at the boar, preferably keep firing until the boar is dead or I run out of ammo, using all my UTAR.

Fire out 1f a8 sabb with all COMP at the boar as well with the same UTAR pool.

((If I understand how the rules work anyways.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, it most certainly cannot dodge in midair, unless it feels like ignoring inertia.
How weaponizable is particle sweep right now? I mean is it within realm of possibility to jump right next to him and release enough of accelerated particles to annihilate it? Can I do double jump back and forth fast enough to gain increased destructive power?))
((As long as you're fine with damaging your surroundings, yes. Though you're in mid-air, in the middle of a warzone so whatever you do hit probably isn't occupied right now anyway.))

((If I understand how the rules work anyways.))
((Yep, your actions are perfectly valid.))
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 69