Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 176453 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Saving Captain O'Greenahan
« Reply #615 on: May 02, 2016, 05:58:42 am »

((Looks like I really am the Lord of Undeath. I see three possible explanations for my survival. 1. Death is done with my revival bullshit and no longer wants me. 2. Recovering from deadly wounds is one of the boons of becoming the Ladlemonger. 3. It's the work of my now broken armor.))

"The Ladlemonger has arrived! I have vanquished the roc!"

Go inside the building and look for the one they call O'Greenahan. Should I notice something hostile (which would mean the lighting spiders and the spotters that Beirus mentioned) - let it feel the wrath of Caladlebolg. If I see something weird - throw a ladle at it and apply Caladlebolg if it proves necessary. But before doing any of that, cast "12 otrm".
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:46:57 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

blazing glory

« Reply #616 on: May 02, 2016, 06:20:42 am »

"Should we go guns blazing or try something a little more sneaky? I have ideas for both so I want to know what you think."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 02, 2016, 06:55:33 am »

((Series of short jumps around the plaza would probably kill everything. Is it possible to change orientation during jump so most of high-energy particles are aimed to specific direction?))

Broadcast with speakers if I have external ones, use radio if not: "Greetings, Ao Shi is back. I see party started while I was getting the big guns. Now let's pull the plug from these party lights!"

Start shooting strobes with the turret. If Red can assist with targeting (Bio scan) to measurable degree, then use it too. Objective is to eliminate as many strobes as possible to give soldiers better change to see actual enemy.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 02, 2016, 06:57:13 am »

((Series of short jumps around the plaza would probably kill everything. Is it possible to change orientation during jump so most of high-energy particles are aimed to specific direction?))
((It's aimed in the direction you're jumping in.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 02, 2016, 07:01:23 am »

((Hi-tech battering ram then.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 02, 2016, 08:52:42 am »

"I... I... yes. A first aid kit would be wonderful right now."

James pauses for a moment, then gathers up several wolf head shards. His employers might find them interesting. Afterwards, he follows his handler's guidance to find a first aid kit.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 02, 2016, 06:34:22 pm »

((It's aimed in the direction you're jumping in.))
((You could jump say west then jump further west and jump east into the previous blast creating the effect of turning 180 during the first jump but that is taxing on the envelope (which is bad) and requires successful entry of the jump macro (which if you fuck up is very very bad). So if you want to play a game of particle-deathray-tennis go ahead but it would be ill advised most of the time.))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 02, 2016, 09:19:03 pm »

((Actually, Corsair, the second westerly jump would scoop up and reaccelerate the initial blast. It isn't a teleport, it just compresses space in front of it, which has the side-effect of scooping up and accelerating matter in front of it.

Plus even if you could, you'd have another westerly blast from the second jump which you'd have to to race and recapture, and so on, until you have a Ponzi Scheme that involves superluminal mechs and spontaneous death rays, which I don't think many consumer-protection agencies will be happy about.))
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:42:32 pm by Empiricist »

blazing glory

« Reply #623 on: May 02, 2016, 09:48:01 pm »

((I am curious, would it be possible to use JOLLY COOPERATION to pool our COMP for particularly large spells))?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 03, 2016, 03:17:20 am »

((I am curious, would it be possible to use JOLLY COOPERATION to pool our COMP for particularly large spells))?
((AFAIK it isn't covered in the rules and was an option in perplexicon so sure, if only to magnify your potential to fuck up  :P))
NB: Co-operative casting does require certain materials.
((Actually, Corsair, the second westerly jump would scoop up and reaccelerate the initial blast. It isn't a teleport, it just compresses space in front of it, which has the side-effect of scooping up and accelerating matter in front of it.

Plus even if you could, you'd have another westerly blast from the second jump which you'd have to to race and recapture, and so on, until you have a Ponzi Scheme that involves superluminal mechs and spontaneous death rays, which I don't think many consumer-protection agencies will be happy about.))
((True, perhaps by chaining multiple jumps of 1 degree off previous direction to make a circle? Problem is that you would need so many that you would have a blast of frankly ludicrous proportions by the end; approximately 77.4 PetaJoules or 1228 times more powerful than little boy.))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:22:28 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 03, 2016, 05:45:45 am »

((So I could write a macro to make a double jump in direction the frame is moving, which upon activation causes a lot of radiation and damage in the end point? Sounds something I might want to do later.))
Old sigs.
Games.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 03, 2016, 05:56:39 am »

((You could just do one longer jump and that'd have the same effect. I mean, whenever you jump you will be messing up whatever's in the direction you're jumping in, it's just a matter of how much.))

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 03, 2016, 10:58:17 am »

"Should we go guns blazing or try something a little more sneaky? I have ideas for both so I want to know what you think."
"I'm good with hearing both, I like stealth, but I'm not entirely against running in swinging this sword wildly, provided you have an ok plan for it. Hey, got to be some perks to near immortality... right?"
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

blazing glory

« Reply #628 on: May 03, 2016, 01:40:46 pm »

"Well...it's not a PLAN, per se, just an idea, but if what you've given me is more or less accurate, I'm thinking we could try a rather big spell, 12 f1 a8, to be precise."

"It could either kill us all or just kill them, but it'd probably do the trick."

((I'm pretty sure the result will be hilariously horrifying and probably has a greater chance of killing everyone instead of everyone-who-isn't-us, but we should do it, just for the sheer horror.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 03, 2016, 01:52:02 pm »

((I'm pretty sure the result will be hilariously horrifying and probably has a greater chance of killing everyone instead of everyone-who-isn't-us, but we should do it, just for the sheer fun.))
((Fixed it for you.))
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 69