Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 176486 times)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - RNG Murderspree 2: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #510 on: February 19, 2016, 02:39:59 am »

((BEIRUS, BLAZING, PENCIL_ART; Your posts are not here yet. Post so we can murder you all with electro-mecha and metal wolves.))
I like your style.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 19, 2016, 03:46:04 am »

((Beirus, you may want to specify how to dodge/deflect the attacks of the birds, as in, give us a direction to for you to dodge in or something. Otherwise they'll hit you if you fail to kill them all since you have no defensive action.

And I don't think anyone Corsair mentioned is currently fighting either electro-mecha or metal wolves :P))
((It's been edited. Also, I guess that means transcendence doesn't work like that. Thanks for crushing my dreams, Empiricist.  :P))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 19, 2016, 01:20:04 pm »

"Uhhhhh I have no idea what's going on with my life right now, so let's try another!"

I forget, am I picking one?  If so, pick one of the ones I haven't at random.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 20, 2016, 08:02:24 pm »

((Pick what? The Flight of Fantasy missions? Those one are just assigned by the whims of the GM and co-GM :P

Oh and in case you two were curious:

Pencil_Art you had hidden TRAN rolls the whole time. Mission was supposed to be just the smog and entities that live within it slowly creeping in, forcing you to fight your way further in with the difficulty fluctuating over time. However you just kept on rolling amazingly well, managing to keep it at bay until that staircase wherein you proceeded to just repeatedly crit-fail. Your carbine was stupidly powerful, it would have covered the entire area around you in shadows, summon figures out of the shadows and subsequently had those figures open fire with powerful magical blasts that were incapable of damaging the contents of the ship.

Toaster, you well, you were already on the leftmost train thus the train on your left was a trap. If you actually shot at the lines between the bees, you could have actually interrupted their attacks. Though over time, they'd attack more regularly and be more aggressive until you were just being chased by a mechanical dragon made out of solar bees that wields a gatling gun made out of solar bees that can fire solar bees at you like bullets or turn its barrel into a quasar that ejects radiation at you. A good deal of the loot wasn't actually too useful, just distractions to give the bees more time. So what the bow-blade would have down when you pulled the trigger is to just unleash this massive blast of styrofoam. Oh and that toaster? It originally fired enormous flaming blades but risked screwing you over every time you fired. Placing it on the altar changed it so that the blades were a different elements and would have made it screw you differently. You probably could have survived that punch normally, but well, the RNG really, really hated you.))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:06:02 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 28, 2016, 04:25:15 am »

"Um... hello. Soteriologist? Any suggestions?"

No, bullets probably won't work... those things are steel or something...
The gravity gun might slow them down... but it won't stop them for long enough.
If only I was a wizard.
Well, technically I am a wizard... I just have absolutely no idea how to do any decent magic.
Which makes it a very bad idea to try.
Which basically means I should...
RUN. But slowly unless they go into attack mode.
You could try one of the words as a distraction? Sure... risky, yeh? But you're a hero! Risk is a third of what being a hero's all about!
So long as you RUN afterwards. Seriously. Do it. Just because you're a hero doesn't make you invincible, wizard boy.
Wait, since when do I have voices in my head? Other than Soteriologist, anyway?
You're a hero now. That means you've got an Audience. Deal with it.

James whispers "ixc" under his breath towards the hounds, then turns and RUNS away, activating Memento Mori and following the path least likely to get him killed.
Code: (SOTERIOLOGIST) [Select]
Try shooting.

The Loremaster Consortium are not ones to waste a perfectly good asset.
Not when people such as yourself are the lifeblood of their ops.

[COMP: 4/3] Outlines erupt from your chest, each the shape of a bullet. They spray towards the murderous art installations doing nothing due to their insubstantial nature. Well, looks like you've found a promising addition to your magical arsenal.

You start running back the way you came, wolves in hot pursuit. They're catching up to you, but not nearly as quickly as they should, thanks to Memento Mori showing you that vaulting over the desks is not something they were expecting, combined with the fact that you're able to do so flawlessly. Still, you can't run forever. Okay, yeah, you sort of can, but it's not going to be helping much with completing your objectives.

Summon toolbox, offer lunch dumped on the ground. Dump as many lunches as possible in the time I have left.

"Here..."
The time you have left turns out to be quite a lot of time as your actions seem to have confused it, like offering an axe-murderer balloons when he runs at you flailing with the weapon of his trade while wearing a clown costume drenched in blood.

It looks at you and at the growing pile of lunches before up the lunches and begins adding sandwich battlements to the castles and constructing moats out of pumpkin soup. The electrical discharge across its glossy black carapace lessens. Well, looks like you've placated it, or at least distracted it long enough to make your escape.

"The ladle can do ranged? Let's do that then."

Let's try to knock out his cameras with some ranged attacks.
[UTAR: AUTOSUCCESS] Your ladle wreaths itself in a corona of green discharges as you swing it, discharging an inky black wave that roils through the air. Your foe is prepared however. Your foe was expecting that. Your foe is completely oblivious to the properties of your weapon. It unleashes a blast from its gateway weapon, a blast that ineffectually blows through your attack, doing absolutely nothing as their frame's head degrades and rusts.

Your foe quickly recovers, raising both of its heavy cannons and opening fire.

Code: (JUS_AD_BELLUM) [Select]
You know the drill, primary cameras disabled, more cameras in the core.

"Well, the research center sounds about right. After dealing with that we need to handle the thing that keeps dropping these things all over the floor. Say, anyone wanna come with me hunting the big game?"

Persuasion. Word: be.
The soldier struggles internally for a bit, looking as if the Devil himself was trying to force them to fellate one of the grenade launchers or something.
"What, now? No! Hell, no! Look, we can cover you but good luck trying to fight that thing close up. No way in hell I'm going up against that again. We'll certainly be rooting for you and we'll try and give you some fire support but that thing we don't wanna go near."
You could have already guessed that response before they even finished speaking seeing as you saw money surreptitiously changing hands along with clicks of their internal comms.

[COMP: 4/1] You summon the image of a glaive which disappears like all the others before it.

Mutter:
"Yea, I'm alright with some menial work, I could do with something completely menial to turn completely mental. By Accident I swear. Pray tell"

Wander off in whatever direction he indicates, and mutter (my follower will learn sooner or later, so eh, but if hes not paying attention I'm fine with that):
"06" [Dedicate 7/14 COMP]
"07" [Dedicate 7/14 COMP]
Code: (DECHOHERENT) [Select]
Good, in the Shade Research building, the server bunkers should have the files. Files will have PROTECTOR or something similar somewhere in their name.

You walk for a few minutes through the deserted streets of the 4th floor, cars abandoned and once busy promenades empty of people. The building of shade research is a large series of wide, squat glass buildings surrounded by a large parking

[COMP: 7] Fizzle
[COMP: 7/3] You summon a large globule of clear liquid that splashes onto the ground and begins to rapidly evaporate smelling extremely strongly of paint thinner and leaving the section of footpath in front of you far cleaner than before. Your squire's eyes open wide in what is hopefully awe and not a feeling that he must burn you at the stake for being a witch.

Enslave those birds to my will through Transcendence. Or at least calm them down so they don't attack me or my squad  Failing that, unleash my Bound AIAR on them on full auto, all barrels firing. If they get too close, hit them with my plasma sword instead. Try not to break anything near my squad. If shit goes south, tell them to retreat, then attempt to buy enough time for them to get out of here. If I need to dodge, try to get out through a side door or window, or roll further back into the building, maybe putting some doors or furniture between me and the birds.
Vaulting over the desk, you conjure the assault rifle into your hand and discharge all four barrels at once, spitting force a hellish stream of white-hot metal at the remaining birds.

[UTAR vs MDEF: 3 vs. 3] The birds narrowly dodge the hypersonic deluge. Darn. Why can't they just squawk around in their trees, shitting everywhere like all the other birds?
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 3 vs. 1, 3] However, they are unable to actually hit you either. Lovely. Guess everyone's aim is off today.

The figure has collapsed and risen in one of the corners and continues staring at you.

Derek starts this game again.
You are surrounded by glowing purple energy as you warp through space-time to somewhen, somewhere or other.

You are in the cockpit of some sort of AF, the readouts holographically projected into the air before you. There is debris field spreading around you in all directions for what must be hundreds, even thousands of kilometers. You see a battle of an immense size a few kilometers away, flashes of laser fire flicker, or rather their aftermaths between the sides in an invisible hail of omnidirectional destruction.

The readouts make very little sense partially due to the fact that they seem to be written in complete gibberish with many characters you cannot recognize. The pictures and numbers are moderately more informative; primarily a full picture of your AF which has an angular aerodynamic design going on. You also figure out how to look at your hands like a stoner which you proceed to do as they appear to have no joints or internal rotating parts whatsoever, which makes the "movement" thing rather paradoxical. Weapons are a bit inconclusive, with a pair of pictures either side of the frame, the left one looks like a rifle although more angular and stripped down, generally space-y. The right image appears to be a metal ring in which are a dozen blades evenly spaced around it the ring appears to have some sort of tech-y thing in the middle. In the same position as the start bar are a bunch of icons evenly spaced across the screen.

Icon 1: A "T" with the middle of the vertical line shifted to the left so that the right pixel of the shifted section is diagonal to the left pixel of the central shaft.
Icon 2: An asterisk star.
Icon 3: A circle with an "x" through it.

A message flickers onto your view screen:
"Destroy enemy forces. Allowed active time is 300 seconds."

Lewis smiles.

"Well, lets just say the writing was on the wall."

"Don't worry, nothing...drastic will happen, but you might want to reconsider how you spend your free time."

Turn around and walk out of the bar.

"Okay, so it worked, but how exactly does this benefit me? I don't get the feeling you want me to idle out my time and randomly try bits of magic that doesn't work."

Try the next bit of magic that doesn't work, "84".
[COMP: 7/1] You summon the shimmering image of an ornate chestplate which dissipates into nothingness.

"Uh... um okay I understand..."
He stutters before downing his beer and immediately paying the barkeep for two more.

Code: (TZINCAIN) [Select]
There's more than just magic.

Time halts. You cannot move. But you can still think. You can still cast your gaze around you, looking at your surroundings. Pale lines trace out at random, aiming at you, each of them bearing a time until impact and a ring around their seemingly arbitrary origins, representing the delay until the next shot. Ghostly images race out of you, ducking and weaving through the barrage, some of them run along the walls, others conjure the revolver and shoot the bullets of the air. The images vanish and time resumes once more.

Code: (TZINCAIN) [Select]
We have enhanced your reflexes, your agility, your coordination.
We have combat data to assist you as well.
Your spells do nothing because you are summoning forms without defining the substances from which they are made.
There is work to be done elsewhere, get somewhere secluded, I'll call in a favor.

"Uhhhhh I have no idea what's going on with my life right now, so let's try another!"

I forget, am I picking one?  If so, pick one of the ones I haven't at random.
>We require something
>A set of specimens
>the great
>Volatile and dangerous specimens:
>Follow us if you would

They lead you to the crackling orange doorway, after you step through the gateway you are dressed in your normal clothes in addition to a pith helmet and three Polaroid photographs. One depicts a wolf made of steel, its body looking like a semi-abstract sculpture. One is a skeleton wielding a brass flywheel attached to some kind of mechanical apparatus. One is what appears to be a high-tech gimp suit hard to tell from the lens flare coming off of the burning silver blade in its hand.

You are at a bus station on Floor 1 in all its Detroit-esque glory. It's not as swell as you remember it. There buildings have been evidently scarred by stray shots that seem to have torn sizable holes through them.

They hand you a literal ten foot pole, terminating in a tightenable noose of icy blue metal.
>We have altered this implement's properties
>Your Unbound Targeting protocols are compatible with it now
>Hunt down your targets, ensnare them
>They whey are subdued press them against their photo to capture
>You will be rewarded for each one

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 28, 2016, 04:28:10 am »

<
Turn 27
|
Turn 28
|
Turn 29
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_Art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blazing Glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:19:25 am by Empiricist »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 28, 2016, 04:38:43 am »

((Okay, the current method clearly isn't working out. Having a turn every month or so thanks to waiting on people who understandably have rather busy lives and far greater priorities is too slow. Instead, from now on, we'll endeavor to try and post at least one turn every week (as long as we don't have an exam block or something important going on of course).))

blazing glory

« Reply #517 on: February 28, 2016, 05:17:01 am »

"Substances huh? So if I keep going through this list I'll eventually hit on something I can make things out of?"

Go back to my apartment.

Moar magic:"-O"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 28, 2016, 09:33:07 am »

"That's step one of my plan. Now for step two."

Start moving around unpredictably. Try to get out of the sight of his cameras. Launch more corrosive aura at him. Aim for his cannons now. Warp his barrels so that he cannot fire them without destroying his own arms. Then launch one of my skeletons and close in for a melee strike on the core.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 28, 2016, 05:25:29 pm »

"Shooting. You want me... to try shooting at them. I'm an action hero, not a demigod! And I don't think bullets can even hurt those things!"
Calm down, idiot. Sure, maybe bullets can't hurt them, but you have other options, remember?
"Alternatively..."

James conjures his bound fire axe, then lobs it at the closest wolf. He keeps running afterwards.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 29, 2016, 06:27:56 am »

Yay! Moar updates!

Also yay! Acetone!.. wait.

To my follower:
"Oh yea, kinda forgot to mention. I can do magic. Don't know why exactly, but 'the powers that be' decided to give me awesome powers of my own in order to do... something about saving the world. In this case grab some files.
In case you were wondering how I ended up riding a neodymium magnet murderbear... yea. I have no idea what most of this stuff does, but I'm slowly getting the grips of it.
"

"d0 22"

Grab the (hopefully save and/or usable) sword, scan the carpark for threats and if seemingly safe head on in through the least dangerous looking entrance. Or the front door, whatever works.

To my follower:
"Hey, you were the one who said 'experience is as valuable as gold' right? I doubt you'd get this carnival ride elsewhere. Then again you might, the world has gotten pretty weird lately."
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 29, 2016, 12:40:01 pm »

"That dangerous, huh? Guess I need to prepare a bit more. Good thing I may have some blackbox tech available. Unreliable stuff, but it may help."

22 84. Probably cool armor if RNG is nice. Wear it if it works. Probe how their opinions change if it produces anything tangible. Maybe more willingness to tag along?
And get a verbal map to predicted target location of next core.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 02, 2016, 04:52:26 am »

Keep shooting. If there is an opening, try to get back outside.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 06, 2016, 02:18:09 am »

"Substances huh? So if I keep going through this list I'll eventually hit on something I can make things out of?"

Go back to my apartment.

Moar magic:"-O"
You head back to your apartment through the fire escape once more and cast your spell.
[COMP: 3] Fizzle.

Code: (TZINACAN) [Select]
Wrong list. Substances are in one of the sections you haven't used.

Hold still, you'll be helping someone get the data we need.

A shimmering orb of thousands of shifting points of light enters your apartment, phasing straight through the wall. It shifts and whirls its lights like thousands of cogs and belts of a mechanism beyond your understanding. It floats up to your chest height and grows larger, you notice several lights flicker and begin to drown out as it grows to your size. Just before the lights give out it floats through your chest with a slightly sticky feeling over your body, and you are instantly transported into a parking lot somewhere else.

You can see three buildings and several guards on each. Just a car over, you can see a shoddily equipped soldier from the SL forces and someone else in SL uniform carrying a strange rifle and silver sword, he is also followed by a horse made of rope.

"That's step one of my plan. Now for step two."

Start moving around unpredictably. Try to get out of the sight of his cameras. Launch more corrosive aura at him. Aim for his cannons now. Warp his barrels so that he cannot fire them without destroying his own arms. Then launch one of my skeletons and close in for a melee strike on the core.
[MDEF vs. UTAR: 2 vs. 10] Your foe begins broadcasting on an unencrypted channel once again, but that familiar voice is nowhere to be heard. Instead, it's just blaring out cutesy J-pop beneath heavy static. It also proceeds to knee-cap your frame. Thankfully, the legs are still functional albeit a bit unsteady.

[UTAR vs. SDEF: 0 vs. 10] You however do still manage to more waves of corrosion, aimed at their heavy cannons. They predictably intercept, this time their more solid rounds crashing against the ripples, corroding into naught but canceling out your attack as well. Mostly. There's some residue left, which strikes their weapons, visibly rusting their barrels.

Code: (JUS_AD_BELLUM) [Select]
Heavy cannons damaged. Accuracy lowered.
No meaningful loss of structural integrity.
Both have 9 rounds remaining.

One of skeletons stands up, salutes you, and flies upwards as you close in for a ladle swing. Your foe stands their ground, aims both its cannons at your core, and suddenly swings its arms upwards, discharging both rounds into the skeleton, blowing it apart. As one of the severed hands, flipping the bird at your foe, falls you make your swing.

[LTAR vs. MDEF: 1 vs. 4] Before you can hit its core however, your foe's thrusters activate, launching it backwards at an angle, sending it airborne and out of the path of your swing and its aftermath.

"Shooting. You want me... to try shooting at them. I'm an action hero, not a demigod! And I don't think bullets can even hurt those things!"
Calm down, idiot. Sure, maybe bullets can't hurt them, but you have other options, remember?
"Alternatively..."

James conjures his bound fire axe, then lobs it at the closest wolf. He keeps running afterwards.
Code: (SOTERILOGIST) [Select]
The weight gun. Not the peashooter.

[UTAR vs. SDEF: 0 vs. 1] Your axe precipitates into your hand as you run, the swinging of your arms allowing you to quickly assess its weight and point of balance. Spinning upon your heel, you turn around and hurl it at the nearest wolf, running backwards whilst doing so. It makes no attempt to dodge, the axe head impacting one of its legs. It tears through it with seemingly supernatural force and continues onwards, its spinning form effortlessly cleaving apart all four limbs in some sprays of that same viscous liquid you saw earlier. Yet before its body hits the ground, it has already recovered, new legs manifesting in faint flashes of light.

Code: (SOTERIOLOGIST) [Select]
I take that back. They're weaker than they look, it seems.

It's stride barely interrupted, it lunges at you. As time halts once more, you note that the others are still a bit too far away to reach you. Right now, you are crossing back into the lobby.

Yay! Moar updates!

Also yay! Acetone!.. wait.

To my follower:
"Oh yea, kinda forgot to mention. I can do magic. Don't know why exactly, but 'the powers that be' decided to give me awesome powers of my own in order to do... something about saving the world. In this case grab some files.
In case you were wondering how I ended up riding a neodymium magnet murderbear... yea. I have no idea what most of this stuff does, but I'm slowly getting the grips of it.
"

"d0 22"

Grab the (hopefully save and/or usable) sword, scan the carpark for threats and if seemingly safe head on in through the least dangerous looking entrance. Or the front door, whatever works.

To my follower:
"Hey, you were the one who said 'experience is as valuable as gold' right? I doubt you'd get this carnival ride elsewhere. Then again you might, the world has gotten pretty weird lately."
[COMP: 8/4] You get a silver-bladed, single-edged sabre the blade shifts and whirls constantly like warm honey. It has perfect balance and appears to weigh very little.

You approach the carpark and see that the building is in lockdown with several security guards patrolling the roofs and (fortunately) a lot of cars in the car-park which cover your approach. You can see several signs saying "WARNING: Trespassers may be fired upon" on the building and in the far end of the carpark. There are three buildings that are near you. The central tower that is 4 stories tall and covered in glass but it appears to have shutters behind that have closed to protect the squishy people inside. There is a sniper & spotter team on top of it watching the streets, next to the central tower are two wings which are three stories tall each and have ten guards on each armed with a mix of LMGs, assault rifles and shotguns. None have noticed you yet, and there appears to be an additional building behind the three front ones.

Code: (DECHOHERENT) [Select]
Another unit is being tasked to your position to improve odds of success, standby while their waveform is adjusted.

"That dangerous, huh? Guess I need to prepare a bit more. Good thing I may have some blackbox tech available. Unreliable stuff, but it may help."

22 84. Probably cool armor if RNG is nice. Wear it if it works. Probe how their opinions change if it produces anything tangible. Maybe more willingness to tag along?
And get a verbal map to predicted target location of next core.

[COMP: 8/4]
Your spell conjures up what appears to be a highly advanced chestplate. It is jet black and has a matte coating but when you look at it from the side it shimmers with a mirror sheen. Underneath is a layer of what appears to be kevlar that also covers the joints where the armor isn't. It has several sections in the armor plates allowing for great flexibility up to the tips of the shoulder blades where there is a single solid unit that reaches up to the nape of your neck. It has a central heatsink and two cylindrical batteries(?)) that poke out slightly from underneath the plate covering most of it. There are several fine pipelines that seem to lead to the fabric sections where they blend in perfectly.

The soldiers though evidently surprised by your little conjuration, don't say a word, as if acknowledging your blatant wizardry will be last straw that tears apart whatever scarce verisimilitude of reality remains to reveal the hellish abyss of demons and eldritch fuckery that lies beneath. Not a word to you at least - you hear the clicking of their radios again and more money changes hands, by the looks of it, the odds for you just improved. Finally, after settling their finances, one of them speaks:
"Aw hell, okay, do you have any more fancy tricks up your sleeves? It burns through armor, and once it's through,"
He cringes
"A bullet's the only thing we can do for ya."
Another one pipes up.
"The building the core may be in is down the stairs and at the end of the third street on the left. It's one of those corporate buildings."
"Tell you what, we'll act as overwatch, move a few people upstairs where there's a clearer view, give you covering fire, that sort of thing. No way we're going against that thing directly again though, I can't endanger the rest of my squad like that."

Keep shooting. If there is an opening, try to get back outside.
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 1 vs. 2] You continue firing and they continue dodging, lovely. ((No, their MDEF isn't particularly high, the RNG just hates you right now.))
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 5 vs. 2] They again swoop in through your bullets and begin slashing at you. Of course, it doesn't do much because you manage to dive out of the way of their crackling talons and run back outside. Right back in range of your squad.

[UTAR vs. MDEF: 5, 5, 0 vs. 5] Oh dear, it looks like we might be here for a while. The storm has worsened with the wind and rain intensifying, and seeing as your squad couldn't hit before in better conditions wherein they didn't have to worry about the risk of hitting you, it probably isn't too surprising that they all proceed to miss. Novjoy and Johnny by the barest of margins. Mirai, on the other hand, well, let's just say that her subsonic ammunition isn't doing her any favors.

The figure continues staring at you from the center of the lobby.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:34:58 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 06, 2016, 02:18:34 am »

<
Turn 28
|
Turn 29
|
Turn 30
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_Art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blazing Glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:15:50 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 69