Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 177002 times)

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - RNG murder spree
« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2015, 02:14:55 pm »

"...We really, really should do it." He looked over at his companion, grinning widely. "You wanna pilot? I'm terrible with shooting things." Actually, run the hell away! While spraying my fire extinguisher behind us so it can't actually see us. If we pass by any broken doors, use Work damnit so they automatically close. Make sure my co-worker's infront of me at all times, push him forward if he isn't running as fast because aaaah run.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:44:25 am by Shaporia »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2015, 03:32:16 pm »

"Err... how hard could it possibly be?"

Climb into the thingamajig and see if I can figure out to work it. Test the levers. Please don't pull the self destruct. If I pull the self destruct, get out of the mech and whimper. Quickly.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:22:53 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 11, 2015, 04:22:29 pm »

"Good luck!" Miaoko gave him a thumbs up. "Probably really easy once you figure out the controls."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 11, 2015, 09:02:39 pm »

((Uh, just to be clear, what we were trying to imply is that the frame is active. As in, it has a large cannon, and since neither of you have a System League IFF unit, it's going to attack.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 11, 2015, 09:22:26 pm »

"Did reality just reconfigure itself? I think... that perhaps... running is a good idea."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 12, 2015, 12:40:43 am »

"Runrunrunrunrun!" (Woo, action edited.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2015, 09:24:41 am »

"Oh, I get it, right?  I have to win the game to keep my soul, right?  So what are the rules?"

Get rules, follow directions.  If asked to pick a door, the leftmost first.  If violence is implied, cast 44 a5.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 12, 2015, 09:36:06 am »

"Runrunrunrunrun!" (Woo, action edited.)
"Yes. Run!"

Run away. Run! Run! As fast as I can! Activate Memento Mori as I run.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2015, 12:01:53 pm »

The moment he respawned he summoned hallucination of the grimoire and expressed his opinion about it.

"I would like to repeat my doubts about usefulness of magic."

Go left. Pick up any object that can be repurposed as a throwing weapon and as a tool to bash skulls in (or cores of pesky living buildings).
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2015, 06:01:23 am »

((Tradecraft Gained: Luck))

[COMP: -1] Your words go poorly with your heart replaced with a rifle barrel that pierces one of your lungs. Ow.

YOU DIED

((Oh sweet Irony, you are not missed on me))

(To my handler)
"...That went well. As they say, luck truly goes both ways. So by virtue of the fact I am here sarcastically commenting on my own demise I suppose death is a little less 'permanent' for me now? Any quick pointers, like a limited number of lives I should be aware of? Or is every death as you say, just another gamble?".

Try and find some clothes in the tent (if I am missing clothes like the other respawnees) activate "Luck" and try 22 09 again.
If I still have time peek outside the tent. For the nearest barracks if unclothed, or the command tent if clothed. Also to see if there are any troopers nearby and what equipment they have

((Also ~yay~ for achieving the game first negative competency roll! And on my first try too! With a full 8 dice! According to my maths that's... [Attempts to do probability maths]...[gives up and writes C script to brute force calculate the probability]))
Spoiler: Maths and code output: (click to show/hide)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 16, 2015, 01:15:35 pm »

"Jus, were those engineers that got killed also your agents? What exactly are we up against? What caused that storm? And will that storm spread this far?" Beirus asked, making sure his communication channels were closed while he asked. He reopened his team channel after he asked.

"I'm not sure, I'm asking for information right now." He responded to Johnny before opening up a channel so the SL soldiers could hear him.

"It happens. We'll wait for them to get out here before we make any more decisions." Beirus responded before closing the public channel and opening a line to HQ.

"HQ, this is O'Greenahan. I've managed to get the System League to come out of the main building with the engineers peacefully. I haven't had a chance to check any of the facilities outside of the main building yet, but I think that storm might be spreading this way. What's the priority of keeping the facilities versus keeping the engineers safe?"

More talking stuff. When folks come out of the building, try to appear nonviolent by not pointing my autocannon at them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2015, 04:53:38 am »

Derek follows the other guy through the door.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 18, 2015, 05:23:05 am »

((Guess I don't get any stat boosts for my valiant efforts. Oh well.))

"Damn it, so close, yet so far. But never mind that. How am I still alive?"

Get up and investigate my surroundings. Maybe there are some clothes around.

And since I lost my Frame, I might as well start using the Grimoire. "1e 6f"

Code: (JUS_AD_BELLUM) [Select]
Because I wish it to be so.

The warehouse is a simple construction of a thick I-beam skeleton plated with corrugated steel to protect the inside, which is filled to the ceiling with steel shelving and plastic boxes. The boxes do not contain anything particularly useful unless you wanted to attempt to build a suit of armor out of electrical appliances or bludgeon someone with a frying pan. Okay, you may be able to try strangling someone with a power chord, or give dry humping a cheesegrater a go, but let's not go into those possibilities for now.

[COMP: 4] Fizzle.

"...We really, really should do it." He looked over at his companion, grinning widely. "You wanna pilot? I'm terrible with shooting things." Actually, run the hell away! While spraying my fire extinguisher behind us so it can't actually see us. If we pass by any broken doors, use Work damnit so they automatically close. Make sure my co-worker's infront of me at all times, push him forward if he isn't running as fast because aaaah run.
"Yes. Run!"

Run away. Run! Run! As fast as I can! Activate Memento Mori as I run.
You both get out of the room with the sound of exploding office furniture and cubicles behind you as it cycles up a bit late to actually get you. Memento Mori proves quite useful in highlighting a line of "probably not dead" that basically lets James lead Miaoko along in a path that avoids everything in advance. Not too surprising considering that System League frames aren't known for their quality. Like if someone made a car out of paper mache and thought that it was still too good and so decided to use a pocket calculator as the onboard computer. An issue that is worsened by the fact that Miaoko discharged half a fire extinguisher's worth of powder at its optical sensors.

You two do pass through a door, though it isn't broken. So Miaoko doesn't end up using his tradecraft this turn.

"Oh, I get it, right?  I have to win the game to keep my soul, right?  So what are the rules?"

Get rules, follow directions.  If asked to pick a door, the leftmost first.  If violence is implied, cast 44 a5.
>We care not for what does not exist.
>If you win you get a prize, if you lose then you lose.

>You will go through an obstacle course. Rules are simple:
>1: We will provide the equipment.
>2: No refunds or exchanges on the prizes.

>Or you can leave. We will drop you off somewhere in the colony.
>You can always return here later. You need only to be looking for us.

The moment he respawned he summoned hallucination of the grimoire and expressed his opinion about it.

"I would like to repeat my doubts about usefulness of magic."

Go left. Pick up any object that can be repurposed as a throwing weapon and as a tool to bash skulls in (or cores of pesky living buildings).
You find a heavy worn monkey-wrench.

To the left is a long corridor with three exits on the right side of it before it hits a dead end. The smell of fish remains at the same intensity.

"...That went well. As they say, luck truly goes both ways. So by virtue of the fact I am here sarcastically commenting on my own demise I suppose death is a little less 'permanent' for me now? Any quick pointers, like a limited number of lives I should be aware of? Or is every death as you say, just another gamble?".

Try and find some clothes in the tent (if I am missing clothes like the other respawnees) activate "Luck" and try 22 09 again.
If I still have time peek outside the tent. For the nearest barracks if unclothed, or the command tent if clothed. Also to see if there are any troopers nearby and what equipment they have

Code: (DECOHERENT) [Select]
You have only your carried possessions to lose.

You are indeed missing your clothes. Rifling through the boxes you find an assortment of combat rations (powdered meal replacement drinks meant to be added to water) and uniforms (just the uniforms, not the body armor or rank identifiers).

[COMP: 10/8] ((Wow. Now the RNG is just taunting you. You didn't roll a single three there.)) You summon forth a complex weapon. It is similar to a modern assault rifle with the outer protective case made from a metal of some sort instead. It differs in several respects. The sights are very advanced including some sort of leading marker for high velocity targets and a small compass showing magnetic north. Below is an ammo counter of some sort showing a percentage, specifically zero with the message "Connect to power-source for power reading". The trigger and grip are relatively normal except for the material that seems to shift as you hold it the weapon fitting perfectly to your hand. Directly above the trigger on the left side is a finned heat sink. Above it poking through both sides is a cylindrical tank similar to a gas tank with a single heavy duty exposed wire leading into a power port, around the barrel you can see copper coils. The end of the weapon looks like a flash suppressor has been attached to it. The only connector that looks like a power port is a port the shape of a round rectangle with three pins in a row.

You peek outside the tent and see, well, more tents unsurprisingly, erected in orderly rows along the grassy fields. Soldiers move about in a rather relaxed manner. Some are walking alone, others chatting in groups. They are wearing uniforms, most are similar to those found in the boxes, though some of them look quite different. Weapons, vary quite a bit. Some have the same kind of weapons as those favored by NEE forces, others have more foreign weapons instead. Others still, well, what they're wielding should be displayed in a museum, or disassembled in a research facility. You're reasonably certain you saw someone lugging around the bastard child of a shield and a door.

"Jus, were those engineers that got killed also your agents? What exactly are we up against? What caused that storm? And will that storm spread this far?" Beirus asked, making sure his communication channels were closed while he asked. He reopened his team channel after he asked.

"I'm not sure, I'm asking for information right now." He responded to Johnny before opening up a channel so the SL soldiers could hear him.

"It happens. We'll wait for them to get out here before we make any more decisions." Beirus responded before closing the public channel and opening a line to HQ.

"HQ, this is O'Greenahan. I've managed to get the System League to come out of the main building with the engineers peacefully. I haven't had a chance to check any of the facilities outside of the main building yet, but I think that storm might be spreading this way. What's the priority of keeping the facilities versus keeping the engineers safe?"

More talking stuff. When folks come out of the building, try to appear nonviolent by not pointing my autocannon at them.
Code: (JUS_AD_BELLUM) [Select]
One of them was ours. Not mine though.

You are up against, what is for the lack of a better term, an eldritch god.
It is trying to proliferate itself. Well, trying maybe a bit too generous. We aren't entirely convinced that it is sentient.
It might just be closer to a virus or prion in nature.

It is going to try and infect everything. Starting with the easiest targets.
Unfortunately, one of those easy targets caused the Fall.
And if it tries to infect it, it will reactivate.

That storm is a distant kin of sorts to the Black Moon.
It exists because that eldritch entity has reactivated something.
Possibly infected it as well. I am unsure of how large that storm will grow.

"Facility is more important. Not a cheery prospect I know, but with our industrial sectors in the state that they are, and with the storm there... We really need to keep those facilities in order, and if that storm doesn't consume it, we'll be converting it into a hangar to help do recon on it. There's a skyscraper in its center, one that shouldn't be there."

The soldiers and engineers (the Loremaster Technicians are noticeably absent) all move out as one group, with soldiers about equaling engineers in quantity. Unsurprising given the high rate of military service in the League and the tendency for them to spam troops at problems. A PUPPET wanders over, still carrying the loot it had claimed - two nuclear blast cubes, each the size of a small car, which slow it down quite a bit. It looks around in an almost bemused fashion at the remains of the other auto frames. A voice, quiet and vaguely feminine crackles over the radio.
"Well I can't carry all these things, soldiers are yours now, O'Greenahan... also... catch"
You wonder for a second what that refers to before a blast cube smacks into you and the PUPPET flies off with the other one while chuckling.

Derek follows the other guy through the door.
You catch back up with Winston. You also have the peculiar feeling that if the otherworldly being controlling you doesn't start bolding their actions properly soon, you'll be fed to a space kraken. Which is sort of like a black hole. Except with more screaming. And a silly cephalopod outfit glued to its event horizon somehow.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:34:03 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 18, 2015, 05:23:24 am »

<
Turn 13
|
Turn 14
|
Turn 15
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarrack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_Art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nidilap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:20:41 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 18, 2015, 06:52:37 am »

"So, hallucinatory armo-... actually, since you gave me the ability to not die, I guess I should a bit more respectful. 'Jus' fine with you? Anyway, you need anything done? Oh, and... any idea where I am?"

Have one last check for clothes/weapons and exit the warehouse.

Let's try "12 0d" this time.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 69