Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 177069 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - rainbow coloured death
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2015, 12:36:00 pm »

((How do rolls use the stats?  For Comp, for example, is it 1d[Comp], rolling to beat the DC cost of the spell?  What if multiple spells are attempted in one turn?  Oh hey, split the comp between the two spells.  I see where you already said that now.

Or are the answers "It's a secret" and "Try it and see?"))
((Each stat point is a die to roll. Each die is rolled and 1 means -1 for final score, 4-5 is +1 and 6 is +2 for final score. Each word has their own DC class that adds up and which you must beat to do magic succesfully.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2015, 12:38:00 pm »

((What do you guys think? Should I attempt suicide to destroy the LANDSKNECHT?))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2015, 12:46:26 pm »

((Go for it. We get to see how respawning works.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2015, 12:49:17 pm »

((You're basically saying that I'm going to die. Have some faith in my meager abilities.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2015, 12:56:47 pm »

((How do rolls use the stats?  For Comp, for example, is it 1d[Comp], rolling to beat the DC cost of the spell?  What if multiple spells are attempted in one turn?  Oh hey, split the comp between the two spells.  I see where you already said that now.

Or are the answers "It's a secret" and "Try it and see?"))
((Each stat point is a die to roll. Each die is rolled and 1 means -1 for final score, 4-5 is +1 and 6 is +2 for final score. Each word has their own DC class that adds up and which you must beat to do magic succesfully.))

((So Perpublicon mechanics?  Got it; New Arena rolls the same way.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2015, 03:10:59 pm »

Give my teammate one of the pistols and enter the locker room, pistol at the ready. "Is anybody in here?! We're peaceful!" Also see if I can keep anybody from hijacking the rocket chair of doom by disabling it temporarily.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2015, 12:44:37 pm »

Fire on the LANDSKNECHT's core. Try to not die.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - An-other Enemy
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2015, 05:26:20 pm »

((You are able to sacrifice your Action phase (since you probably aren't going to attack, and your Reaction phase still lets you move towards the frame) to use both your stats in your Reaction phase (as in, we roll both, both take effect and incoming attacks have to beat the higher of the two rolls).))

((I'll do that))

Derek attempts to reach the frame again.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2015, 09:45:14 pm »

Keep trying to take down that PUPPET with the autocannon if in control, or presumably the arms if control is lost.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - An-other Enemy
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2015, 09:54:32 pm »

Derek attempts to reach the frame again.
((You already are heading to the cockpit. The problem is that the entire squad of soldiers is shooting at you. Also, please bold your actions it makes them easier find, and means that I don't have to listen to Corsair wanting to make Fred magically contract space herpes.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2015, 03:53:05 pm »

Receive pistol. Weep.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2015, 04:57:21 pm »

Receive pistol. Weep.
Also pat him on the back. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2015, 07:38:14 am »

Well. This is awesome. Perplexicon with mechs? Count me in.

I don't really want to swoop in at the last minute and risk interrupting the respawn-mechanics test, but damn I need to waitlist and get in on this awesomesauce.

Spoiler: Waitlisty Sheety (click to show/hide)

Also please PM me or whatever if you want another pair of Java-compatible programming hands :)) (I've helped make some simple tools for Perplexicons before, and I don't have to know all of the rules to make them, word translators and the like; I understand if not tho, it seems things are going pretty damn well atm anyway!)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2015, 08:05:46 am »

Well. This is awesome. Perplexicon with mechs? Count me in.

I don't really want to swoop in at the last minute and risk interrupting the respawn-mechanics test, but damn I need to waitlist and get in on this awesomesauce.

Spoiler: Waitlisty Sheety (click to show/hide)

Also please PM me or whatever if you want another pair of Java-compatible programming hands :)) (I've helped make some simple tools for Perplexicons before, and I don't have to know all of the rules to make them, word translators and the like; I understand if not tho, it seems things are going pretty damn well atm anyway!)

The enthusiasm is appreciated also the image link just gives me a blank page and a thin grey textured line so might want to check that. Also you are missing a point in external stats. You will start in your home on the 2nd level of the colony (office-worker-ville effectively) which is low to middle socioeconomic households. You have a multitool that can do anything (within reason) in the realm of computer repair and refit. You have a wrist computer that has the indeterminate number of programs of indeterminant functionality and you have enough cables to theoretically connect with any of the major port types but the cables were left unobserved briefly and thus have tangled together utterly. Youtube is still full of cat videos.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2015, 08:11:56 am »

((The image link works fine for me.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 69