Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 171988 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - ArrayIndexOutOfBounds also Murderbears
« Reply #405 on: October 24, 2015, 03:04:18 am »

Ao Shi

Kill the core! Lot's of bullets into it! It must die! And do my best Neo impression if anything tries to attack me.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 24, 2015, 06:53:00 am »

"If you know if there are any of these shards nearby, then drop me off there. Otherwise, drive me to <the place that I got killed horribly by the LANDSKNECHT>."

Get dropped off. Take a look at what I got from looting (my inventory seems to be empty). Attempt "22 ed" and hope that the Dark Lord doesn't strike me down for not using dark magic. If I got dropped off at the place where I got killed previously, check if the LANDSKNECHT is still there.

((I have no idea why I want to go to where the LANDSKNECHT was (and probably still is) so badly. It's obviously a bad idea, but I still want to do it for some reason.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 24, 2015, 07:15:09 am »

((Fuck, forgot about that. Datasheet should be updated with your loot.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 24, 2015, 09:53:59 pm »

"YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

Shout out for my horse to follow if it isn't and continue with my Murderbear Rodeo ((love my datasheet status btw)) and try to steer the Murderbear towards the colony and away from tents/passers-by, activating [LUCK] if it can effect my physical rolls as well. Continue to try and bring the bear under my control.

Ask DECOHERENT what he thinks of the situation/where he thinks I should head, it's probably time I started dealing with some of the problems we already have, rather than exclusively making them ;D (No matter how awesome they may be :P )

But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
((Sig? Sig!))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 03, 2015, 01:01:09 am »

((Ooh, no waitlist. Read the first few pages for flavor, skipped current events for hilarity.))
Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:05:26 am by The Ensorceler »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 03, 2015, 03:08:11 am »

((Hmm, looks like we really should change the starting options sometime. Your sheet looks fine by the way. A Handler (it's meant to that, not "Operator", that error has now been fixed) is basically a contact you can have, someone who lets you use tradecrafts, along with other, things. You can choose to forego one if you wish, in which case you will have a completely different sent of benefits. Currently, all the other players have an Operator.

The available operators are SOTERIOLOGIST, RED_QUEEN, JUS_AD_BELLUM, SMOTHERED_MATE, MALEBRANCHE, TZINACAN, DECOHERENT and SCHROEDINBUG. All of them have at least one player using them currently, except for Smothered Mate.

You'll start off next turn. Which may take a while since myself and Corsair are studying for next week's finals. Though we'll endeavor to get a turn out before this game hibernates for another fortnight or so.))
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:01:02 pm by Empiricist »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 04, 2015, 10:56:32 pm »

Derek continues past, going down the stairs.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 05, 2015, 05:55:21 am »

WHOOPS

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 05, 2015, 08:52:19 pm »

"....huh."

Examine the shiny in the "cage."  Can I get it out?  Can I smash it out?  Try to do either, as appropriate.

Also examine the altar.  If nothing obvious presents itself, reverently place the toaster on it.

The shiny seems to be a violin bow with its handle extended as to form a hilt not unlike that one would find on a sword. Well, aside from the trigger protruding from it of course. The limestone isn't fragile, but you have, as far as you can tell at least, time, and (an infinite quantity of) revolver ammo to spare. Shooting apart the stalagmites and stalactites, you claim your prize.

As for the altar, well, it's in pretty damn good condition and that's before considering that it's been in this dark and dreary cavern for lord knows how long. Despite how well polished it is, it certainly looks old, as if from an age long past. Roughly cut from a solid piece of rock, decorated with the symbols of some dead language. As you place your toaster upon it, its color and details seem to drain, like silver paint washing away. All that remains is a mass of marble carved in the shape of a kitchen appliance.

And then, the light of the cave shifts, rapidly. Some of the fire flies swarm and then scatter, lines of light etching themselves into existence, connecting them together to form a constellation of sorts. Said constellation takes the form of a sword that is now flying towards you.

"Well thanks, nice to know that if a big abomination from beyond comes to eat me I'll have a back up weapon."

"Always did want to use the Fire Escape instead of the normal way out."

Go down the Escape and say '8b' on the way down.
You being heading down the escape and say your word
[COMP: 6/0] You conjure the image of a magnificent quality table from purplish vapor that rapidly disintegrates into nothing.

The alley is pretty deserted the street however is beginning to fill with people once again as the attack from the SL has faltered. Now all they worry about is the damage below from the explosion and secondary, allegedly eldritch blast. Oh and there's the storm above the third floor which is definitely against the norm in terms of relationships between storms and underground colonies with no rain or weather systems.

"Fine, I'll bet ten then. Got my gear too, looks like pre-Fall tech, or something close. Fucking love R&D.  You mind telling me what exactly I'll be doing?" Beirus responds to HQ, looking over his new kit before working his way through the process of equipping the mobility armor and sword.

Equip new shinies. Get orders.
Shinies equipped.

"Orders are simple - you are to investigate the storm, we sent in a LATRANS earlier and horrible death ensued. Hard to tell what happened, there was a lot of screaming and no useful information. Determine, useful information, causes and possible preventative measures against future anomalies. Come back alive, or, at least ensure your dying screams are more information and less incoherent. Best of luck to you, O'Greenahan."

Ao Shi

Kill the core! Lot's of bullets into it! It must die! And do my best Neo impression if anything tries to attack me.
[UTAR vs. SDEF: 3 vs. 0] Your bullet slams into what remains of the core, sending a spiderweb of cracks ripping through it. And then, ripping beyond it, cracking the air beyond and then, the entire room. Everything shatters.

It is like watching reflections in shattered glass, like listening to a surround sound system with its speakers placed haphazardly in different rooms facing different directions. The fleshy tendrils around the room jerk violently then dissolve with a sickening squelch. The meatmen turn to meatmush which proceeds to rapidly sublimate into the smell of rotten flesh. Mr Stabby roars with rage and dissolves into a mass of ephemeral shadows. In the expanse beyond the broken pieces of reality, more rooms appear, only for the cracks to shatter them too. An octahedral cathedral, to an evil eye, and finally to a simple basement made of cinderblock. The basement is a large square room with several sub-rooms of cinder blocks that don't quite reach the ceiling, inside of which are shelving, workbenches and various water, gas and electrical distribution systems. You notice a shiny object that is in the center of the room, it is a small golden diadem.

"Well congratulations, you're in one piece and I didn't need to turn you into Congenital Analgesia Man."
She gestures and sixteen points of red light converge upon you.

Spoiler: LEVEL UP (click to show/hide)

"If you know if there are any of these shards nearby, then drop me off there. Otherwise, drive me to <the place that I got killed horribly by the LANDSKNECHT>."

Get dropped off. Take a look at what I got from looting (my inventory seems to be empty). Attempt "22 ed" and hope that the Dark Lord doesn't strike me down for not using dark magic. If I got dropped off at the place where I got killed previously, check if the LANDSKNECHT is still there.
"none nearby. it is early. if you do find one, contact us. i will be waiting in FLIGHT OF FANTASY. the ENTRANCE will appear when you need it."

Blasted walls and melted chambers welcome you. The spire still stands, despite having been gutted haphazardly by explosions and particle blasts. The walls had been reduced to rubble. The shield generators are gone, along with their signature shimmering. Sprawled on the ground in front of the ruins is what was once your frame. What little armor remained is burnt and charred save for the shadows that were once your comrades. The pair of dismembered LUPUS frames are still where they once were. Mostly, you note that a pair of arms and both of the heavy cannons are mission. That explains the blast damage at least. Judging by the noticeable absence of maniacal laughter, the LANDSKNECHT has already left.

As you exit your vehicle, you hear a familiar voice. Far shakier than before, and now bearing the the faintest hints of cold indifference. Soft glacial tones that belie the violence they promise. Without a doubt, it's one of the pilots you fought alongside earlier. Guess they survived after all.
"Get on your knees, hands behind head. Identify yourself, please."
They bark at you, the words seeming to initially lurch as if to inform others of your intrusion.

[COMP: 1] Well. Hope you enjoy your covenant with the (apparently yandere) Dark Lord. Your lungs transform into masses of metamaterials, none of which are particularly useful for breathing.
When respawn, you find that you are no longer in the warehouse. Instead, you're being propelled out of the limo onto your recently-created corpse as it speeds away behind you. The limo, not the corpse. That would be weird. Okay, all things considered, that'd be the least weird thing so far. But point is, that doesn't happen.

After much sputtering, they finally speak again.
"You can put those clothes back on. Slowly, no sudden movements."
"Or we'll shoot."
They don't say that last bit, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the implication.

"YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

Shout out for my horse to follow if it isn't and continue with my Murderbear Rodeo ((love my datasheet status btw)) and try to steer the Murderbear towards the colony and away from tents/passers-by, activating [LUCK] if it can effect my physical rolls as well. Continue to try and bring the bear under my control.

Ask DECOHERENT what he thinks of the situation/where he thinks I should head, it's probably time I started dealing with some of the problems we already have, rather than exclusively making them ;D (No matter how awesome they may be :P )
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 3 vs. 1] You bring the murderbear under your control, okay not really your control, but you're able to sort of steer it. The swaying of it's body, controlled by your power over it's neck with your chain, you bring it around to the direction of the colony leading it through the tents some of which collapse behind you as the tent pegs fly like bullets at the shining hide of the murderbear.
[MDEF vs. UTAR: 2 vs. 2] You dodge a ballistic tent-peg that would have made a painful stirrup straight through your ankle.

The bear continues to spasm beneath you, but can't put enough speed into it really buck you, so it tries to sway side to side such that you fall off which proves to be similarly ineffective with you gripped onto a chain around it and whatnot. The way the bear moves it appears to be searching for something, as you approach the colony the tents transition to prefab buildings constructed of interconnected shipping containers some of which are small enough for trucks the others that would have been dropped by aerial transport.

It shifts quite violently at one point lurching towards a generator outside one of the buildings tearing through the mesh fence before you can bring it under control. The bear greedily rips at the generator grabbing as much of the copper as it can before you drive it onward. Officers, covered in exotic weapons and armor, stream from the building the generator once powered and look onward they begin conferring amongst themselves conspiratorially. Apparently after the initial novelty, magnetic murderbears have just become another fact of life in the camp.

You also notice that a soldier is following you, equipped with basic rifles and roughshod armor constructed of ceramic cast offs and metal scraps. He addresses you respectfully
"Sir who has such great fortune upon himself. I would ask you allow me, a lowly decade to join a vaunted century like you! So that I may improve myself as you do yourself. What say you? May I join you in the glorious reclamation of our enemies goods and chattels?"

Code: (DECOHERENT) [Select]
Head into the colony. There are matters to be dealt with on Floor 4. As the situation goes, the payoff should be well worth the risk.

-snip-
Well, your day has been rather, eventful, thus far. Your workplace got attacked by enemy soldiers. You and pretty much everyone in the facility other than those who got killed, and the Loremaster Consortium staff (guess the League didn't want to piss off the people who also fix their FTL drives), were taken hostage and then released a distance away from the facility, a distance just great enough to be irritating. Oh and during all this a fucking tempest has planted itself in the middle of the colony. The underground colony. Where tempests have no business existing in.

From what you can gather from the rumors being passed back and forth between your colleagues, one of the pilots sent to retake the facility apparently turned into an action movie hero and started running up walls during the battle. Oh, and a guy working in Flight Systems, Ao, is dead. Details are hazy but apparently he managed to figure out how to pilot one of the LATRANS, captured an enemy squad and then his head turned into wax. Somehow.

Having returned to where you were, you find a black tablet sitting next to your toolbox. Its screen is on.
Code: (Terminal) [Select]
Grimoire protocols activated
Available networks are:
    SOTERIOLOGIST
    RED_QUEEN
    JUS_AD_BELLUM
    SMOTHERED_MATE
    MALEBRANCHE
    TZINACAN
    DECOHERENT
    SCHROEDINBUG

Enter a network name, or press ENTER to skip

Derek continues past, going down the stairs.
You manage to move down most of the stairs before it happens. The ship lurches, ripping the stairs away from your feet and sending you tumbling down onto the floor. Then, the sirens begin to wail their dire warnings.

It has come.

First comes the stench. The sickly odor of death and decay. Then, thick, choking smog billows upon you from all sides, smothering all light. Finally, the emergency lights kick in, soulless crimson eyes piercing the darkness. Damn it all. Even with this light, the thick fog conceals all but the faintest of details. You are in another chamber with pillar-like structures. That much you can make out.

You cannot see the contents of the pillars, or at least, not at this distance. But, in the short lengths of silence, the gaps of the alarm as it loops back to the beginning, you can hear them. A sort of quiet sloshing, amidst the panicked and dying squawks that have subsumed the distant birdsong.

You are sprawled at the bottom of the stairs sore but unharmed. Behind you, there are more stairs heading further downward, in front of you are the pillars of unknown contents. Above, the crimson lights shine down, the only clear visages within the roiling haze. In the corners of your vision you see things. Glimpses. Sudden movements within the fog. The glint of metal. Distant figures. Mounds of corpses. For a moment, you could of sworn that from the corner your eye, you could see one of the crimson lights open, like a set of eyelids, to reveal an abyssal darkness. A void that was darker than black.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - The Eraser
« Reply #414 on: November 05, 2015, 08:56:27 pm »

<
Turn 21
|
Turn 22
|
Turn 23
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PenciL_art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blazing Glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:00:10 am by Empiricist »

blazing glory

« Reply #415 on: November 05, 2015, 09:58:41 pm »

"Okay, things are officially weird, maybe this is all a dream, maybe the orbital battle never happened, maybe the entire war never happened..."

Ryles stands in the rain for a minute, then sighs.

"Waking up would be really good right about now."

Ryles goes out onto the street and recalls the local points of interest while getting into the swing of letting forth a constant stream of magic, 53.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 05, 2015, 10:25:21 pm »

((Since it seems like we'll have some time before the next update, I'm going to go back to faffing around until I leave.))

"Into the storm? And you didn't even send me an umbrella? I'll try to make sure my dying gurgles are understandable. O'Greenahan out."  Beirus responds to HQ before closing the comm link.

"Looks like it's just going to be us, Jus. Hopefully I don't run into whatever that LATRANS did." Beirus remarks casually.

Into the storm!

((RP faffing about begins here.))

Beirus decided to take one more walkthrough of the facility. He stops when he peers into one of the rooms and notices an incredibly familiar looking black box sitting on top of someone's toolbox.

((This next part is directed at The Ensorceler.))

"I wouldn't go touching that if I were you. No going back once you do." Beirus remarks to the man by the toolbox (Vaguely Swell), while he leans against a nearby wall.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 05, 2015, 11:00:58 pm »

"Huh... neat.  Oh hey AAAA"

DOOOOOODGE
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 06, 2015, 01:54:53 am »

Ao Shi

"Oh wow, that was quite experience! I definitely prefer role of couch stragtegist over frontline soldier, albeit I did some sick sweet moves there... Hahaha!"

"Hmm, this would look good on you."
Ao says and picks up the diadem. "Do you have any idea if it does anything else besides being probably valuable?"

+3 UTAR, +2 MDEF, +2 COMP, +3 TRAN
Pick up the diadem. Examine it. Obtain information, check if it doesn't look too girly on my head. Wear it if Red thinks it isn't dangerous to do so.
Make my way to outside and see if the videogame entity left anything else behind.

Word: 27
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 06, 2015, 10:41:31 pm »

"Hello, there," Vaguely says in the general direction of the nonchalant intruder.

Type HELP into the interface. If it fails to respond, press enter to get it back to a proper menu, and try again.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 69