Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: succession mod, there's still time to join  (Read 10888 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: succession mod, there's still time to join
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »

ruludos it is your turn just download the last file posted.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2015, 07:13:23 pm »

is this it? Just to make his life a little easier.

Posted a month ago. (May 15th)

It says Flame and Fury's the author, and he's the last one who had a successful turn.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10861
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2015, 11:29:45 pm »

I'd like to say that when my turn comes around soon, I definitely intend to participate.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2015, 03:57:02 pm »

that's funny. Because it's your turn now.  It's been 20 hours and rulu hasn't responded. (if you downloaded it without posting ruludos, post now.)
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2015, 07:04:22 am »

thank you alfrodo. to be honest I did not expect so many people to join.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2015, 04:02:50 pm »

thank you alfrodo. to be honest I did not expect so many people to join.

You're welcome?

I honestly thought taking charge would be a sort of.. dickish thing to do.

But if you intend to take your turn vjmdhgr.  You're up.

Also, could you (Urist McCoder) add to the first post, when you take your turn, notify you or post in the thread to state it?  Just don't want to work on the assumption that they're working.

Like it looks like we have been for a while.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:08:06 pm by Alfrodo »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2015, 05:19:57 pm »

There's still some errors with your megabeast Urist McCoder. There's no "creature_urist_mccoder" at the top, or [OBJECT:CREATURE], and its name within the code is still "COLOSSUS_BRONZE". That's just what I got from a short look at it, do you want me to fix these? Has Alfrodo accidentally put up an old version of the mod?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2015, 07:44:42 pm »

Yeah. I posted the last one I saw. Which was when Flame and Fury said he wanted another turn.

I've looked through it and I haven't been able to find any others.

Good to see you're taking yours though.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:47:49 pm by Alfrodo »

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2015, 05:19:45 pm »

Yeah go ahead and fix those errors please.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2015, 01:29:54 pm »

vjmdhzgr, your time is up.  Finish up the mod and put it up on dffd or dropbox, or something.

Endlessblaze: it's your turn now, if you don't post within 24 hours of vjmdhzgr's reply.  We move onto Mcfluffles

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2015, 01:56:13 pm »

ok then........(gulp)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2015, 03:13:54 pm »

It's fine. Megabeasts are all that's required and non-reaction raw-modding is very easy to piece together. 

We're still waiting on Vjm, too.  He'll probably post in about six-seven hours so you have plenty of time to contemplate what stuffs to add, or what to make your megabeast.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2015, 08:06:42 pm »

It's fine. Megabeasts are all that's required and non-reaction raw-modding is very easy to piece together. 

We're still waiting on Vjm, too.  He'll probably post in about six-seven hours so you have plenty of time to contemplate what stuffs to add, or what to make your megabeast.
I wasn't even able to finish my megabeast. I mean, I guess I was only able to put a bit over two hours in, but I was pretty busy these last two days, well, anyway, I'll sign up for the next available slot and edit this with the link to the mod in a few minutes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/33cqhcs2aeanojj/df_40_24-succssesion.zip?dl=0
The megabeast's almost done, but the plastic material for it is way weaker than I really wanted it to be and it's not really fully tested, and its attacks are too weak, and I think there's several other problems, but at least there aren't any errors.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:15:28 pm by vjmdhzgr »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2015, 08:14:06 pm »

this is I don't really now how to do much moding aside from civilizations so....  yha.....I might try adding some plnts or weapons as a beginner thing....

.......maybe I could make a sort of winged dragon that breaths frost? sounds advanced.....but if I figure it It out I would like dragons........OF DOOM
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2015, 08:39:39 pm »

Keep in mind your megabeast should still be defeatable.

Don't want your dragon of Doom randomly tearing up every world it shows up in, without any hope at all.

Steel Colossi are about the strongest you should go.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8