Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Imperial Inquisition [WH40K SG]  (Read 10692 times)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Imperial Inquisition [WH40K SG]
« on: April 30, 2015, 10:53:34 am »

Prologue: Forging an Inquisitor

Located on the Ultima Segmentum, the Corvus Sub Sector has been the battlefield for countless skirmishes in the last few centuries. Eldar pirates, Ork tribes, Tau expansion and propaganda, the occasional rebellious or renegade army... It has been centuries since the last time the Sub Sector was able to provide the Imperium of Man with the ammunition, men, machines and materials necessary for its war effort in nearby areas, as the planets in the Sub Sector are fighting their own petty wars.

The Inquisitor Lords of the Aquilian Sector have sent you, a young and recently appointed Inquisitor, to the Sub Sector in order to reclaim all of it for the Emperor, so its vast resources can be put to good use in the wars across the Segmentum. Lord Inquisitor Cornellius, head of the Aquilian Council, has given you the authority to command all Imperial forces in the Sub Sector. Now it is your time to show the heretics, xenos and rebels the wrath of the Holy Ordos of the Inquisition.

But first... Who exactly are you? I am afraid the profile Lord Cornellius sent is missing, so you will have to fill this datasheet...

Name:
World of Origin:
Training:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Inquisition [WH40K SG]
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 10:58:15 am »

Sanctioned Psyker: Your psychic powers became evident at a young age, and the Inquisition took you to Holy Terra for your Rite of Sanctioning. You became an official Imperial Psyker, and you continued your training for many years, serving wherever the Empire needed you the most. Eventually, you were noticed by Lord Cornellius, and after serving as an acolyte and interrogator, you eventually became an Inquisitor.
A Psyker as an Inquisitor? ... ... Is that even a thing?

Name: Gwydion Llane
Ordo: Ordo Xenos
World of Origin: High-born
Training: Sanctioned Psyker

Background: As firstborn son of the Llane family and heir to their extravagantly wealthy shipping and transportation enterprise on the civilized world of Oneiros V, Gwydion learned from a very young age how to navigate the battlefields of social gatherings and cruise liners as smoothly as a Kriegan with a lasgun facing down a cadre of Howling Banshees. However, though everyone expected great things of him, no one saw it coming when Gwydion revealed himself as a Psyker by inadvertently setting afire half of a ceremonial banquet table. In hindsight, they really shouldn't have insisted he try the shrimp.

"Psyker!" they'd screamed. "Monster!" cried still more. Before the growing mob of courtiers and politicians could hurt him in their terror, however, they were stalled by another voice above all:  The unchallengeable word of an Inquisitor, who had just so happened to be present while searching for potential Genestealer cults. Where the masses were blinded by fear, Gwydion's patron saw potential. He was taken for Psyker training at Holy Terra itself, and eventually emerged with their sanction -- the sanction to bring the Emperor's will upon all those who dare to resist.

With his legacy of higher birth, sharp wits, experience in dealing with the political machinations that run rampant throughout the Imperium, and recently-mastered control over the protean powers of the Warp, it didn't take long for the Inquisition to take a much greater interest in him. Now assigned to the Ordo Xenos and deployed to the Corvus sub-sector under the patronage of Lord Cornellius, Inquisitor Gwydion Llane stands ready to make his mark in a universe ravaged by war, and bring the Emperor's light to all Xenos who profane the purity of mankind with their presence.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:53:39 pm by Xvareon »

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 11:00:55 am »

It is... It has been for a loooong time. Go to any Codex that has Inquisitors. You will see the option to have them become Psykers. Also, tons of Psyker Inquisitors in novels by almost every author.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 11:42:28 am »

Name: Vasily Tagar
Ordo: Xenos (SPACE MARINES YAAA!)
World of Origin: High Born. (We'll deal with this planets insurection and the various factions tearing it apart.)
Training: Arbiter. (Why be the judge when you can be an Inquisitor? That's like Judge, Jury, and Executioner all at once!)

((How this will play out in my mind...Were going to gather all Imperial strenght and then kick these Orks in the mouth. Then were going to give an ultimatum to the Eldar. Leave or get kicked in the mouth. Then were going to just kick the Tau in the mouth because the Emperor wills it. lol)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 12:47:47 pm »

So it seems Ordo Xenos and High Born are mostly set... Any more suggestions/votes?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 01:03:16 pm »

Sanctioned Psyker: Your psychic powers became evident at a young age, and the Inquisition took you to Holy Terra for your Rite of Sanctioning. You became an official Imperial Psyker, and you continued your training for many years, serving wherever the Empire needed you the most. Eventually, you were noticed by Lord Cornellius, and after serving as an acolyte and interrogator, you eventually became an Inquisitor.
A Psyker as an Inquisitor? ... ... Is that even a thing?

Name: Gwydion Llane
Ordo: Ordo Xenos
World of Origin: High-born
Training: Sanctioned Psyker

Background to come later as I figure it out. I tried to type one up and it wound up getting a bit too long. I'm definitely open to anyone else coming up with a background, though, if you want.

+1

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 02:51:13 pm »

It seems Sanctioned Psyker for now.

Just one note. The game will be mostly grand strategy and roleplaying with a bit of smaller scale tactics on the side (specially at the beginning).

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 03:03:14 pm »

Tentative backstory finished. Also, after looking through the Inquisition's page, I've noticed that most Inquisitors seem to belong to 'Factions' which all have their own ideas about what code of conduct they should follow / how the Imperium should be run. i.e, some Inquisitors might follow the Imperial law to the letter, whilst others think that ANYTHING they do is justified as being in the best interests of the Imperium, or even willed by the Emperor himself. Are we required to choose a Faction? Or is that just a roleplaying thing for flavor later?

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 03:44:46 pm »

It's a roleplaying thing for flavor mostly.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 04:29:30 pm »

+1 to Xvareon's suggestion.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 07:31:20 pm »

Is it me or is Warhammer 40k lore so awesome :D

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 07:48:37 pm »

Let's be radical, because daemons are fun.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 07:52:19 pm »

Well that and because were a psyker. Plus, Having alein contacts and getting advanced alien weaponry for study would be good too.

It could be a per say, trump card of ours.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 07:55:32 pm »

We're a psyker.

Can you not see how this will end?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 08:06:01 pm »

Is it normal for Psykers to be corrupted by the Void? If so, why is it that the Emperor and the Regent of Terra (forgot his name) were not corrupted?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7