Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: need help too get masterwork too start  (Read 980 times)

Lord scorch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of the steelflame fort
    • View Profile
need help too get masterwork too start
« on: April 29, 2015, 08:24:37 pm »

I've always wanted too play masterwork but can never get it too work, i'm not that keen of a modder and if you can i'd like a step-by-step on what too do from the start, even what version of dwarf fortress i'll need. i have windows 8.1. hope you guys can help, this has been a loooooong time coming.
("Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
I'm 99% sure this is how Resident Evil started.)

("A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration")

("I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.")

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: need help too get masterwork too start
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 09:48:49 pm »

I've always wanted too play masterwork but can never get it too work, i'm not that keen of a modder and if you can i'd like a step-by-step on what too do from the start, even what version of dwarf fortress i'll need. i have windows 8.1. hope you guys can help, this has been a loooooong time coming.

Download Masterwork 6.2 from this thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125633.0

Unpack it anywhere on your computer.  No other DF is required, it is stand alone.

Doubleclick "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe"

(optional) Change any settings that you care to in the GUI

Press the button in the upper left of the GUI that looks like an ASCII dwarf (tooltip: "Launch Dwarf Fortress!") to launch the DF game engine

Lord scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 02:40:02 am »

now thats kinda the problem...i cant "unpack it". everytime i download it there is no way too EXTRACT IT, i've even downloaded 7-zip and i cant get it too work, cant find it anywhere.
("Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."

("I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.")

Lord scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 03:40:44 am »

GAH! GOT IT WORKING!!!! BY ARMOKS BEARD ITS WORKING XD thank you man for the help!