Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 2-A Quiet Evening)  (Read 18653 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 2-Blue Skies)
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2015, 03:13:58 pm »

((turn done now :P))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2015, 03:29:43 pm »

"How long till the tide comes back in? I'd like to go ashore."
Under his breath, Earl adds "And get off this gods-forsaken ship for a hour or two."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2015, 03:33:11 pm »

"At least half a day, from what we gather" The Captain replies easily, looking over at Earl. "And, we intend to be gone by tomorrow's rising tide. Should have our repairs done by then."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2015, 03:35:10 pm »

"When's that going to be? Morning? Midday?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2015, 03:38:22 pm »

"A little past noon, actually." The Captain says, pointing to a spot in the sky. Nigma doesn't understand for a moment, then he realizes she's more or less pointing to where the sun will be when they leave. His reckoning would be 2:00 PM.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2015, 04:08:03 pm »

"Thanks, captain. I should be back before night."

Seeing that Natalie and Norn are milling around on the deck, he goes over to them.
"I'm thinking about heading ashore, and I figured I should ask if you wanted to join me. Safety in numbers, and all that."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2015, 04:30:00 pm »

"Sure, just remember to tell me if you get yourself eaten." The Captain replies airily, turning back to her discussion...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:32:46 pm by Dwarmin »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2015, 04:47:36 pm »

Ker, having made his way abovedeck, overhears the Captain's words. He approaches her warily, "Where will the sun be tomorrow, when you are to depart? My bones ache and skin itches for the feel of earth and rock beneath my feet, and I'd not cut it any shorter than I must."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2015, 04:52:37 pm »

Ker had just witnessed that Earl fellow asking the same question.

"...A little past noon, actually..." The Captain says, pointing to a spot in the sky. Nigma doesn't understand for a moment, then he realizes she's more or less pointing to where the sun will be when they leave. His reckoning would be 2:00 PM.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2015, 05:42:39 pm »

It seems they weren't going to be ending their voyage here, as Ispil had feared. Unfortunately, it also meant he wouldn't be able to sabotage the ship yet. Getting marooned wasn't his idea of a mission well done.

"Sorry Earl, I'll be heading out alone, though first I'd like to explore the beach a little bit. Try to be back to the ship well before it's dark if you're going to go further into the jungle, there could be just about anything on this island. Don't lose track of time and get caught out."

He heads down onto the sandy shoreline and investigates the debris.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:50:48 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2015, 05:57:09 pm »

UXLX lowers himself down the cargo net aside the vessel and wades through the crystal waters to the shore line...

[Perception Check
18+4=22]

Result/Lucky!
Reward/First person to search the beach

He finds a lot of seaweed, driftwood, sea debris and dead fish...but, he does find something very strange-a treasure among the trash, possibly. Well, who knows if it's a treasure. Perhaps it's just odd.

It's a small cloth doll, built out of some rough, dirty cloth-white stitching eye yes, black stitching mouth arched into a frown, and flaxen hair-like a toy a little girl would play with. The hair seems real, not just threads-honey blonde. Most odd is the knitting needle, poked through the doll's stomach, and through it's back...the needle is old-rusty, and barnacle encrusted, like it's been under the sea for a very long time.. it's very odd that the needle would show such wear, while the doll seems more or less unaffected...

It's certainly a mystery.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2015, 05:59:35 pm »

"I'm planning on sticking to the beach, so I'll come join you in a moment."
Before heading down to retrieve his bow and sword, he looks to Natalie. "You coming?"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2015, 06:01:55 pm »

((Lawl, knew there'd be a reward for searching the beach. This thing is obviously a voodoo doll. :v))

Ispil, deciding to abandon his regular caution, attempts to pluck the needle out of the doll's body. Keeping it if successful, just in case.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2015, 06:06:43 pm »

As soon as Ispil removes the needle, the doll rapidly begins to rot in his hands, as if catching up for all it's years under the sea. He drops it in disgust-and watches as it writhes and dissolves at his feet seemingly disturbingly...lifelike.

After a few moments, there's nothing left of it but a nasty pile of some sort of...scum. That looks vaguely like it was once flesh and bone. He's further surprised a moment later, when the needle itself, also dissolves. It literally rusts away in his hand and blows away in the wind, leaving him holding nothing.

Huh. Weird.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20