Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 2-A Quiet Evening)  (Read 18627 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 2-Green Hell)
« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2015, 02:29:56 pm »

Natalie takes the blow without stoic lack of emotion.  She simply stares at Ker for a minute and then her brow furrows...  She is very angry and not accustomed to showing it.  She's not accustomed to feeling that angry either.  Here is this horrible man who has... well done very little to her.  Nothing that should make her want to bit his puny little head off.

"Something is wrong here." Natalie is confused an uncertain with the words but feels Ker must be right.  "We should head back and regroup."  Natalie draws and cocks her pistol, holding it at the ready and falls in step with Ker, pausing only to snatch some plants off the jungle floor for latter examination.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2015, 02:39:20 pm »

"What? We can just leave Norn! Here, I have some torches, we could keep them at bay with them!"
Earl pulls out his two torches and offers them to the group.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2015, 03:18:20 pm »

"Getting ourselves killed wont help him.  We regroup and then rescue him."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2015, 03:36:21 pm »

"Regroup with who? The ship's crew won't be eager to help."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2015, 03:37:34 pm »

"Get out of the jungle and clear our heads!"
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2015, 03:47:17 pm »

"If we leave now, there might not be much of anything to rescue!"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2015, 05:18:52 pm »

"Majestic..." Ispil mutters under his breath.

He tries to remember if he'd ever seen a temple like this before. For now, he waits outside the entrance as he tries to regain his composure and checks the lifetime left on his torch.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2015, 05:31:10 pm »

Five minutes have passed. Your torch still burns brightly.

And, he has certainly never seen any temple like this. The architecture, upon closer examination, seems...off. The doors are very low and very wide-the stairs are so steep they will be uncomfortable to climb. He thinks this place is not suited for humanoids, but maybe things with four legs-or more. They seem to have enjoyed stone carving-he can make out bats, lizards and felines in stony spherical statues...and despite the jungle's infestation, the ruins still seem stable and strong-he notes that the roses may grow along the stone, but only along the edge have they done a great deal of damage.

He'll have to investigate more to figure anything further.

Spoiler: Player Status (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2015, 05:37:31 pm »

Hold the flame to one of the roses.

Whatever was causing his hallucination must be coming from somewhere. Perhaps these roses are the source?
Regardless, he thinks he should go further in. "It" led him here rather than simply killing him in the jungle, and he wanted to know why. It was possible this place was the 'heart'.

Continue into the complex.
As he goes further in, he tries to pay attention to the architecture and murals. Maybe they had some sort of clue as to this place's nature?

((If the rose like, explodes or something, you can ignore the actions after holding the flame to one.))
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2015, 05:55:08 pm »

As soon as you touch flame to rose, the entire plant reacts violently-like a living thing, it struggles it's way out of the ground, attempting to douse the flames in the sand!

Init Check!

Before he can react, the rose vines twist into a simulacrum of a small humanoid-with tiny, thorn claws! It rakes bleeding wounds in his leg...he feels even more woozy than before...he thinks...poison...

Quote from: Roses for your grave!
Rose Blight claws at ya!
19+3=23
Hit!
Damage 1d4+1=3

Ispil Action

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2015, 05:58:33 pm »

Argh. If that's poison... DAMNIT!
Attack with shortsword, attack with Unarmed (Foot)
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2015, 06:12:39 pm »

Quote from: Weedkiller
Ispil goes full monk
10+5=15
13+5=18
Hit, hit!
Damage 1d4+1d6+6=15

Ispil wastes no time falling into his old patterns-he reacts quickly, striking in combination with his blade and his fists with precision and power. He takes care not to scratch himself on it's thorns, kicking it into the air with a careful rising kick-then, using his shortsword to cleave it into four even pieces before it can root itself again.

The tiny beast falls to the jungle floor, listlessly.

+25 XP

Trying to catch his breath...he can feel the jungle coming alive around him...he'll have to choose his next path carefully.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:14:15 pm by Dwarmin »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2015, 06:28:25 pm »

((Dwarmin, should I really know that much info already? Max HP, damage and to-hit, as well as AC seems like it might be a bit much.))

That stupid plant! He should have been more careful, but he wasn't expecting it to pop out of the ground like that. Wait... He thinks he can remember some similar monsters from the Old Continent... Or is his mind just playing tricks on him?
Whatever these things were, he doubted that they were the worst he'd have to deal with. He'd been taken by surprise but it wouldn't happen again.

Could he set fire to the jungle with his torch, or was it too wet for the flame to take hold? He wasn't sure it was a good idea, even in the case it was possible, but lighting a signal fire to mark the location of the temple would be a good choice, though that assumes the smoke could make its way through the canopy above.
Maybe if Brenna were with him... It was a stupid thought, but something to consider for the future. If he managed to survive this, and managed to free her, maybe he would ask her to accompany him rather than returning to the Fire plane.
Still a lot of 'ifs' and 'maybes', he needed to focus on the present.

Ispil further examines the body of the dead plant creature. Was it the source of the mind-affecting spores...?

This kind of thing was definitely his element, but he was ill-prepared. No reliable backup, no information on what he was up against, and almost no equipment. It was a godsend he'd even had the torches, and he felt fairly sure he would have been in a far worse situation - if not simply dead - without them.

Tch! This is ridiculous. I can't believe I let myself be led astray so easily. I'm poisoned, but it doesn't seem that strong. Wait, the stone... Get onto the stone, the flowers might be there but I'll have clear vision around me. I have to keep away from the jungle. It knows I'm here, it know I'm a danger. I need to head further in... Find its source. Explore the ruins... Tread softly, avoid the flowers. Calm yourself, this is what you were designed to do.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:29:52 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2015, 06:50:59 pm »

"No time to argue.  Nice knowing you."  Natalie keeps moving.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2015, 07:46:18 pm »

Earl mutters "Gods damnit! May Fharlanghn see he makes a safe return," under his breath before following the party back out of the jungle.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20