Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Billiards anyone? Virtual Pool 4  (Read 1116 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Billiards anyone? Virtual Pool 4
« on: April 28, 2015, 04:12:04 pm »

So, I've just gotten back into playing billiards/pool IRL after visiting my grandfather who has a basement pool table. Of course since I live in an apartment and have neither the cash nor money for that sorta thing, I have to make do with vidya.

So I reinstalled my copy of Virtual Pool 4 and have been playing that a bunch. Also found out their MP component now allows people who don't own a subscription ($10 yearly, first year included with the SP component) to play basic games (8ball, 9 ball, and 6 ball) on the garage table. There's usually a challenge match (players play in rotation, winner stays on the table) or two of 8 ball on that table at any time too.

Anyone else play this?

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Billiards anyone? Virtual Pool 4
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 11:23:24 am »

Don't play the game, but something you might want to check out: Local pool leagues. I shoot on an APA pool league, and it's $25 per year for membership and $8 per official league game you play. That money does add up over time, but if you/your team do good enough that money from everybody sends you to Las Vegas for the championship. Or, aside from that, just shooting pool in bars, which is fun and a decent way to meet new people.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Billiards anyone? Virtual Pool 4
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:19:05 pm »

Bumping this because it's now on Steam. They're still having trouble getting steam keys for existing customers, but that's no matter if you buy through steam first. If you do online, I recommend you use the complimentary online bucks to grab a low deflection shaft and a jump cue, or a snooker cue, depending on which you intend to play. They also said they plan to waive the $10 a year requirement for the online portion if the game sells well enough on steam to ease the burden of server hosting.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/336150/