Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Simple, Fast God Game (4/4 Full), Turn 3  (Read 7626 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Simple, Fast God Game (4/4 Full), Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2015, 09:35:56 am »

>Tl;dr: I tell the K.D. to make weapons out of the bones left from the blood sacrifices and also tell them only to use said weapons to defend themselves.

The extra bits were kind of fluff.
Bone weapons would not be effective against either Storm Wolves or Pencil-Plants as fyi.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2015, 09:38:02 am »

"Better to have a weak weapon than no weapon, Just ask the Earth-Men."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2015, 09:40:44 am »

:(

Would creating a new material (metal) be a major or normal act?
Black lives matter.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2015, 09:43:31 am »

:(

Would creating a new material (metal) be a major or normal act?
Amour has metals already so that wouldn't be necessary. Some of the ores are also exposed to the surface.

As to whether it'd be a normal or major act, that'd depend on the scale.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2015, 09:50:49 am »

Waitlist me please!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2015, 10:43:22 am »

Turn 2 Continues

"Aw, Now I feel all guilty, I've got to fix this..."

> Bill spends 1 Major Act to create a Mass of Earth and Rock at the base of The Great Tree, The Earth and Rock mass is filled with Caves and Mountains, Bill names it "Bill's Sorrow", To Symbolize Bill's Depression towards his innocent creations. Within the Caves and Mountains there are Many Edible Fruit-Bearing Trees and Various Plants that can be safely consumed by The Earth-Men. The Plants grow using The Darkness around them and produce slightly more Darkness when they die or are taken out of the ground by Earth-Men, Whereas The Trees grow using The Life Force of The Great Tree and The Life Force of The Great Tree is in turn replenished by Magical Rituals that are preformed every two weeks by The Earth-Men Priests. Bill's Sorrow is Almost Completely Surrounded by Dark Clouds that never rain, Instead they darken the Base of The Great Tree so that Bill's Sorrow is Very Dark, This makes it as comfortable as being Underground for any Earth-Men that choose to remain above ground.

> Bill becomes bound to the Mortal World and appears at the center of Rock-Crumbles.
In a flash of blinding green light, Bill binds himself to the mortal realm, appearing before the Rock-Men. With little fanfare, he begins his labours.

Quote from: Announcement
The Bound God Bill has come! A collection of heavenly boulders orbiting the massive divine central boulder. The heavens and earths tremble at his passing! Beware his mysterious green energy!

Bill has been Bound. Communicating with mortals in his vicinity is now a free action.

Clumps of dirt begin to cling to the roots of the Great Tree as if they were charged with static. More and more clumps join the mass, until the massive lump of stone and dirt rivals Amour in scale. It is riddled with hollows, vast cavern system to be a new home for the Earth-Men. A dark mist emits from the ground, forming a vast black fogbank, obscuring the roots of the Great Tree from outside observation. This black fog, in fact absorbed the light radiated by the Primordial Chaos, feeding the energy directly into the roots of the Great Tree. The Great Tree was brimming with vitality as a result, and many new shoots burst forth from its roots, growing into smaller fruit-bearing trees that dotted the landscape of the Bill's Sorrow. The leaves, branches and upper trunk of the Great Tree had gained a rainbow-like corona, shimmering with a faelike beauty.

The Pencil-Plants upon seeing the Rainbow-Corona, were enraptured, their worship of the Great Tree reaching new heights.

In addition to the trees, many smaller independent plants also sprouted in Bill's Sorrow, possessing something like the opposite of photosynthesis, absorbing the surrounding darkness for energy. At the moment of their death some of this absorbed darkness is released in a purely visual explosion. That might have some utility...

The Earth-Men, first awed by the majestic presence of Bill, slowly found a background pain, that they had learned to live and forgotten, fading from their eyes as a gentle blanket of darkness descended over the base of the Great Tree. When they looked around them, and saw the wondrous sight of imposing mountain ranges, a certain flame of joy was kindled in their hearts, burning away a hidden heartache. Craftsmen saw stone, and knew they would no longer need to murder their kin to craft stone tools. Earth-Men who possessed previously useless knowledge of agriculture suddenly saw potential in certain strains of shrubs and grasses.

There was much rejoicing.

Earth-Men are Zealously Devoted to Bill
Earth-Men have a moderate positive population growth.
Earth-Men have begun developing primitive agriculture.

"... they are ready."

> Appear to some of the strongest of the Storm Wolves, reveal that it was I who created them, and if they serve and worship me, I can bestow upon them more powers and food.
Success! The Storm Wolves now worship you as the ultimate Ancestor-God, the Stormfather.

Code: [Select]
Sentient Bowtie (2/2 Actions): 1 Major Acts, 1.5 Acts (+1.5)
Unescargot      (1/2 Actions): 1 Major Acts, 0 Acts (+0.5)
Pencil_Art      (2/2 Actions): 1 Major Acts, 1 Acts
"Bill"          (0/2 Actions): 0 Major Acts, 0.5 Acts (+1)
Spoiler: Power Income Breakdown (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Planes of Existence (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:42:11 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2015, 01:14:51 pm »

"You should constrain your Pencil Plants to a quarter of the world... any more and you might drown out other sentient species."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2015, 01:35:15 pm »

You doubt the supremacy of the Pencil Plants? Amour is theirs by divine mandate of the Great Tree.  ;)

EDIT: Realized the photosynthesis plants in Bill's Sorrow don't make sense, not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that. Should be fixed.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:40:53 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2015, 03:06:51 pm »

>Bill Speaks to The Earth-Men and gives them the Following Commandments:

1.) Earth-Men are only allowed to kill one another when they fight to determine the Tribal Leader.
2.) Earth-Men must Build at least 1 Earth-Man to replace any dead Earth-Men.
3.) Any Earth-Men with the ability to control Earth are Bill's Priesthood.
4.) Bill's Priesthood are spared from any physical labor, Instead they spend all day every day worshiping Bill. Bill's Priesthood are also expected to spend all of their spare time developing their Earth-Controlling abilities.
5.) Every Earth-Men Tribe is expected to have at least one Priest to serve as the Tribal Spiritual Leader.
6.) Once a Year, Every Earth-Man is expected to celebrate the day that Bill's Sorrow was created by making 2 more Earth-Men and Worshiping Bill.
7.) All Earth-Men are to sacrifice 1/10th of their Valuables to Bill.
8.) The Earth-Men are to Build a Massive Cathedral at the Center of Rock-Crumbles, The Cathedral is called The Boulder-Home. The Boulder-Home is also a place where Earth-Benders train, and a Permanent Force of 1/10th of the Earth-Men Population resides there.
9.) All Earth-Men Priests are expected to journey to The Boulder-Home at least once in their lifetime, But if they are unable to do so, A Large Sacrifice or The Creation of 10 Earth-Men will suffice.
10.)All Earth-Men are to spend at least 1 Hour every day Worshiping Bill. If possible, Bill would prefer that they spend 3 Hours, To Symbolize Bill's Love for his Creations.

> Bill teaches the Earth-Men Metallurgy and Advanced Mining Techniques.

> Bill personally oversees the Construction of The Boulder-Home and once it's Finished Bill resides in it's center.

"Go Forth and Prosper, My Creations."

((Demonic Spoon, How can we gain more Major Acts?))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2015, 04:08:52 pm »

((Wait, talking to mortals costs acts?...))

"I will abstain from any more actions until I have gained more power, but I warn thee thus: if those Pencil Plants harm the integrity of this planet, I will create a species of Storm Locusts which will render your efforts null and void."

> Skip action.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2015, 08:51:40 am »

((Sometimes))

1.) Earth-Men are only allowed to kill one another when they fight to determine the Tribal Leader.
4.) Bill's Priesthood are spared from any physical labor, Instead they spend all day every day worshiping Bill. Bill's Priesthood are also expected to spend all of their spare time developing their Earth-Controlling abilities.
5.) Every Earth-Men Tribe is expected to have at least one Priest to serve as the Tribal Spiritual Leader.
6.) Once a Year, Every Earth-Man is expected to celebrate the day that Bill's Sorrow was created by making 2 more Earth-Men and Worshiping Bill.
8.) The Earth-Men are to Build a Massive Cathedral at the Center of Rock-Crumbles, The Cathedral is called The Boulder-Home. The Boulder-Home is also a place where Earth-Benders train, and a Permanent Force of 1/10th of the Earth-Men Population resides there.
9.) All Earth-Men Priests are expected to journey to The Boulder-Home at least once in their lifetime, But if they are unable to do so, A Large Sacrifice or The Creation of 10 Earth-Men will suffice.
10.)All Earth-Men are to spend at least 1 Hour every day Worshiping Bill. If possible, Bill would prefer that they spend 3 Hours, To Symbolize Bill's Love for his Creations.
Your proclamations are met with little resistance, though considering the dearth of possessions of any sort, the tithe is largely pointless. The singular objects and tools that some Earth-Men own have parts of them symbolically tithed to Bill, who then graciously lends it back to the Earth-Men, so that they don't have to reduce their tools to worthless scrap to give a tenth of it to Bill.

There's some puzzlement and surprise when it is learnt that some Earth-Men have the capability of Earthbending, and the fact that Bill wants those with the ability to spend all their time worshiping him, rather than actually using their abilities. It's a moot point however, since no such Earth-Men have yet appeared.

Construction of the Rock-Crumbles Cathedral begins, but considering the Earth-Mens' complete ignorance of even basic architecture, it's more a large pile of rocks than anything else.

> Bill personally oversees the Construction of The Boulder-Home and once it's Finished Bill resides in it's center.
Rule Clarification: While Communicating with mortals requires no acts if you're a bound god, actions that would require longs periods of time and personal attention, such as teaching or supervision of projects still counts towards your action limit. Since Bill has reached his action-limit for this turn, these actions are delayed for now.

((That's a secret))

Unescargot      (0/2 Actions): 1 Major Acts, 0 Acts (+0.5)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:56:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2015, 08:55:46 am »

Using one Act: "Hear me, Cowmen! I come to you in friendship! I will stem the tide of mine creations if you will but devote half of your worship to me. Devote three quarters and I will also help you against the Storm Wolves! And ye, me plant-men, have ye been neglecting thy creator? I shall issue an ultimatum upon ye. Worship me, and I will give you enlightenment. Do not, and face the consequences."

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:10:34 am by Pencil_Art »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2015, 08:57:40 am »

Using one Act: "Hear me, Cowmen! I come to you in friendship! I will stem the tide of mine creations if you will but devote half of your worship to me. Devote three quarters and I will also help you against the Storm Wolves!"
((So you're extorting them? I like it! Gonna delay updating for a bit though, wanna get some actions from Sentient Bowtie first before I decide how they react to your offer.))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:02:16 am by Demonic Spoon »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2015, 09:03:48 am »

Also one act: "Hmm. Very well. My subjects, you may devote your prayers to him, but I still demand the blood sacrifices for my own."
Black lives matter.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 09:05:58 am »

((Sometimes))

Your proclamations are met with little resistance, though considering the dearth of possessions of any sort, the tithe is largely pointless. The singular objects and tools that some Earth-Men own have parts of them symbolically tithed to Bill, who then graciously lends it back to the Earth-Men, so that they don't have to reduce their tools to worthless scrap to give a tenth of it to Bill.

There's some puzzlement and surprise when it is learnt that some Earth-Men have the capability of Earthbending, and the fact that Bill wants those with the ability to spend all their time worshiping him, rather than actually using their abilities. It's a moot point however, since no such Earth-Men have yet appeared.

Construction of the Rock-Crumbles Cathedral begins, but considering the Earth-Mens' complete ignorance of even basic architecture, it's more a large pile of rocks than anything else.

Rule Clarification: While Communicating with mortals requires no acts if you're a bound god, actions that would require longs periods of time and personal attention, such as teaching or supervision of projects still counts towards your action limit. Since Bill has reached his action-limit for this turn, these actions are delayed for now.

((That's a secret))

Unescargot      (0/2 Actions): 1 Major Acts, 0 Acts (+0.5)

((By Valuables I meant a tenth of their crops, Also, I meant that the Earth-Benders spend half of their time worshiping Bill and the other half training or preform Rituals/Create Earth-Men.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6