Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Simple, Fast God Game (4/4 Full), Turn 3  (Read 7625 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Simple, Fast God Game (4/4 Full), Turn 3
« on: April 28, 2015, 07:11:20 am »

((So I want to make a fast flowing god game. Four spots for prospective deities are available. The first four posters to claim the spots get them.))

The First Era

A massive tree floats in the middle of the endless primal chaos of untapped potential that spreads forever in all directions. Its presence has drawn you here, you feel yourself humming with power, just waiting to be unleashed to do your will.

>Wat Do

• No sheets necessary, we use a revolutionary (not) new (old) pnp (post and play) system.
  • The game is played through turns where each player may perform up to two actions (or not). If a player wants to pass, please make sure to make this known.
  • All actions MUST be bolded and preceded by a ">". Please.
  • Ensure to state what kind of of Act you are using.
  • Creative actions are encouraged but if an action is determined to be 'not fun' or 'impossible' I will ask that you change it.
  • All gods begin with 2 Major Acts and 2 Acts.
  • Gods cannot manifest themselves on the mortal plane without constantly leaking divine essence (Acts). This can be avoided by becoming Bound to the mortal plane.
  • Bound gods are more likely to attract worship from mortals and can freely interact with them. Unlike free gods, they cannot travel freely, being bound into their physical form. The Bound, due to their corporeal nature, can be killed by mortals, although not without difficulty.
  • Gods may be resurrected, allowing the player to take part in the game once more. The nature and power used to perform a resurrection may or may not affect the entity resurrected.

Spoiler: Sources of Power (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Acts (click to show/hide)

Divine Combat

While gods may compete with each other in many ways, direct combat is of course possible. Battles on the godly plane is won by whoever contributes the most Acts towards a battle. The the contributed actions of the winner(s) are consumed. Should victory be achieved, the winner(s) may elect to consume the loser(s)

In combat, Major Acts are equal to 3 Acts and 1 Act is equal to 3 Minor Acts.

Players:
FallacyofUrist aka "Unescargot, the Cloudy Antithesis of Snail Dishes"
Ardent Debater aka "Bill, the Spinny Rock Boulder Thing"
endlessblaze
Ama

Dead/Dormant Gods:
Pencil_Art, Kudzu
Sentient Bowtie, Suspected Daedra Sympathiser

Waitlist:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:07:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fast and Dirty Godling Game (0/4 Spots Filled)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 07:37:59 am »

> in!

Name: Unescargot
Spheres: Lightning, Weather
Appearance: A large humanoid formed of clouds.
Tone: "I want in!"

((I move to have this be the standard sign-up form. Personality will be expressed through role-play and whatnot.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:53:35 am »

> in!

Name: Unescargot
Spheres: Lightning, Weather
Appearance: A large humanoid formed of clouds.
Tone: "I want in!"

((I move to have this be the standard sign-up form. Personality will be expressed through role-play and whatnot.))
Sign up sheets are not needed, though you are free to customize your god as much or little as you want.

> Wat do?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 07:54:35 am »

> Also in!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Hopefully) Fast God Game (2/4 Spots Filled)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 08:24:38 am »

In!

Create earth for the roots of the Great Tree to float into, and from the earth, more trees spring.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Hopefully) Fast God Game (2/4 Spots Filled)
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 08:28:34 am »

In!

Create earth for the roots of the Great Tree to float into, and from the earth, more trees spring.
Okay! Will you be using one of your two major or two normal acts to do that?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: (Hopefully) Fast God Game (3/4 Spots Filled)
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 09:02:23 am »

In.

>Major Act: I create a secondary world, inaccessible from the first without divine intervention or extensive rituals. This is where essences of sapient mortals are to go after they pass from the earth of the Great Tree, and where they may spend the rest of their existence indulging in their pleasures. It is to be called Oblivion the Afterplane.
Black lives matter.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 09:15:55 am »

Turn 1

In.

>Major Act: I create a secondary world, inaccessible from the first without divine intervention or extensive rituals. This is where essences of sapient mortals are to go after they pass from the earth of the Great Tree, and where they may spend the rest of their existence indulging in their pleasures. It is to be called Oblivion the Afterplane.

A Sentient Bowtie, somehow having come into possession of godly power, creates a dreamlike realm, open only to the spirits of dead mortals who were sapient. Though currently empty, once mortal spirits go there, it will create fantasies for the mortals based on their desires. He names this place the Afterplane.

Code: [Select]
Sentient Bowtie (1/2 Actions): 1 Major Act,  2 Acts
Unescargot      (2/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 2 Acts
Pencil_Art      (2/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 2 Acts
Ardent Debater  (2/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 2 Acts
Spoiler: Planes of Existence (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:00:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 09:20:30 am »

"My Name is Bill, And wow this place is boring... I'll fix that."

>Bill uses 1 Act to create Earth-Men. They have roughly a third of the intelligence of humans and are clumsy, But they are also very strong and stubborn.
They prefer to live underground or in Mountainous Areas. They reproduce by creating an Earth-Man and then spend three hours in a very complicated ritual to give the Earth-Man Mold Life. The Earth-Men are roughly 3 feet tall on average,typically weigh around 150 pounds and are humanoid in shape. They have 2 pebbles for eyes and don't need to sleep, and consume their food whole. They're herbivorous and often spend weeks consuming a tree whole. They often fight one another to prove their strength. They organize themselves in a Tribal Fashion, With the Best Fighter being the Leader. They can spend years to learn how to telepathically control earth but the Earth-Benders are very rare, With only 1 out of a 100 taking the time to learn it, and only 2-3 out of a 100 even being able to Earth-Bend.

>Bill places the Earth-Men at the base of the Great Tree and declare that spot to be sacred. Bill tells them to build a permanent Citadel there named, Rock-Crumbles. To always respect the environment, and worship their Creator. Or Else Bill shall send great plagues upon them. Bill teaches them the art of Farming and shows them how to create basic stone and wooden tools.

>Bill spends 1 Act to fill the Earth with Vast Mountains filled with caves for the Earth-Men to live in.

Bill appears as Several Black Boulders orbiting one Larger Black Boulder with green energy connecting them all. Bill floats in the center of Rock-Crumbles and observes the Earth-Men.

"OK, Now that I've got a stable follower base I'm gonna take a quick two year long nap guys. G'Night."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 09:31:09 am »

>Bill uses 1 Act to create Earth-Men. They have roughly a third of the intelligence of humans and are clumsy, But they are also very strong and stubborn.
They prefer to live underground or in Mountainous Areas. They reproduce by creating an Earth-Man and then spend three hours in a very complicated ritual to give the Earth-Man Mold Life. The Earth-Men are roughly 3 feet tall on average,typically weigh around 150 pounds and are humanoid in shape. They have 2 pebbles for eyes and don't need to sleep, and consume their food whole. They're herbivorous and often spend weeks consuming a tree whole. They often fight one another to prove their strength. They organize themselves in a Tribal Fashion, With the Best Fighter being the Leader. They can spend years to learn how to telepathically control earth but the Earth-Benders are very rare, With only 1 out of a 100 taking the time to learn it, and only 2-3 out of a 100 even being able to Earth-Bend.

>Bill places the Earth-Men at the base of the Great Tree and declare that spot to be sacred. Bill tells them to build a permanent Citadel there named, Rock-Crumbles. To always respect the environment, and worship their Creator. Or Else Bill shall send great plagues upon them. Bill teaches them the art of Farming and shows them how to create basic stone and wooden tools.

>Bill spends 1 Act to fill the Earth with Vast Mountains filled with caves for the Earth-Men to live in.

Bill appears as Several Black Boulders orbiting one Larger Black Boulder with green energy connecting them all. Bill floats in the center of Rock-Crumbles and observes the Earth-Men.

"OK, Now that I've got a stable follower base I'm gonna take a quick two year long nap guys. G'Night."

The highlighted part is beyond the limit of what you can do with one normal act.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Hopefully) Fast God Game (4/4 Full)
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 09:34:11 am »

"Hmm, Alright, I won't create the Mountains yet..."

>Bill spends the Mountain Creating Act to teach the Earth-Men Basic Technology instead.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 10:00:10 am »

Turn 1 (Continued)

>Bill places the Earth-Men at the base of the Great Tree and declare that spot to be sacred. Bill tells them to build a permanent Citadel there named, Rock-Crumbles. To always respect the environment, and worship their Creator. Or Else Bill shall send great plagues upon them.

An enigmatic creature composed of spinning black boulders and strange green energy, known only as "Bill" makes the next move. He shapes living creatures made of earth and stone, Earth-Men. Though quite sturdy, they're not too bright, which makes it fortunate that currently they have no natural predators. With their eyes being pebbles, and their innate aversion to bright light, they have poor vision, and are also rather slow.

Immediately after creating them, Bill addresses the Earth-Men with a voice like a avalanche of boulders. He tells them that the place of their birth is sacred, and they must create a grand citadel there, named Rock-Crumbles. He further exhorts them to always respect their environment and worship him, Bill, their wondrous creator, the infallible and greatest god in existence etc. etc.

If they fail to follow his commands, he shall visit terrible plagues on them.

The Earth-Men, having yet to develop language, only barely understood the vaguest outlines of what Bill had said. Though they had a natural reverence and awe for the great Rock-Thing that had appeared before them, and had an instinctive avoidance for disturbing their surroundings too much, and indeed slept in the place they were first created, many of the subtleties were lost on them.

In fact, the Earth-Men were rather miserable overall, longing for caves and mountains they had never known, half-blinded by the bright light shining from the shifting currents of the Primordial Chaos all around them. Lacking both raw materials to create more Earth-Men, and natural predators, the population is so far static. Within them sleeps the hidden potential for bending earth to their will, if there was only earth to manipulate.

>Bill spends 1 Act to teach them the art of Farming and shows them how to create basic stone and wooden tools.
Many Earth-Men suddenly groan in pain and fall into an unconscious stupor as foreign knowledge is implanted directly into their minds. When they recover they will know the theory behind agriculture, though there is nothing to farm, the basics of how to craft stone tools, they would have to use the material from their own bodies to make them, and how to make wooden tools from the Great Tree, though what these tools wood be used for is unclear.
Bill floats in the center of Rock-Crumbles and observes the Earth-Men.
Bill is out of actions and thus cannot appear in the world of Mortals.
Having already used up his two actions, Bill has no time left to nap this turn. He is left disgruntled.

Code: [Select]
Sentient Bowtie (1/2 Actions): 1 Major Act,  2 Acts
Unescargot      (2/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 2 Acts
Pencil_Art      (2/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 2 Acts
"Bill"          (0/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 0 Acts (+0.5)
Spoiler: Planes of Existence (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 02:25:16 pm by Demonic Spoon »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 10:13:55 am »

>Ordinary Act: Forming them from extra matter left lying around for some reason, I create the Tauren Koppig Degenen, a race of human-like beings with torsos covered in thick fur and the heads of bulls. I spread them around the Great Earth, making small tribes or smaller groups. The Koppig Degenen are a peaceful group that hold nature sacred, worshiping the Great Tree and their patron god (who is, in fact, I) , whom they know as Sanguine Sebouine. They value entertainment greatly, and use their herbal skills to create potent liquids that dull the user's senses and mind. They hold long parties very often, where everyone comes together and drink lots of the liquid. The Koppig Degenen are formed fluent in their own language and are able to reproduce if need be.
Black lives matter.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 10:16:14 am »

>Ordinary Act: Forming them from extra matter left lying around for some reason, I create the Tauren Koppig Degenen, a race of human-like beings with torsos covered in thick fur and the heads of bulls. I spread them around the Great Earth, making small tribes or smaller groups. The Koppig Degenen are a peaceful group that hold nature sacred, worshiping the Great Tree and their patron god (who is, in fact, I) , whom they know as Sanguine Sebouine. They value entertainment greatly, and use their herbal skills to create potent liquids that dull the user's senses and mind. They hold long parties very often, where everyone comes together and drink lots of the liquid. The Koppig Degenen are formed fluent in their own language and are able to reproduce if need be.
There is no "Great Earth".
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6