Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Mantling of the Gods [Turn 10: Symbiosis]  (Read 23928 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Mantling of the Gods [Turn 8: Why]
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2015, 01:43:04 pm »

I'm not getting what that is supposed to accomplish Lemonpie?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2015, 01:52:07 pm »

I'm not getting what that is supposed to accomplish Lemonpie?
You'll see

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2015, 06:19:10 pm »

He's going to probably create a creature to take up residence inside those Cathedral Cores.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2015, 07:17:52 pm »

IronyOwl, could I fuse members of two species to create a new species? I want to fuse Whisperwings with Sunlight Rocs to create Whisperings that can teleport/Sunlight Rocs that can survive in space.
Yes.

He's going to probably create a creature to take up residence inside those Cathedral Cores.
I have another idea but I don't want to ruin the surprise if it's right. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2015, 04:37:53 pm »

The universe crafted by other divine being have many amusing creations. Many players and toys. Many sentient races... Yet Alerama wanted her own toys. Having no own ideas she decided to steal solutions of other gods, combining their creations in one being.

Unmantle to create Rifths, hybrid of Glorious, Shards, Djinn, Lumen,  Verna and Natarki. Settle the result on Ark.

If possible: Gain sphere Fusion [/b]

Is it an OK action or I need to provide more details?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2015, 09:03:35 pm »

I have no idea how those will turn out.

Could you please not make your abominations on Ark? Flow and the Brainmoon both only have one sapient race so far after all.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2015, 01:39:08 am »

party on Ark free beer everyone invited

And I guess that'll work, UR.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2015, 02:23:49 am »

I have no idea how those will turn out.

Could you please not make your abominations on Ark? Flow and the Brainmoon both only have one sapient race so far after all.
Kuron is out of the question because Alerama doesn't want to play outside the barrier... As for Flow... Nah, crowding Ark further is funnier.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2015, 02:44:33 am »

So taking a stab at what the abominations may turn out as, depending on rolls:

Shapeshifting plants who are made of fire with magical blood and have a psionic hivemind.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2015, 04:08:40 am »

Oi! I already took the plants! :P

But seriously, some shenanigans will happen. Where will you put them?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 02, 2015, 08:46:26 am »

Omy. That can only end well.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 02, 2015, 08:29:21 pm »

I'll probably not get in anytime soon, but Waitlist.

Spoiler: Cat? (click to show/hide)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2015, 02:00:55 pm »

((A catgod, huh? Considering what we're currently facing... Hmh. ;) ))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2015, 02:26:52 pm »

((I had the idea first! Irony is the plagiarizer!) Death to false Catgods!)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2015, 10:31:23 am »

Turn 9: Why Not

((Dammit. These rolls, man. Guess it's what I deserve for getting two 20's in a row.))

The Maker again continues to attempt communication with the 'Wretch'. He also ponders over this 'Divine Regret'. What did that do?
[13, Good] You finally manage to approach Wretch without her fleeing. She seems to be making cooing noises as a slavering Voidspawn way up in space.

What do you say?

Conversation initiated with Wretch

Blood is your strength and source of power. Only by its use will our people ever become great.
-Memo from the Mother of Djinn

Teach the Empire to store and preserve blood, as well as using this blood to perform magic. Call it Hemomancy.
[2, Malus] The Djinn's grim Blood Vats turn out great! Other than further reinforcing their... darker tendencies with spiked Penitence Chambers and so on, that is.

Grim Blood Rituals added to Empire

Planner rushes across the inner surface of the Divine Barrier in crazed patterns that seem to contain no underlying order. He would have to be satisfied with what he had achieved with the Sundancer so far.

The malice buildup was worrisome by its very lack of noticeable effects. Fortunately, he'd planned for the Aether Whales not being a perfect solution to the problem, and had prepared a little something of his own...

With his divine will, he forced the ambient malice, bad karma, negative emotions, vengeful souls etc. to condense into several focused points, forming malice gravity wells that drew in the surrounding malice in a self-perpuating chain reaction.

Create the Hellstars in the void within the Divine Barrier, titanic collections of spikes jutting out from a central point. The sheer concentration of malice, damned souls and assorted badstuff contained within their bulk attracts any of the same that is nearby, forming a cloudbank around them, converging into a neverending malicestorm. As the storm rubs against itself and the Hellstar, agitated malice is discharged in the form of malice lightning, the spikes acting as lightning rods, sucking up the malice lightning and trapping it within the sizeable core of the Hellstar.

The imprisoned malicestuff is then burned up by the metabolic processes of the star, the tortured souls of those contained within slowly reduced to nothing by this extremely painful process of being burned up. Burning souls and burning malice alike are thus transformed into a ominous looking but otherwise harmless blood-red glow by this burning process, allowing the dim outlines of the Hellstars to be visible through the malice clouds surrounding them. They are also capable of focusing the light they produce into significantly less harmless rays of heat and coherent laser beams of light, mainly used to defend themselves. They despise beings with an aspect of darkness and will actively attack them, while being at least somewhat tolerant of other light-creatures.

As the ambient malice increases, so too does the amount drawn in by the malice gravity wells, and thus absorbed by the Hellstars. If the malice absorption should happen to turn into a runaway positive feedback loop, with malice being absorbed significantly faster than it can be burned up, and absorbed malice thus being compacted into superdense forms that are more difficult to burn up, Hellstars with such excess mass instead split into two new, smaller Hellstars, which will slowly grow again as they absorb excess malice. In this way, a rough maximum limit is placed on the total amount of excess ambient malice that can exist, as Hellstars will continue to split if there is too much ambient malice until a equilibrium is reached.

Hellstars can move, but their speed is glacial, and if they get too close to a planet they will get sucked in by its gravity well, crashing down to the surface and being rendered immobile by the tyrannic gravity possessed by the planet. They are still however capable of using their energy beams to attack and defend, and the rest of their metabolic processes should work pretty much as normal, though the effects a malicestorm might have on a planetary biosphere are probably unpleasant. -1 Size +1 Power

Spoiler: Hellstars (click to show/hide)
((No, I never read the manga the picture is from, the Hellstars aren't based on anything from it, the similar names are coincidental, and that pictured just happened to be a good depiction of what the Hellstars look like when well, I googled hellstar.

My luck is super frustrating >_<))
[14, Good] Your Hellstars come out much as you envisioned them- terrifying spiked entities that one would never guess were "alive." They attract and slowly consume various bad things as intended, though their method of doing so- generating a "gravity" of like material- means they require a certain minimum reserve in storage to avoid starvation.

Hellstars created

Nothing. It's just that if you're talking with a Natarki, either your face is in your palm or you're Ol'kuur.
((It's not like that' mutually exclusive. Just in my case, it might be literally a face in several palms.))

Unmantle to uplift the Natarki to civilization level - the Lineages of Kuron. The leviathans, behemoths, and such are each in charge of a large collection of Natarki who seek to emulate their leader in some shape or form, sometimes literally, sometimes in aptitude and power suite. Should a leviathan die, its lineage spreads out to other deserving lineages, and if a new behemoth arises, it draws fitting Natarki to itself. Though each lineage molds itself after its Lineage Lord, two impulses are common to all - Expansion and Competition. They seek to expand their own lineage as well as the reach of the Lineages as a whole, and compete to improve themselves, aiming to come closer to their Lineage Lord, and the Lineage Lords competing who has the greater lineage.

Obtain Competition as my sphere.

[13, Good] The Lineages of Kuron arise, glorious and proud. Also very, very strange, but that's nothing new. Soon your Natarki are putting moss on their heads and waving their arms around because their four-legged thirty-seven-tongued neon pink idol is doing it, rather than on their own recognizance.

Lineages of Kuron created on the Kuron
Now Patron of [Caverns][Psionics][Competition]

Da'at modifies all of the Cathedral cores slightly, doubling the amount of space between the mushroom and the shell.
[15, Good] Despite the logistical concerns involved, you double the amount of space between the mushrooms and shells of the cathedral cores. This does require a few more hoops on the mushrooms' part, since they have to hold their form out further from their source of control, but nothing they can't handle.

Cathedral cores modified

The universe crafted by other divine being have many amusing creations. Many players and toys. Many sentient races... Yet Alerama wanted her own toys. Having no own ideas she decided to steal solutions of other gods, combining their creations in one being.

Unmantle to create Rifths, hybrid of Glorious, Shards, Djinn, Lumen,  Verna and Natarki. Settle the result on Ark.

If possible: Gain sphere Fusion [/b]

Is it an OK action or I need to provide more details?
[16, Good] You create the Rifths, glowing plantlike tentacles that can weld themselves together to form coherent entities. As might be expected, they're a little... odd, in the head. They usually combine delusions of grandeur with the conviction that everyone is out to get them, resulting in a lot of indignant villain speeches.

Rifths created on Ark
Now Spirit of [Shields][Fusion]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This was pretty much a repeat of last turn, only with better rolls. I'm using fair physical dice, I swear!

I'll probably not get in anytime soon, but Waitlist.

Spoiler: Cat? (click to show/hide)
Added.

Oh yes! The encyclopedia has also been organized, and should now be easier to read.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15