Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Mantling of the Gods [Turn 10: Symbiosis]  (Read 23973 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Mantling of the Gods [Turn 3: Hunger]
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2015, 04:35:19 am »

Ol'kuur regards the Maze with a mixture of disappointment, interest, and vastly different sensory organs. It was good, it was working as intended, but it was lacking. Ol'kuur retreats back to the Kuron to consider his options. Was he ready to create the Natarki? He did not think so, but could he create a place that rivaled the Whispering Caves? Maybe a different approach was called for.

On Kuron, create the Kivshar Woods, a forest region consisting of mobile colorful chitinous plants.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2015, 04:37:02 am »

Might I ask how exactly the turn was lost? Something like a textarea cache plugin might be of use for you. Also damnit, those rolls.  :'(
* IronyOwl cancels switch tabs: Closing tab

It's probably a rare enough occurrence not to bother with a plugin, but I'll keep it in mind if it becomes a habit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2015, 04:38:15 am »

Might I ask how exactly the turn was lost? Something like a textarea cache plugin might be of use for you. Also damnit, those rolls.  :'(
* IronyOwl cancels switch tabs: Closing tab

It's probably a rare enough occurrence not to bother with a plugin, but I'll keep it in mind if it becomes a habit.
How often, and how apocalyptic are the apocalypse cycles?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2015, 04:49:10 am »

Reasonably rare and variably apocalyptic. Godborn are fairly rare, so for them to start running into each other a lot takes a while. Ravening grasshopper gods tend not to dig very much, so it's not that hard to hide from one if you're smaller than a giant tree. They also roam around in large groups, which means that running out of things to eat doesn't always mean they've scoured everything clean, just enough that they can't find anything else where they are. It also helps that Ark's plant life is fairly good at bouncing back, since the world is forested to the point that not much light reaches the soil in the same way that Flow is warm.

That said, imagine living in a giant tree forest, hiding underground while giant screeching things devour anyone who wasn't fast enough or who got noticed and dug out of their burrow, then emerging to find yourself in an empty plain that the grasshoppers might come back to. Unless you're thoroughly prepared for it, that's not a minor incident. Where will you live? What will you eat? What the hell is that blue thing where the leaves used to be? It's not the most permanent or thorough of apocalypses, but it's still pretty bad unless you were very well prepared.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2015, 04:53:49 am »

Reasonably rare and variably apocalyptic. Godborn are fairly rare, so for them to start running into each other a lot takes a while. Ravening grasshopper gods tend not to dig very much, so it's not that hard to hide from one if you're smaller than a giant tree. They also roam around in large groups, which means that running out of things to eat doesn't always mean they've scoured everything clean, just enough that they can't find anything else where they are. It also helps that Ark's plant life is fairly good at bouncing back, since the world is forested to the point that not much light reaches the soil in the same way that Flow is warm.

That said, imagine living in a giant tree forest, hiding underground while giant screeching things devour anyone who wasn't fast enough or who got noticed and dug out of their burrow, then emerging to find yourself in an empty plain that the grasshoppers might come back to. Unless you're thoroughly prepared for it, that's not a minor incident. Where will you live? What will you eat? What the hell is that blue thing where the leaves used to be? It's not the most permanent or thorough of apocalypses, but it's still pretty bad unless you were very well prepared.
:D

This is honestly a pretty awesome failure. I feel conflicted.

Also, "ravening grashopper gods" made me lol.

Kind of curious how the fledgling civilization of Rootrip will weather the locusts though.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:52:55 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2015, 05:14:38 am »

An error of colossal scale. This only gave the Elders all the more reason to hunt down their younger kin. Not at all a good result. Except for the magical blood that is. Shevel sighed at her mistake and decided to make her own little solution to the problem.

Create a Djinn caste called Illuminators. They have the ability of inhibiting the transition to an Elder via the constant emission of pheromones. These same pheromones also result in expanding the brains of Djinn to such an extent that they are able to make use of their blood-borne mana to cast spells. These spells are individually weaker than that of an Elder.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2015, 05:22:59 am »

Planner shifted uncomfortably, legs twitching, antennae flailing, head shuddering. The Godborn had gone beyond his plans! These... mutations of theirs, an unforeseen element. Failure. But even failures can have use. He would leave Ark alone for now, watching events as they unfold. The Shards had a good chance of surviving, if they were worthy. If they dedicated termites to the storage of food, or used more conventional food caches...

If not, he would have to start over. His legs bunched up, and then he leaped up, clearing the atmosphere. Compound eyes turned their attention to Flow, plans churning...

Create mosquito-like creatures on Flow. Invisible and near soundless, they feed on the magical blood of the Djinn (mostly when the Djinn sleep), gaining the magic and nutrients of the blood for themselves. -1 Size, +1 Power

Observe Ark, the Shards in particular.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:01:36 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2015, 05:26:39 am »

Taking a pleasure in sucking my children dry deary? Not that I blame you. Their older siblings are ripping them apart for a taste of them as well. They must taste really good. My poor, tasty children who also happen to be walking magic containers.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2015, 05:36:14 am »

Taking a pleasure in sucking my children dry deary? Not that I blame you. Their older siblings are ripping them apart for a taste of them as well. They must taste really good. My poor, tasty children who also happen to be walking magic containers.
"An exaggeration. Barring misfortune, the mosquitoes feedings should be largely nonlethal. Magical Mosquitoes seemed a useful link in the ecosystem upon which other creatures can prey."

Here Planner pauses, chittering his mandibles smugly.

"Perhaps even the Djinn themselves yes? To concentrate magical power in select individuals or sate the 'Elders' with non-lethally gathered Djinnblood."

EDIT:
Also now that the Verna have a civilization they're better organized and don't take a very keen view of your self righteous barbarians meddling in their pursuit of knowledge by torturing these squirrels to death.
((Oh lordy, how did I miss this?! Verna-Lumen interactions are comedy gold. Lol))

EDIT2: ((Question to IronyOwl: Would it be possible for me to modify the Sundancer to eat Gloriouses that have catapulted themselves while they're still in space?))
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:09:12 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2015, 08:58:11 am »

"Vampire Elders and Magical Blood. What will we see next?" said the Maker, as he hovered near Flow.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2015, 09:35:14 am »

((Not sure if this is possible, but I'll give it a try))

Da'at shows the Lumen that are still alive terrible visions of the Godborn, devouring and murdering everything wherever they go. After showing these, he shows them visions of small creatures digging holes and burrowing themselves underground.

Da'at observes interactions between the Lumen and the Godborn, and between the Sunlight Rocs and Godborn.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2015, 09:40:59 am »

Da'at shows the Lumen that are still alive terrible visions of the Godborn, devouring and murdering everything wherever they go. After showing these, he shows them visions of small creatures digging holes and burrowing themselves underground.

Da'at observes interactions between the Lumen and the Godborn, and between the Sunlight Rocs and Godborn.
((What exactly are you trying to convey with the red? I'm a bit stumped. They should protect small burrowing creatures from the Godborn? They should burrow to escape the godborn? They should attack small burrowing creatures because they are in cahoots with the Godborn?

Also, you'd probably need to be a Patron level deity for this action to be valid))

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2015, 09:49:47 am »

((What exactly are you trying to convey with the red? I'm a bit stumped. They should protect small burrowing creatures from the Godborn? They should burrow to escape the godborn? They should attack small burrowing creatures because they are in cahoots with the Godborn?

Also, you'd probably need to be a Patron level deity for this action to be valid))

((It's a puzzle for them. It's supposed to make them dig tunnels to hide themselves in. The less intelligent Lumen who don't understand the message, will probably die, while the smarter ones survive.))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2015, 09:52:01 am »

Also: >Check on the technological level of the Verna.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2015, 09:58:16 am »

Also: >Check on the technological level of the Verna.
Verna Technological Level:
Torturing Squirrels for science

So... the Rolls aren't shown anymore? Anyway,

Create the Fre-har on the Ark.

The Fre-Har are similar to the Verna in chemical make-up, having split from them earlier along the evolutionary line. Otherwise, they are completely different. The Fre-Har have a vaguely horse-like shape, with hard wooden hooves and sharp wooden horns on their head that regrow regularly. They sometimes have Lightbulbs growing on them, thus increasing the effectiveness of photosynthesis. They are fully tamable, but require different means then that of training regular animals. Their diet consists of Lightbulbs ((Yes, they will sometimes eat each other's Lightbulbs)), but they mostly use photosynthesis for energy. They seem to possess slight mystical powers, seemingly warping reality around them. They are quite intelligent, though incapable of higher thought. They seem to favor Verna as their riders, being made out of the same material and sharing quite a lot of the same genetic material. They are quite playful

Small, Uncommon. +1 to Rarity (boosting it up to Rare.)

((Can I add values to the Verna?))
Actually this isn't valid Pencil Art. You're a patron now so you can't create/modify life anymore. Spheres are just for investing xp, so you could invest xp in life since you have the Life sphere, if I'm understanding spheres correctly.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:13:24 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15