Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.  (Read 18560 times)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

Nice...I was hoping Rocc wouldn't die. Yet. Thanks, I'm enjoying reading this. And sorry that I don't have the time to post BEYOND QUALITY three times a day  like some people  :) , but I really like this story.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2008, 11:21:00 pm »

Eh? Thats the RACE. I haven't even written the character yet...

Ah well. I'll start writing it up. That's the most psychotic of the races in its continuum. We were trying to make a world with 7 races, zero stereotypes, and a balance of the power of the individual (We building an RPG). Needless to say, this generated unique results (This being the objective). Therefore... a portal of some sort must be involved. Given the race I chose, this won't be hard to explain ("Uhh... Oops?" "RUN!!!").

EDIT: BTW, the ' in "Obanne'" is supposed to be over the e.

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Devath ]

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2008, 01:06:00 am »

Name: Riktis Lutell
Race: Fazryk-Obanne'

Physiology:
 Height: 5’
 Weight: 100
 Eye Colors: Fluorescent Green
 Feather Patterns: Layered stripes - Colors are displayed in a blended pattern
 through each individual feather, thus, "Layered".
 Feather Colors: (Shades of)Blue, Purple
 Allergic to: Boredom
Items brought with him/her:

"Feats": I can try, but these don't quite fit the nonstandard race. I mean... seriously, everyone is gonna look at 'im an' go "Like, WTF, mates?". None o' the negative ones fit... therefore, I can't make it work.
{ -24
Magic-user -10
Smart -5
Experimental(Race) -3
Used to chaos(Race) -2
Dodger(Race) -4
Light sleeper(Race) -4
Fast (Race) -3
Faithless +2
Troubling secret +2
Bad sense of humour +3
Well... it doesn't quite work...
}

Class: For the purpose of this RPG, I will assume all creatures use "positive" energy, within this universe, until this assumption is refuted. Either that or my character is going to be feeling very uncomfortable 24-7 due to the lack of "positive" energy flowing through the "land" he is passing through (or "negative" energy either, therefore being devoid of said energy flows.).
Explanation: Our universe is rather... magic-heavy. And employs a number of concepts that we don't have in writing yet. "Positive" and "negative" are arbitrary values that have nothing to do with the connotations of said energies. They are only called such to display opposites. When they come in contact, they produce a rather high-energy substance known as "mana", because we were feeling especially uncreative that day (although this is a rather... atypical use of the word). This substance is rather... suggestible. In other words, it is very hard to retain "mana" for any length of time, as it becomes something else very quickly. Lawl. Anyways... Gawd, I'm gonna have to call up my friend and have him help explain our magic system... We'll get to the ramifications of class when I've finished explaining the magic system, then, I guess.

A decision has been made. We will be starting a dev critique thread in this subforum in the near future, and I will force friend to join forum!

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2008, 07:59:00 am »

I think I understand your explanation about the magic. I will try to make it fit in to the story as much as I can.
Your RPG actually made me think about mine. It has been in my head for different years, and I might be tempted to write it out for the next RP game. With two months of vacation approaching, I would finally have the opportunity.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2008, 10:46:00 pm »

The other thing is that there aren't quite enough negative stats, if you know what I mean. The race is balanced, but on the whole, using your system, I would get a negative number, lol. However, as they are birdies that fly under their own power... Well, we have some serious weaknesses, yes? I was tempted to make him allergic to damage, lol. Anyways, I was trying for one of the race that wasn't too mentally disturbed, so it was troublesome. Anyways, on to the next thread...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2008, 09:02:00 am »

Sorry for the lack of updates, but it's the dreaded periods of exams that is keeping me from writing.
I've just had one of maths ( which I totally pwned ) and I am studying for  geography/German. The exam on friday will be about English, so I might be able to get away writing something on thursday as an "exercise".  :)
Look at the bright side, though. I'm not going anywhere special this vacation.
I figure it will take a week of writing before everyone "dies". ( They might come back in a future game, hint hint. )
So, it is likely there will be 2 RP games, even three in those two months.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2008, 08:44:00 am »

The world dazed before his eyes as Riktis landed in what seemed to be a forest.
Where was he?
Riktis' mind was in a state of chaos even more dazzling than normal. His memory seemed to be ripped in to little strands. Wherever he was, this was not home. Although this intrigued him, maybe even excited him, since he had an opportunity to learn that only presented itself once in a life time, it also frightened him.
The Fazryk-Obanne' were adaptive and had learned to survive in a multitude of surroundings, but he was somewhere that he had never even heard about. And if there was one feat the Fazryk-Obanne' could proudly claim, it was that they know more than any other mortal race, and Riktis could claim this even more than any other Fazryk'.
He was born in the famous Lutell family, the most wise and influential family of his race. Many looked up to them as other races looked up to kings and warlords.
Riktis began to hop alternatively on his right and left leg, a strange habit he had developped to counter boredom while he was thinking. This was a rather infamous trait of the Fazryk.
Habits to counter boredom were like fingerprints of the Fazryk; everyone had one, and each one was different.
Riktis was unsure what to do next. He observed his surroundings.
This forest was surely peculiar; large trees where grouped together, leaving large fields of open grass between them. However, the trees stretched out so far and so high, they blocked out almost all of the sunlight. The only thing growing on the ground were patches of moss. Small flowers which carried white fruits grew in circles around the base of the trees and the thin layer of mid-sized grass which covered the brown earth had a yellowish tint.
Satusfied with with his observations, Riktis looked up to the sky.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:45:47 am by Asheron »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2008, 05:53:38 am »

Urist looked confused at the human. It sure was nice to have something not doglike around here, but this fella was strange.
He walked up to the human.
"Ay! Tallie?"
As he approached him, he noticed just HOW battered the human was.
His strange clothes were reduced to beggar's rags, soaked with blood and dirt. Also, he noticed the human's tan, which was very strange. Only tallies from the deserts in the far south had tans. The known world knew little sunny places that were not infested by trolls and their like.
Urist sniffed. Bloody trolls.
But then, a roar behind him reminded him why he so quickly finished his battle with the dog.
The dog had some friends.
Urist quickly turned around and raised his hammer.
"Ah, bloody 'ell!"
Three dogs had come out of the hole and were clearly not happy to see their friend, reduced to bloodpulp.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:56:09 am by Asheron »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2008, 06:45:57 am »

Good to see this is going again.  :)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2008, 10:11:43 am »

"Where is Ludge?" Rocc sarcastically echoed.
"The bastard has run away ofcourse, the treacherous little scoundrel that he is."
Virvipop did not pay attention at Rocc's raving. Instead, she looked around, searching for any clues.
Well, I doubt that he has ran further in to the house, she said while pointing towards the shroud of darkness that loomed further down the corridor.
"You're not actually trying to find him, are you? Do us a pleasure and leave him to rot wherever he is now."
"Us?" Virvipop frowned.
"I mean me, ofcourse. Not that their is anyone else. Ofcourse not. Ha."
Suspiciously, she looked at Rocc.
"Rocc, I'll just assume you just incured a mental post-trauma disorder for now. But I'll be keeping my eyes on you. Understood?"
Rocc stayed silent for a few moments before nodding. She thought she heard him say "a mental what? bloody witch..."
"Alright then-"
Virvipop stuttered in the mid of her sentence.
"What?" Rocc asked. This time, it was he that was suspicious.
From the shroud of darkness, two eyes emerged.

"What?"
Virvipop remained silent, her eyes focused on a point behind him.
"Bloody witch..." Rocc murmered as he turned around.
"Well, what?"
Rocc could see nothing remarkable. Only darkness and the occasional timber door.
"Can't you see it?"
Her voice was filled with unmistakeable fear.
Unsettled, Rocc took a step backwards, away from the darkness, towards the door.
"God, Virvipop. Stop it. You're freaking me out."
Virvipop was still thrembling on her feet. Only faint squeeks passed her lips.
Rocc sighed.
"THATS IT! I'm sick of this! I'm out of here. BYE, SUCCUBUS!"
Determined, Rocc walked towards the door.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:23:08 am by Asheron »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2008, 09:58:39 am »

BQ :D
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2008, 01:46:05 pm »

Torpin's mind dazzled in a sea of light.
Flashes and screams ripped through his head, raw energy pulsated through his body.
His eyelids burned as he screamed out in pain. A frenzy, the most relentless, barbaric and savage frenzy he had ever experienced, had taken control over him.
He fought against the invisible shackles that bounded him on to the power beam.
For hours, he struggled. But his struggle continued. The power beam, once cold, now glowed with heat.
As his body burned with infernal heat, Torphin fell down against the power beam.
But his frenzy still raged inside of him.
Torphin stood up once again. More flashes and screams raged inside of his head.
Torphin grabbed his head, covered in what he hoped was sweat.
"ARGH!"
A terrible laugther filled it. A voice, clearly inhuman but distincitively female, cackled, as if it was mocking his defeat in his struggle.
"NO! I. CAN. NOT. BE. DEFEATED!"
Torphin began to kick the power beam. Miraciously, his feet stayed intact as they collided with the heavy stone. It did not inch.
Suddenly, Torphin saw. The flashes and screams had dissappeared. Instead, his vision was clear. Even more, perfect. As he looked up, he could see how small dust particles floated down in schools from the hole above him.
He could see light.
In some sort of an upsurge, Torphin jumped up.
Remarkably, he did not come back down.
As he looked down, he saw how his feet floated in the air.
Stunned by this, Torphin looked at his feet for several moments before looking back up.
Torphin raised his feet another few inches higher. Once again, his feet remained in mid-air.
Encouraged by this, he began to climb the air, or whatever you could call it.
He noticed how the edges of the hole were made out of exactly the same material as the power beam. He hoped they worked and that they would "attract" him before the power beam would once again start to pull him back.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 01:48:33 pm by Asheron »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2008, 03:31:40 pm »

Beyond Quality! :D
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2008, 08:54:18 pm »

...Right, I'll goad Hoyr into helping me hammer out the battle system we use for magic tonight. Interesting outlook on the race, btw. I think I'll be making a new thread cause the other one has so many probs with it it ain't funny. Oh well. Anyways, good quality stuffs. Is the points issue resolved, or... does more really have to be done? Peace.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2008, 06:38:01 am »

Is the points issue resolved, or... does more really have to be done? Peace.
Well, I guess you could say I'm just ignoring the points, instead, I'm just using the "feats" to shape the character. So, you could just say I'm making up things as we go along :). I'm going to have a look at your new thread now.
Looks promising.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10