Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.  (Read 18558 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: The RP Forum game; Terror of the Succubus.
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2008, 06:37:00 pm »

Will you continue writing soon again?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2008, 11:02:00 am »

I'm trying to, but I'm always busy, busy, busy. *dies out of stress*

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2008, 11:20:00 am »

Torphin ducked away, crouching against the Power Beam.
The bolt barely missed him, making contact with the Power Beam instead.
The Power Beam absorbed the bolt, but the place the bolt and Power Beam connected turned white.
Moments later, the unescapable happened, though. He felt how the bolt connected with his skin, but to his surprise, it did not pierce it. Instead, it ricocheted away, once again splitting into different new shards.
Relieved he was not going to die in this prison yet, he turned his attention towards the doctors, who were getting increasingly nervous. The one that had spoken however, stayed absolutely calm.
Once again, Torphin crawled up as smoothly as possible ( his foot was still attached to the Eldritch shield ) and started to sling insults to the doctors.
"I'LL GET YOU, YOU FREAKS! YOU ALL WILL WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN WHEN I-"
The doctors began to exit the room one by one as the Eldritch Shield thinned.
"What? WHERE ARE YOU GOING!!! Come back here, you COWARDS!"
Torphin felt how his anger one again took hold of him and how he once again tried to charge through the shield.
A crippling pain rippled trough his body as he connected with the thin shield, but his frenzy kept him up as he stepped through it. The pain dissapeared as soon as he broke contact with the shield, as if it never existed.
He was free.
Torphin letted out a roar of victory as he turned his attention to towards the door. Only two doctors, one of them being the speaker, were still in the room.
The speaker whispered something to the other one, who nodded.
Both of them took out a black shard that looked like the stone of the Power Beam from their sewed in backpacks.
"A piece of stone? Haha... a piece of stone?"
He felt the adrenaline in his body pumping. He knew that it was probably a bad idea to blindly charge into combat with these two, since they seemed confident. But he wanted so bad...
"Subject 3," the unhuman voice monotonely started "return to your cell voluntarily or we will have to use force."
Torphin beckoned at the two doctors, a sign that he was not planning to give up. "Come and get me!"
Even though they could not understand what he was saying, even a fool would understand he was not going back into that shield without a fight.
Torphin letted out another roar, and charged.
He felt how he ran with a speed he rarely had before, carried by his anger.
The doctors did not hesitate. The speaker nodded to the other doctor, and simultanously they raised their shards.

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

[ June 06, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2008, 07:07:00 am »

Virvipop cursed the Succubus as she ran across the lines.
The stinging in her feet had grown from a nuisance to outright torture. Her feet were reduced to two blistering heaps of flesh who barely could keep on running. In fact, the only thing which kept her running was, ironically, the pain. Her determination to save Rocc was long gone, and every inch of her body was begging her mind to get out of the maze.

Ludge was standing nervously at the door.
Since Virvipop had entered, the room had turned completely black.
Without a clue about what was happening, he had serious troubles pulling himself together. If he was not so frightened for what was both outside and inside, he surely would have fled already.
But he also realised he was curious about what was happening to Virvipop and Rocc. Even in this absurd situation, he had to keep himself from entering the room. The curiousity that had come in handy for so many occasions could mean the end of him here.
Then, a scream ripped through the corridor.
Ludge, in turn, screamed out of fear. The scream he heard was bestial, filled with bloodlust and anger. He was getting out of here.
He sprinted towards the door. He almost tripped as a shockwave ripped throughout the house. The house moaned loudly, and for moments Ludge feared the walls around him would also break down.
Moments later, he arrived at the door and he swung it open, almost breaking the hinges.

Jakob froze on the spot as he saw how a troll came out of the door.
The troll, just as surprised as Jakob, stopped.
After a few moments of unsettling silence, the troll roared out and jumped ontop of Jakob.
"YOU WONT GET ME, DEMON! DIE!"
The troll knocked Jakob onto the ground. He almost fainted out of pain when his sprained feet violently got pushed under his leg.
In an unrelentless rage, the troll began to bash Jakob.
Jakob, feeling numb, try to grab his shortsword in a final attempt to save his life.
As he felt the cold handle of it's steel, he unsheathed it with his last strength and swung it upwards.
The troll cried out in pain as the steel ripped through his flesh, creating a large open wound in his abdomen. Warm, green troll blood poured out of the wound, staining the already brown t-shirt of Jakob.
It backed down and fell onto the ground in anguish.
Jakob crawled back up, overcomed by his instincts, ignoring the inhuman pain in his feet and began to run towards the right side of the house.
The house moaned once again as yet another collapsed shocked the house's foundations.
Just as he arrived at the hedge that blocked further entrance to the right side, the unthinkable happened.
A small human, cladded in steel armour, bursted out of the wall.
Following him was a large, black, almost dog-like creature.
Jakob had seen nothing like this before. He could only describe it as an  hyena with monstrous teeth potruding out of it's mouth.
The man began to hurl insults at... it, crawled back up and started to bash  it with a hammer, coloured in a sky blue tint.
The hyena, however, jumped back and started to circle around it.
The man, surprisingly agile for his posture, managed to deal blows to the hyena without risking his own defense. Clearly, he was a skilled soldier.
However, the hyena was as fast as it looked, and the blows it took were mostly harmless. Unaware of Jakob, the two continued their battle.
When more howls filled the air, however, the dwarf leaped forward and brought his hammer down with an extreme feat of strength.
The hyena, surprised by this unusual move, was relentlessly crushed under the huge hammer, it's upper body and face reduced to a heap of bloody flesh.
"AY! TAKE THAT, FILTHY DOG!"

[ May 31, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2008, 08:48:00 am »

Good to see this is going again.  :)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »

Just to clear up things, Ludge is still alive. Well, barely, but he still is.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2008, 10:14:00 am »

Urist had been so wound up by the battle, he had not noticed the tall human, who had been watching at the battle in awe.
"AY! Tallie!"
The human looked slightly stunned at him.
"Wha-? Who are you? And what was THAT?"
He pointed at what remained of the dog.
"Urist Olokdomil, son of the greatest dwarven milker ever born! And THAT used to be a hairy, scurvy dog. Not any longer, he?"
Urist kicked the corpse to confirm what he just said.
"A dwarf?"
"Ay."
"Your serious?"
"What? Neva seen one?"
"That can't. Dwarfs don't exist. Atleast not the cave-dwelling stone-cutting
hammer-wielding stereotype."
"YOU CLAIM WE DON'T EXIST? Bloody racist narrowminded humies! Ay, we are cave-dwelling stone-cutting hammer-wielding BEER-drinking stereotypes. And we're proud o it!"
"Well uh..."
The human clearly was confused.
"You're a strange lad. I'd could agree if you wanted to believe elves didn't exist..."
"THEY DO?"
The human was clearly overwhelmed.
"O' dear. You really are quite not of this world, are ya?"
"Uh... you could say so."
"What happened to you? I see you are under... troll blood?"
He said this with a clear undertone of pure hatred.
"Ah... yes..."
Then, the human paused while it looked down. Apparently, he did not really noticed how battered he was. Exhausted, he fell down.
"Ay! Are you alright there?"

[ June 03, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2008, 01:55:00 pm »

Beyond Quality.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2008, 06:45:00 am »

Great story, though in all honesty I'll miss Ludge when he's gone. He's a pretty good, non-standard adventurer, mainly due to the fact that he isnt an adventurer. Meanwhile the other characters scream adventure, especially the dwarf, but thats just my opinion!

Now I better get back to being gone...

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2008, 10:07:00 am »

Rocc could not remember an experience in his entire life more dreadful then this one. The... thing that was swaying him around for the last fifteen minutes did not seem to plan to stop anywhere soon.
He could feel how the blood alternatively ran to his head and feet as yet another sway disorientated him.
Rocc tried to struggle against the tight grip of the tentacle, but the soaked, hard flesh did not budge for an inch.
Frustrated, he tried to bend himself in some sort of a more comfortable position. A feeling of nausea overcame him, however, and he quickly found himself straight up again, vomiting.
The tentacle briefly stopped, as if it politely waited for him to finish vomiting before swaying again.
Rocc made us of this brief pauze to reorientate himself. After finding out where the floor was, he looked around.
He saw a brief glimpse of Virvipop. However serious the situation was, he could barely keep himself from laughing. She was hopping around arkwardly on some kind of white line. Did she came to rescue him?
"VIRVI-!"
But then, the tentacle started sweeping him around again, as if it noticed he stopped vomiting.

Virvipop was surrounded by a haze. Apparently, it really is true that the haze around you turns red in cases of severe pain.
She had no time to slumber, however. Her feet kept on running, if only because of the extreme pain. When was this maze going to end?
She quickly glanced at the Talking Book.
"You are nearly there, madam. But one small sprint of 14.38 m."
Slightly encouraged by this, she quickened her pace.
"10.8m."
Almost there... almost!
She focussed on Rocc. Apparently, the tentacle had stopped. But as she approached even closer, she saw how Rocc was vomiting out thick trails of vomit. Slightly disgusted by the smell and look, she stopped.
The pain increased tenfold as more tentacles stinged her feet and she once again ran forwards, as if she was burning.
"VIRVI-!"
It was Rocc. He was still conscious, an admirable feat. Many would have fainted by now.  
"Rocc! I'm coming! Don't move!"
Moments later, she realised just how redudant those last words were.
"Well you know-"
"GET ME OUT OF HERE!"
Virvipop was only meters away from Rocc.
She took a leap, and landed safely near the tentacle.
The blackness had nearly reached the base of the tentacle. Only a small platform, not larger than a few square metres remained.
As she landed, the tentacle movements froze in mid-air. The room began to swirl before her eyes and suddenly something seemed to grasp her by her neck.
Before she could even look back, it pulled her back with an enormous force.
"Ah... my head..."
Virvipop and Rocc were back in the corridor.
"Are you alright Rocc?"
"DONT TOUCH ME! OFF!"
"Calm down."
Virvipop looked around.
"Where is Ludge?"

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2008, 02:43:00 pm »

Beyond Quality.
Also, this is post 100.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2008, 09:15:00 am »

Woohoo! That calls for a celebration! *celebrates*

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2008, 01:52:00 am »

CHEESECAAAAAKE!

(RACE)Name: Fazryk-Obanne’
Physiology:
Height: 4’6”- 5’6”
Weight: 70-170
Eye Colors: Fluorescent <Neon> (Orange, Green, Yellow, Pink, Blue)
Feather Patterns: (Mottled), Layered stripes, Pure, Edging, Wingtip, Crest-“V”, Wide stripes; All patterns may be isolated to head or wing area.
Feather Colors: (Shades of) White, Black, Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, Purple
Age Range: 0-18 Child; 18-35 Adult; 35-50 Elder; 50+ Ancient; Max “Unknown”
Description: Humanoid: Avian; Wingspan 2x Height (9’-11’); Feather texture: silky. Hands are very dexterous. Garments generally involve loose tunics made for a winged body. Legs have a reverse joint. Wings have three unique joints for flexibility. A single set of arms separate from the wings, devoid of feathers from the elbow down, skin pigment varying upon the feather colors of the person. Well-adapted to flying at a moments’ notice, for the ability to run away has been crucial to their survival for many millennia. The head is shaped like an especially oblong egg with a thick ridge defining its peak. The head is covered in feathers and the ridge allows for a plume-like effect in feather position. The head is fronted by a large, square beak, lined with sharp teeth. They also are possessed of a tail for balance, extending back behind their body about a third of their height. This tail possesses the largest feathers on their entire body and counterbalances the rest of their body for the use of their wings.
Energy Affinity: Positive
Societal Structure: The society of this race is made up of carefree individuals who love to discover things. The entire structure of society is based upon the race’s innate curiosity about everything. Due to this curiosity, a very long-standing scientific school of thought originated and its practice remains the most captivating activity for the society. Massive experimental labs sprawl across the high mountain aeries that they live in, often generating large explosions that cause them to need something replaced. (This may vary from beakers to the scientist.) They have an almost psychopathic drive to create new things, and, as a result, they often get very little optimization out of any given object, no matter how useful it is. However, their insane drive to make new things was a direct factor in the rise of the magi-tech empire of the Ardym, who learned very quickly that leeching off of the innately disorderly race was to their benefit. The cities are large and completely un-standardized, but the key point is that they work, though they appear chaotic. The one good thing about their drive to create new things is that it could be directed. This is also true of their curiosity; however, the correct term for the action that allows this is distracted. Their feathers sell rather high on the market too…
Inter-racial: Friendly with Ardym. They are generally avoided by sane members of most other races.
Territories: Mountain Aeries (High Mountains)

Lawl. I can see this coming to a close, but I'm impatient, so I offer a racial profile of doom as an offering to the GM for quick completion.

[ June 06, 2008: Message edited by: Devath ]

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »

Though I normally don't accept any characters anymore, yours is awefully
detailed and has SO much potential... you're in!

The shards of black stone immediately flew out of the doctor's hands, roaring towards the middle of the room. Ignoring them, Torphin leaped forwards.
He landed infront of the speaker. Self-certain, Torphin punched him with a blow that could shatter bones.
However, his fist refused to continue in mid-air, as if it had suddenly become independent of his will. Bewildered, Torphin looked at his fist.
The speaker, clearly amused, raised his fist and punched him to the head.
Clearly, this man did not know how to fight, as he could barely feel the speaker's fist. He wouldn't have stood a chance in battle if he could only...
As if the speaker's blow had triggered something, Torphin felt how the floor under him moved. But after different seconds, he realised it was not the floor that was moving, it was him!
Slowly, he felt himself been dragged towards the Power Beam. As he looked back, he saw how the two shards had connected with the Power Beam and how they glowed with a purplish faint glow.
Frustrated, he clawed towards the speaker and the other doctor while leaning forward in an attempt to counter what was dragging him back with gravity.
But it was to no avail. As he neared the Power Beam, the power that dragged him towards it increased.
As he looked back, he saw how one of the doctors looked at him with a devilish grin. The speaker had already opened the door and was about to exit the room.
"NO! LET ME OUT!"
The doctor nodded towards the speaker for one last time, and as he felt how he was being pushed against the power beam, they left the room, and with them, the light disappeared.

[ June 06, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2008, 05:37:00 pm »

Beyond Quality.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10